WHEN SUDDENLY...! Add the Next Line - A story written by Our Community 📖

“Why is no one posting?” asked @nevarmaor.

“I don’t know this Romper Room.” @sft1965 frowned. “I must Google it.”

“Everyone must wear rompers!” Glenda waved her wand. “You’re welcome.”

Then it was a rainbow nightmare. Rompers of every color in every pattern.

“What did I miss?” @sleepyhead woke up, blinking at @CaptainjaKCsparrow, @nevarmaor, and @amrath. “What are you wearing?”

20201205_144717

“I want a yellow one with bamboo leaves!” Hu Tao jumped excitedly. “Not this orange one.”

“It looks like a prison jumpsuit.” Proteus frowned. “Mine is waterproof… and holographic.”

Just then, SGG sent an update with more changes. It said:

3 Likes

“We messed up. Atlantis coins for everyone!”

And…

Atlantis coins began raining from the sky!

“Didn’t this happen before?” Proteus yelped as he ducked under a tree.

Hu Tao consulted his notes. “Why yes, I belive @sleepyhead had this happen before…”

Sleepyhead shrugged. “Well, the thread stalled so I thought I would jumpstart it…!”

3 Likes

Just then a sea dragon popped into the story.

“Ohhhhh!” Hu Tao jumped with excitement. “Did they release you from prison?”

“I was chilling with my homies.” Sammy, the sea dragon, shrugged.

“I’m rich!” @nevarmaor rolled a wheelbarrow full of Atlantis coins. “I’m going to summon Proteus, Proteus, and Agwe!”

“I want Kageburado.” @sft1965 checked his roster. “Or maybe–”

“Mitsuko.” @sleepyhead tapped his chin. “A geisha will come in handy for–”

“Food!” Proteus picked up a coconut. “I’m dizzy. I need–”

“Help!” @amrath slipped on a pile of coins. “Whoa. What are you doing?”

Everyone turned to see @CaptainjaKCsparrow holding a rifle. It was aimed at …

4 Likes

… Chef Boldtusk, who was still merrily chanting names as he stared intently into his upheld frying pan. “I see Emily, and Achmed, and you too Lily, and Nazeem, and …”

“You have never once said you see me! All those years I sat there in front of the tv waiting for a ‘I see Jack’ and NOT ONCE did you see me!” @CaptainjaKCsparrow screamed out a primal yell and took careful aim at the frying pan. Slowly he took a deep breath, held it, and started to squeeze the trigger.

“I see Jack.” said Chef Boldtusk. He looked quizzically at the frying pan and shook it. “Really, I can’t see a thing anymore. What now?”

3 Likes

@CaptainjaKCsparrow gasped, but it was too late.

The bullets were already flying toward Chef Boldusk.

“Duck!” @nevarmaor yelled in panic.

“How about salmon?” Boldtusk smiled.

“No fish!” Proteus shuddered.

“Watch out!” @sleepyhead covered his eyes.

“It’s been fun dude.” @sft1965 waved.

But the developers back in Helsinki loved the red healer. So the unthinkable happened.

All bullets froze, mid-air, saving Boldtusk from a messy death.

Then someone walked in, black trench coat and sunglasses. All he said was–

“Blue pill or red?”

4 Likes

“Pink!” snapped Sleepyhead. “No, wait, rainbow. We have to be inclusive!”

“There is no pink pill. Or rainbow.”

“Oh.” Sleepyhead sat back. He was not in the mood to be outraged. He just wanted a coffee.

Hu Tao cleared his throat. “So… what do we get with the blue pill? And what with the red pill?”

4 Likes

Then the loveliest and most feared of all creatures slinked into the story–

@Rook, the moderator black cat.

“You forgot to ask about the purple pill.” She raised an eyebrow. “Well?”

“How many colors?” Hu Tao scribbled in his notebook. “What are these pills for?”

“Aha-ack-pfft!” @CaptainjaKCsparrow coughed. “They are–”

“Skittles!” @nevarmaor popped all pills into his mouth. “I love candy.”

