WHEN SUDDENLY... discussion

Fricking good. Is there a side discussion thread for this? Do we want one or does that ruin it?

JtB edit - I’m adding a link to the original thread for anyone unfortunate enough to have missed it

5 Likes

Spin offs are mostly crap. :wink:

2 Likes

Aren’t you being slowly digested by Gobbler?

1 Like

No, I have a Goatie @70.
Gobbler has to digest Aifes.

1 Like

I love the twists its taken! I wish I was on more enough to throw a couple more curveballs:)

4 Likes

Science has been broken

I still enjoy this one by @Rook.

It was hilarious and just right for the moment.

4 Likes

I find the whole thing curious and perplexing. I only just found it, but all the different narratives was engaging. I decided to give it a go and ~12 modest hours later I had I had 3000 words+, 3 scenes each encompossing 2 - 4 acts.

if anyone thinks about it? Imagine turning up at a bar and everyone but you is a regular. All you can do is be yourself. This can be a tough crowd at times.

My narrative references others but follows a theme revolving around a unique 10 star+++, rechargeable battle item that Poseidon found in a lvl 30 advanced (and unfindable) Hunters lodge as an Easter egg. Certain phrases are repetitive, but if anyone gets a single reference and smiles then I will feel rewarded. I could say this 1000000 times and i might only ever see the result i like ~13000 times? (something like that or so I believe).

A labour of love possibly? I have done nothing creative for years. But it was rewarding (for me), and as for me exclusively, my opinion is the only one of consequence. Anyone who enjoyed? Thank you. (there are no targets here or victims).

2 Likes

I laughed out loud reading it. The whole Judge Judy angle had me in stitches, but I was also partial to Dr. Who. Does anyone care to list all the various references? :grin:

3 Likes

it’s beautifully chaotic, and a lot of fun!

Like sft1965 says, I enjoy the creative aspect of it. And because of the nature of the thread, we can be as silly as we want.

thanks, all, for making it so much fun!

1 Like

i need a quick summary and synopsis of what’s been happening.

I was one of the regulars at the beginning, but then, I miss a few days, and there are hundreds of different posts and storylines being intertwined together, I no longer know how to contribute meaningfully and not just completely ignore everything before me and start a new story all together.

I wonder, though, if we do need to continue the past storylines so strictly. Personally, I feel like the whole point of the thread is that we can be as silly as we want. Earlier on we had a few posts where someone used the “it was only a dream!” thing and wiped everything that happened before. I didn’t mind that at all, despite having contributed before the story reset.

1 Like

Getting close to needing another one. I like the periodic resets. That gives me an idea for it actually🤔

1 Like

And that is wonderful, but it still has to be be E&P related and it has to be honest and truthful and faithful to the heroes involved. Gobbler and his defenselessness combined with the whole minions thing may never get old (taunts can wither him, or something like that or so i have been told?). I like guidelines and just decided; rules are excellent. And (Fish Girl!)… People should not be able to just make things up, especially if they can kill the thing in a moment. I simply just decided, laten we gaan.

I love that there’s basically now a ‘making of’ documentary :joy:

You guys and girls are all amazing :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

It’s gone StarWars now :grin:

1 Like

@sft1965 laten we gaan (let us go) zonder (without) consensus?!?!? seriously?!

Kidding aside - I was talking about the internal continuity of the tangled mess of storylines we have. I’m not even going to attempt to police what is faithful and truthful to each hero, most of them don’t have personalities in the game so they are open to interpretation.

That said, I love how Hu Tao’s slowness has become a real thing. thanks to @akionna for that. And slowly we are giving personalities to Proteus (a bit cowardly), Sonya (a bit silly but kind-hearted), Margaret (the smart girl) and Marjana (aggressive hothead).

3 Likes

I love it! I wish I was creative enough to add an episode. Too much to highlight, but recently I love Sonya as an airhead and Hu wanting so hard to learn about Titan hits because he never gets a chance.

And of course, the 3* watching on and laughing at the chaos caused by/ to the 4 and 5*

2 Likes

I see a lot of people wanting to contribute, but being worried about doing so because of:

a) the story is now too long and complex - where do we go from here?

b) thinking they lack creativity

But I encourage everyone to just jump in and do their thing :slight_smile: that’s part of the fun! and we’re here to have fun.

5 Likes

3mlex2

4 Likes

Cookie Settings