When will raid tournament loot be returned to original loot? [Developer Response in Post #194] Answer = Never :-(

I am guessing “normal” loot should not be expected to be the loot from that first tournament. It was excessive.

2 Likes

Well I am in the minority I guess.
Match making is working the best it is going to work. And it has been with a few glitches since the first tournament. Yes that first one had a glitch that they fixed and the next 2 worked as they wanted it to work. The problem is many of us don’t like it and noone understands it. I do not expect any significant changes regardless of what they say privately or publicly. Just like most of this game it is all random.

The loot should have never been reduced since we are testing it. It should be equalized so we all get the same level loot until they state it is fixed. Which right now what they are probably fixing is the special rules and color restrictions.

1 Like

Good for me to hear that this number of attacks bug is still going. I’d come to this thread thinking that it’d been straightened out, because my defense faced a normal-ish amount of attacks (about 20, I believe), and I was matched with competitive opponents across the board.

Kinda thought it was fixed aside from the wonky resurrect bug, but it appears there might still be a ways to go.

I also agree with comments regarding tourneys lagging behind as a proposed primary source of emblems. Finished top 1% and I got 10 Barbarian emblems–will have to win four more tourneys to get my Grimm up a level at that rate. (I’m not complaining, just stating if it stays this way, it isn’t hitting it’s original purpose).

1 Like

It’s still not fixed. My alliance’s lowest level player scored more total points than our highest level players in the tournament, not because he’s better (he’s good, but he’s not that good), but because our higher teams were paired against 3.5-4k teams and he never had to fight anyone higher than 2800 TP.

And yeah, the resurrect thing was bugged too.

3 Likes

Matchmaking will always be a complaint. People are still complaining about it in war. If the devs wait until all issues are fixed we will have the original loot back when the 5th season starts in 2035.

Seriously though, I really enjoy this game. The devs did a really good job adding the tournament. It’s super fun.

4 Likes

I’m afraid that the first loot was set by some fresh apprentice that was not aware of SG policy, so I wouldn’t count on getting a nice loot back. Their official version was that people were complaining about it. Who the f… would complain that we finally could move the game forward by getting something? Total BS.

2 Likes

People definitely complained, and those people were listened to. They did have something of a point - that the tournament handed out an unbalanced amount of loot and really had nothing to do with performance because of a whole host of teething problems. The point was not the quality of the loot, but the fact that it was more of a lottery than a test of skill or your hero list

I still think the matchmaking needs work. In the first one I went 20-0, in the second just about every team I fought was above my defense team power and I only lasted two days, and similar story on the 5 star one, where every team just about was a higher tp than my defenses.

I think the matchmaking should ideally account for your recent performance. Like if I lost to a tp4000 team, the next one should be slightly lower tp. This might be difficult technically, but would be somewhat like the trophy system used in raids. Perhaps the laurels they use should be used in this way

1 Like

there are still some issues with matchmaking that can be noticed only when you talk to other players on the same level with similar defense teams, me and my brother started the game on the same time (me end of jan 2018 and he started around first week of Feb) we are both level 52 and 53 have almost similar team power (both maxed heroes based on restrictions) that we used on the raid tournaments
first tournament (none of us were attacked)
second tournament (i was attacked 30+ times with score A, my brother around 12 with score B)
third tournament (again me 30+ with score B, my brother around 20-25 with score A)

so there are clearly some issues that we cant feel that need to be fixed before giving the loot as the first round which they were amazing

the real question is will they do the same loot distribution on the challenge events were a percentage of players gets the rewards and not by rank? even if they made the percentages different for example top 0.25% for top rewards, 0.25%-2.5% … etc

i might gotten off-topic a bit in the last part and sorry about that in advance if it will get the topic to go in the wrong direction please feel free to edit my post :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seeing a lot of players choosing not to enter at all until the loot is back to being a goldmine (any loot is better than no loot to me, but whatever), not going to be able to test the full scope of what’s working properly now and what isn’t until there’s an incentive for everyone to enter (:wink::wink:)

2 Likes

We really need that loot to go back up. The only reason that my entire alliance started to level up 3* heroes was because the loot was worth it. We now all have 2-3 maxed 3* in each color since the last 3* tournament. But the loot is so trash now

2 Likes

I’m all for “more loot for all!” just want to be sure the Raid Tourney is back to fixed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Never, fanboys are happy and will defend it.
Quit the game.

1 Like

If 1 million people play in tournament, and I am attacked 3 times, then it doesn’t work properly. I ended in top 1%, but there are still issues.

1 Like

Not sure why people are talking about broken vs fixed tourney when this thread is clearly about the loot. The loot is bad - make it better agree/disagree; nuff said. I think it should be better or at the VERY LEAST more emblems.

1 Like

Well the reason the loot was temporarily reduced was due to all the issues with the tournament. SG said they would eventually increase it again which is why people are discussing whether or not the tournament is fixed.

3 Likes

I want them to say they’ll put it back. Saying they’ll increase it doesn’t mean anything.

4 Likes

When will the raid tournament loot be restored to original setting? Ex: 100 emblem possibility. You said after you got them fixed, it’s been over a month now…

3 Likes

They’re still making substantial changes to matchmaking as of this Raid Tournament, so presumably the developers don’t feel it’s “fixed” yet.

3 Likes

While matchmaking appears to be better, if I was in SG’s shoes, I probably wouldn’t bring loot back to the higher level until the current matchmaking has been run and tested out successfully, for at least a 5* tourney and a 3* tourney, as those are the most extreme variations for the matchmaking algorithm.

And I’m guessing that last weeks break meant a new one was installed and this is the first run at it.

6 Likes

There was a top player, don’t remember the name, with a huge rant that snowballed and produced a lot of silly talk about the unfairness of the winners of the 1st tournament. It was a huge topic on the forum and people went bananas.

I didn’t give a damn who got the loot or who didn’t while they worked on it. Careful what you wish for.

2 Likes