When will raid tournament loot be returned to original loot? [Developer Response in Post #194] Answer = Never :-(

There are currently 0 gems possible in Raid Tournament loot, so it seems to match your desire.

1 Like

If the current loot is the “final” loot for tournaments… then this proves that SGG will lie to us about anything and everything. They already went back on their word of “temporarily” reducing loot while sorting out bugs and subsequently nerfed it, but keeping this loot around would be a huge slap in the face.

3 Likes

they already told us loot will stay like this, it wont returned to the first tournmaent, it was supposed to be a test, thats all.

You guys thought SG would give 3 and 4* ascension mats twice a week ? + lots of other great loots ? cmon stop dreaming, you were lucky enough to get these free loots on the first tournament

Twice a week? What calendar do you use?

Loot isn’t staying like this, otherwise SGG lies to us twice. It just won’t be as good as the original loot.

Which means that it will be as good as the rest of the game loot. Which means you wont see anything better than what you currently get.

The tournament is part of their business model. To so call keep their word and ruin the optimal mechanism, it is in the best interest to do what is right rather than keep their “word”.

It is similar to a parent to promise to give 1kg of candy to their child and to keep their word when they didn’t know better then. When they know it is better to give less in the long run to keep their child healthy.

2 Likes

4* item has has 2% chance to be drawn?That‘s 1 out of 50. means in general you get ONE 4* mat per YEAR if you finish EVERY tournament in top 1%
:joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

You are basically saying that the tournament loot should be kept low to keep the game healthy, but you are not going to agree with “lying to your customer base is not keeping the game healthy”?

If you feel that the loot should be kept low, that’s fine, we agree to disagree, but I’m more concerned with a “here is something awesome!”, “oh crap, the matchmaking is horrendous, we’re going to temporarily pause the good loot”, and then “you know what, screw you guys we’re keeping it as is” approach.

That’s not good for any of us, regardless of how you feel about the loot itself.

I feel a better business model is where you can actually spend money, get 5*s, AND be able to ascend them. If I can’t ascend them, why do I need to spend more money?

4 Likes

The tournaments are free by the way.

No one forced anyone to pay for the game. It is up to the consumers choice to pay or not.

This is unlike some other games where it is purely pay to win but rather pay for better chances.

Some do get disappointed that loot is like that “only” because they are in the higher ranks. If you are in the lower ranks or rather new at this game, you would not be saying the same thing. I would very much prefer less disparity between players be it paying or not. Keeps more players around and more fair to be honest.

All I see from your comment is that “YOU PROMISED!!!” rather than from the perspective of the game in the bigger picture.

Oh boy, you played the “the game is free” card.

In my opinion, the loot is too low for both event challenges and raid tournaments. There is no incentive to “try hard”. They would make more money if better loot was more accessable. It seems pretty clear in my eyes, but if you don’t agree then that’s fine. I just think you’re wrong :wink:

2 Likes

I believe that they know what they are doing but lets take me as an example. If I lose first day twice, and second day twice, I won`t even bother spending gems to get new flags, as I know second day that I will finish most likely top 10% (assuming that I win the rest of the fights). So it’s pointless to spend gems as 10% loot is worthless.

On top of that, seeing the first loot, I started to plan to spend some of the emblems on 3* and 4* heroes, to be able to compete. Seeing the current loot, I just gave up on spending any emblems on them at all. Which means I am not buying any 175gems emblems, as those 5 emblems won’t make any difference on 5* hero anyway.

Basically seeing the whole model I gave up on spending, as the odds are just too low to bother. I have got Hel stuck at 3-70. If I knew that I can get Tabard soon from the titan, or raid tournament, I would be able to spend some money to buy the tabard as well to get Hel maxed out quickly. But knowing how rare it is, I won`t buy it as well, as waiting 6 months, or 8 months doesn’t make me any difference anymore - it’s forever anyway.

I found that in this game, you either spend thousands, or you better don`t spend nothing at all. C2P is simply not worth it. So their model stopped working on me and I believe that there is a lot of people similar to me. Raid Tournament gave a fresh energy but quickly took it away, so they are not earning on me anymore.

5 Likes

I love living the C2P life. VIP + monthly atlantis deal and that is it!

2 Likes

Bro… I have a bunch of 5s awaiting on level 7 cause my next boost costs 125 emblems! In the meantime I get hammered on raid tournaments with 3 and 4* restrictions because a bunch of players have maxed them already and I simply don’t stand a chance.

So, can you please explain where is this GAP you’re talking about? This is not a request from the community, THEY claimed the tourney rewards would get back to normal. Now it’s not even mentioned anymore… we have been duped once again.

1 Like

No, it is similar to closing a deal for an expensive car provided that I get a specific set of rims, then you give me the car with the default rims… Bad business practice; lack of respect for your customers.

SG is not out there doing us favors, we make them A LOT of money, this is not comparable to kids and candy.

1 Like

I don’t get what you mean.

Everyone has an equal fair share of emblems in the tournament based on your rank tier (some randomness is mixed in but none too far of a gap).

Please read my comment that those who complain are those who are already at a high level.

Getting hammered in 3* and 4* tournaments due to emblems? It is an opportunity cost that those who hammer you chose to emblem their 3*/4* heroes and less on their 5* if they have any. Also, emblems give you an advantage but not a massive one in my experience.

My stand is that I have no intention to petition nor ask developers to keep giving advantage to advanced players and leave F2P/C2P/new players in the dust.

I do have a few at 7 nodes but I do not have a bunch of them lying around in wait. Would love to see your roster.

1 Like

At least you’ll have a couple of maxed 5*'s to leave to your grandkids in your will. (If you place top 1% of course).

I don’t recall paying anything additional to SG for the tournament.

Also, the raids in the tournaments count towards the raid chest. So basically you get to open the raid chest faster.

In my experience the stat advantages are massive. So one have to develop a strategy on who to emblem up. Embleming up attackers or defenders?

This is the gap I would like to understand you are referring to. What I take from your statement is that somehow giving less on raid tournaments helps keep it fair between top players and lower ones.

As I said I don’t see this happening for I am a top player and I’m stuck at level 7 of most my 5s because the emblem cost to advance is too high, while those in lower levels will continue to give emblems to 3s and 4*s and do significantly well in those RTs, so, again, in this setup, lower end players have the bigger advantage and any amount of emblems given won’t change that, making it a lousy argument to justify the reduced rewards to “control the gap”

1 Like