When will raid tournament loot be returned to original loot? [Developer Response in Post #194] Answer = Never :-(

Hiya @Petri and @KiraSG (and other SGG staff)

I just want to follow-up on the tournament loot and all that.

In the most recent feedback we have gotten from SGG relating to the tournament loot, the players were told that there were no plans to modify the tournament loot as “we [SGG] are currently focusing our resources to bring new, exciting features to the game which will bring new ways to gain rewards”

I’d like to ask for some clarification 7 months on about what those “new exciting features” are… So far from what I can tell there have been the following attempts [again in 7 months]:

1. Alchemy Lab…
    A universal failure… Definitely not a good substitute for ongoing reduced tournament loot
  2. Event overhaul.
    Yes some better loot but most of the adjustments were made to high tier rewards… Which doesn’t come close to encompassing/ rewarding enough players as compared to tournaments. Also events are once a month compared to tournaments at once a week.
  3. [Well actually there is no 3…]

The only feature currently on the cards to be introduce with a CHANCE at more mats is the Path of Valor… again, I’d like to point out the sheer LACK of loot in the PoV… Especially when compared to the duration/ frequency of tournaments…

So yeah, maybe I’m missing something but in honesty I think that the approach to the ongoing reduced tournament loot is wrong. What should have been done is increase the loot (not back to original release but at least up the odds and maybe give a second AM roll).

Then when the “new exciting features” are released SGG could gently reduce the loot…

Edit:
I’d also like to point out the lack of business sense it makes (albiet to an outsider). By increasing the loot SGG increases the incentive for players to compete & do well/ better. This will lead to more overall participation and more gem continues bought. This will net more profit for SGG…

17 Likes