When was the last time u publicly thanked someone with sincerity in this forum? It's not too late! Show some 💘 now

Good lord no. Whisky is the drink of the Gods. 2 fingers high in the glass, no ice, definitely no lemon and a dribble of water to release the flavour.

If it’s that North American rye stuff​:thinking: sure throw in whatever :crazy_face:

6 Likes

@Pike My long considered opinion* is that whilst trying to make beer Humanity accidentally invented bread. I can’t see why we would have gone to the trouble of doing all the things bread requires unless it was a by product of trying to get loaded.

I can imagine people trying to create beer and in that process making lumps of early flatbread and seeing that after being left in the sun they baked into something that really went well with meat and salad after they’d accomplished the goal of getting hammered.

*I have no qualifications to back my opinion up but it’s the only explanation I could ever come up with for the invention of bread :joy:

4 Likes

and cheese! A ham and cheese, or a sausage and cheese…

funny story, first time I made a ham and cheese sandwich, my Dutch man gasped and said, “are you gonna eat all that?” apparently, anything more than one filling at a time is “lux” lol

5 Likes

@Pike that porter looks divine… @sft1965 would approve

I am now enjoying this beautiful breakfast stout. heh, for breakfast of course, it’s a weekend :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Ooohhhh chocolate beer :heart_eyes:
That’s it, that’s the comment.

4 Likes

I would share pics, but I don’t wanna drive @Pike away :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I think you all are gonna drive me straight to the bar lol :tumbler_glass::tumbler_glass::tumbler_glass:

4 Likes

it’s the weekend, so not a bad place to be :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Not at 3:30 pm!!! Lol don’t wanna be tipsy when I take my wife out to dinner!!!

3 Likes

oops, taking wife out to dinner = need to be on best behavior lol!

3 Likes

On top she’s a lawyer too!!

4 Likes

In short: we owe our bread to beer!? Praise the beer! Praise @Cheds!

2 Likes

Breakfast Stout!? Well, if it’s for breakfast, you should drink it for breakfast. Or instead of breakfast. As we say here: two beers are one bread. Which confirms @Cheds’ story.

4 Likes

You can post whatever you want. As long as it’s within the forum rules. :wink: Still, that won’t convince me. And it takes more than a chocolate beer to drive me away. :rofl: E.g. another nerf rant. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Thank you @Mistress_of_Shadows for being so patient with our off topic posts.

3 Likes

Done with the dinner. Escaped without a scratch lol!!! Next :tumbler_glass::tumbler_glass::tumbler_glass:!!!

2 Likes

NOW you can drink to distraction lol!!

1 Like

wel now, I don’t want to drive you away at all! :stuck_out_tongue: but thanks, I did appreciate the discussion on beer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, i have put (Irish) whiskey in a hot chocolate. Not exactly the same thing, but they both went in the same glass. it was good. :tumbler_glass: :chocolate_bar::coffee:

2 Likes

Woot woot it’s not easy, but for a shop full of family,you do what you can! Thanks for be awesome and let all the different personalities shine in the shops! Such an awesome place to be! :fire::fire::fire::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

4 Likes