“Oh no …” @sleepyhead groaned. “You forgot to read the instructions.”

“You forgot to choose.” @Rook hissed. “Now see what you did.”

5 Likes

“Wow” said @nevarmaor . “This is great! I can taste the roast beef and the mashed potatoes! Yum, gravy too! This is just amazing! Here comes dessert … Blueberry Pie!! … HEY What’s HAPPENING?!?”

“It always goes wrong at the blueberry pie” an odd-looking man muttered as he walked into the scene. “Don’t worry, the Oompa-Loompas will take good care of him.”

3 Likes

About a million not-pretty little men bounced into the room, a clear foreshadowing for poor @nevarmaor.

“That wasn’t ready for consumption, was it?” asked @sft1965.

“It never passed QA.” Willy Wonka pointed to a very round and oversized @nevarmaor. “He’s even bigger than Gormek now.”

Boing! Boing! Boing!

“He’s so bouncy!” @amrath giggled. “What if I kick–”

“Watch out for my–” @nevarmaor was too bloated to protect his manly jewels.

Frying pans circled above, waiting for someone–anyone–to slip up.

“There’s not enough coffee in the world …” @sleepyhead grumbled.

Ding!

The glass elevator appeared, doors wide open. Hu Tao and Proteus waved. “Let’s go!”

4 Likes

before anyone could move, poor round @nevarmaor began bouncing… and he hit…

3 Likes

The glass elevator. It shattered into tiny bits.

“That is disturbing!” Willy Wonka sniffed in outrage. “It’s supposed to be bulletproof, windproof, stupidproof, and peopleproof!”

“You should demand a refund.” @sft1965 snorted.

“What is that noise?” @sleepyhead looked around.

“At least he’s not bouncing anymore.” @amrath pointed out.

“Guys, help!” @nevarmaor wheezed. “I’m deflating!”

“Let me calculate the new rate of decay.” @CaptainjaKCsparrow whipped out his new abacus.

“That noise is all the blueberry air leaving his body,” whispered Proteus.

“Uh-oh!” Hu Tao gasped. “Look!”

Indeed, poor @nevarmaor was shrinking and shrinking until …

4 Likes

He was lost in a thick cloud of blue smoke. Everyone peered intently into it, wondering what had happened to @nevarmaor.

Slowly the cloud of blue gaseous hot air dissipated.

“There he is” said @akionna. “No, sorry, that’s a tree.”

“Over there?” asked @amrath, pointing at a small boulder.

“Maybe that way?” asked @CaptainjaKCsparrow hopefully, pointing at nothing in particular.

The cloud disappeared, and with it all trace of @nevarmaor.

“Where did he go now?” grumbled @TGW. “We are always losing track of that one.”

“Wait” said Proteus, his big ears flapping. “I hear something. Very faint.”

He bent down and studied the grass carefully. “Aha! There he is!”

Proteus was pointing at a leaf of grass with a small ant-like figure perched on it. “Hu-nny, we shrunk the kid.”

TinkerMila flew up, all excited, her bells tinkling away. Now SHE was the big shot again.

5 Likes

“I got just the thing!” Hu Tao started emptying his pockets. First the smoothie blender went sailing overhead. Then coconuts, strawberries, bamboo plants, a new 5-pack of notebooks …

“Your pockets are dangerous!” Proteus barely avoided a flying toaster.

“Aha!” Hu Tao grinned, waving his giant magnifying glass. “Now we can visit with @nevarmaor.”

Everyone leaned over the magnifying glass, gasping with surprise. In fact, it was quite the reunion between @nevarmaor and Mila Tinkerbell.

“My eyes!” @sleepyhead groaned. “I can’t unsee it!”

“It is the natural, when two people are attracted …” @CaptainjaKCsparrow began.

“That’s life, yo.” @sft1965 nodded.

Meanwhile, @nevarmaor was in the midst of pure happiness. In fact, he was about to …

4 Likes

… break into song!

