When will raid tournament loot be returned to original loot? [Developer Response in Post #194] Answer = Never :-(

Like what? When? I haven’t even heard of anything. You still have to beta test new event heroes. You still have the alchemy lab. You still have the hero academy. You have costumes coming out. In the last Q and A with Sofia you guys basically said it’s only 2 or 3 people developing this stuff. It feels like there is no possible way new features with more rewards is even going to get looked at in 2019. I hope I’m wrong.

2 Likes

Top 1% got me tall boots, 3 silver coins, and 3 Atlantis coins. I did get 20 Sorcerer emblems, but why on Earth would anyone ever pay for this kind of loot?

They even sell 10 single emblems for 175 gems…

I’m disappointed, reasons as stated repeatedly in above posts, that there won’t be changes to the Loot. This is one area where their focus should be to get it right.

I have to wonder if there is simply too much going on for the devs to keep up with: Alchemy Lab, Hero Costumes, New Event Heroes, Season 3 - not including fixing any bugs/known issues.

With the amount of money that people spend in this game daily, weekly, etc there should be a priority in getting something already released right.

Anyway, just my 2 gems/emblems worth.

2 Likes

Sorry but I really can’t see it in this way.

Do you really think they were too much in a hurry for 6 months?

“Misleading advertising”? Let me say intentional cheat.
But even misleading advertsing is already making fun of your customers.

They intentionally gave us fake news.
I believe they made this choice after the very first tourmament.
Than they postponed the announcement hoping that after 6 months we are used to see the new loot.

I think the rewards are almost in line with what we currently get for free. Titan chest takes min 5 days and is on par maybe worse than the top tourney rewards. Should the loot for top 1% be better than war/elemental chest? I don’t think it should. So I feel it needs a little boost but not back to how it was first tournament that was way to generous.

This was a very good opportunity to make 3* heroes valuable for something.
I started levelling up some of 3* heroes only for these tournaments because of the loot.
Now, I will feed all my 3* heroes to my 4* and 5*…
The loot and the idea of alternating 3*, 4* and 5* was a good opportunity to make all heroes usable
Fast, slow… 3* and 5*.

Now I will focus again only in 5* fast heroes…
That makes 80% of the heroes not important…
So a waste of time for old enough players…

6 Likes

This is precisely why Small Giant needs more competition.

I’d welcome anyone game enough to challenge SG at their own game

3 Likes

You should put this in Ideas & Feature Requests

I really like this idea because it adds emblems adds defenses I can attack and adds more competition to the tourney.

I never did Challenge events until the added emblems. Now I try to complete Legendary tier, and if I have time ( I work weekends), all tiers.

5 Likes

It is. I do well in most 3* and 4 tourneys, landed 1% in a few of them. To this day, I only got a couple hidden blades and some ETTs.

And well… It doesn’t make feel better because I didn’t get a 4* mat during the first tourney :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Top 1% An EHT and 20 sorcerer emblems. Rest junk.

2 Likes

I think the game makers decided they couldn’t be bothered (had other priorities) to fix matchmaking in raid wars. Clearly the imbalance of some being hit only once (lovely A rating or terrible E) and others 40+, makes the event a lotto anyway. It could have been great and give vast potential to use numerous heros from 3 * to 5*. So onwards with the buildings, which based on initial suggestions are going to suck for most players - hmm love to pay to swop a bad hero for another bad one, or even the same one

I haven’t been keeping track of tokens since those are easier to replace with $$$ than 4* mats

Just remember they still plan to introduce 1* and 2* raid tourney with these wonderful loot. Guess we all better start leveling 1* and 2*

It’s not so much the garbage loot…this whole game is basically completing challenges for garbage loot and the occasional sprinkling of good loot, it’s the fact that we were flat out lied to about what raid tourney loot was supposed to be.

Raid tourneys were supposed to be a new prominent source of emblem gathering and the first tourney was great in terms of loot. However, since nothing can be released in this game without more bugs in it then spoiled food sitting outside on a summer day, loot gets nerfed while you guys fix the issues with the promise that loot will be elevated back up.

Now we come to find out what most of us suspected as soon as the nerf happened given SG’s track record, that loot will remain nerfed permanently while you guys work on more stuff to benefit your whale customers while everyone else gets the shaft.

I don’t appreciate being lied to. Your actions are a horrible way to conduct business and honestly I will never trust another statement made by SG/Zynga again regarding this game. You will never see money from me again unless it benefits my friends in my alliance like the gem purchase did this week. Thanks for proving the fact that your words to your players that pay your paychecks mean nothing.

19 Likes

Honestly I’m disappointed about the loot but the thing I’m most bummed about is that it seems as though the tournaments are being abandoned in their current state. I really really wanted this to be a fun feature with a scoring system and leaderboard that made sense and worked well

3 Likes

I think this is correct. The developers realized they couldn’t get matchmaking to work right, and they didn’t want to spend the effort to get it right with so many other things in the development pipeline. I think one of the major issues with matchmaking was trying to get it to work with the 4 strike knockout. If the developers hadn’t been so focused on trying to monetize tournaments, they probably could have built a much more appealing feature.

4 Likes

Seriously?? I just got top 10% and my loot looked exactly like a normal monster chest. For a week long event. Let that sink in a second. No one should EVER use gems to continue with these rewards.

3 Likes

They haven’t made a material change since the third tournament. Possibly they stopped working on tournaments back then, only dealing with related bugs like the crashing servers. They couldn’t even be arsed to fix the scoring.

1 Like

Well, so far I’ve been treating the tournaments mainly as a source for filling my raid chests until the loot was re-upped. I guess that is how it will stay now.

1 Like