“Sweetheart, pass me that piece of grass leaf. I will play that since I don’t have a small enough guitar. I got the music in me, I got the music in me, I got the music in MEEEEEEE.”

“Make it stop! My poor ears! Oh the torture!” screamed Proteus.

“Philistine!” huffed @TGW.

3 Likes

It was perhaps the worst music ever for a striptease, but Mila Tinkerbell loved a challenge. Ok, so her wings got in the way when she tried to remove her top. Still she managed it. She went for her bra next, fumbling with the itty bitty clasp.

It was just enough time for a mini frying pan to zoom in, knocking her unconscious.

@sleepyhead gasped. Was @nevarmaor now dancing around his sleeping lady love?

3 Likes

@nevarmaor placed the blade of grass tween his thumbs ad began to blow a mournful tune. Then he broke into song …

You just don’t know how many nights I’ve waited for your summons portal
You don’t know the gems I’ve hoarded enough to make a few thirty-pulls
But the odds were stacked up against me
And still you wander aimlessly
From me

@rook padded over and curled up beside the crooning midget, purring in rhythm to the music.

'Til now I always got by with my bench
I never really cared 'til I read your card
And now it thrills me to the bone
How do I summon you home?

@TGW was furiously writing the lyrics down that @nevarmaor was singing. “This’ll be great in the E&P Lyrics thread! Hey! @nevarmaor, here’s a ukelele. See if this is small enough for you.” He handed the ukelele over and @nevarmaor began strumming as he sang.

I see your picture beckon, a wave and then you scroll on by
I read about the angst, will you be nerfed or soar up on high
And the days go by so very slow
As I wait for your portal to show
Again

@sleepyhead started tapping his toe. @CaptainjaKCsparrow looked up distractedly from his abacus.

Mr. Rigsers looked on unhappily. There was just far too much grown-up type stuff going on here. How was he going to explain this to the children?

'Til now I always got by with my bench
It’s all there written in your special
And now it thrills me to the bone

Mila Tinkerbell groggily awoke and stood up. She grabbed @nevarmaor and the ukelele and they flew off into the night, angrily tolling her bells at the frying pans.

“That was Heart-felt” said a sighing @akionna.

“Well, now what?” asked Willy Wonka, looking at his shattered glass elevator. “You plan on breaking half my furniture? Or is that my half furniture? I can never get the syntax right.”

5 Likes

FYI I actually dreamed this post in my sleep. I had to rush to my computer first thing and type it up before I forgot it.
Yes, I need a life :rofl:

4 Likes

That’s amazing @nevarmaor! Good thing you caught it in time. :wink:

4 Likes

Proteus looked aghast at Willy Wonka. “Surely you don’t think we meant for all this to happen. There are forces at play beyond our control.”

Willy looked sidelong (much like an Aife attack) at Proteus. “It is written clear as day my good sir. You break the rules, you pay the price.”

“But what rules are we talking about here? Oh, have a smoothie.” said Hu Tao. “I can whip up a delightful chocolate mint rice version just for you.”

“The Rules, you know, the RULES!”

"Aah, yes. " said Proteus, with a wink at Hu Tao.

Meanwhile, on a deserted beach somewhere on a deserted island, Mila Tinkerbell finally figured out how to undo her clasp.

“OMG” said @nevarmaor. I’m in heaven.

3 Likes

Then, with a loud whooosh … something dropped from the sky.

It was solid steel construction. Perfect gleaming silver. Strong, slim, erect. Dug deep into the sand, so nothing could move it.

As it should be. For safety reasons of course.

“Yes!” Mila clapped her hands. “Amazon finally delivered it!”

“My love …” @nevarmaor whispered in awe. “Is that a stripper pole?”

Saxophone music started playing, a slow sexy beat. Probably from the speakers disguised as coconuts.

The music had magic in it, changing both @nevarmaor and Mila to normal size. And the fairy wings vanished too.

“I think you twirl like this …” Mila closed her eyes, going around the pole. “Then maybe …”

“Let me show you how it’s done.” It was a deep voice. It was none other than …

3 Likes