WHEN SUDDENLY...! Add the Next Line - A story written by Our Community 📖

… blew a blast of fire at Renfeld!

The demented assassin shrieked and covered his eyes.

But Kashhrek, the great and powerful Lizard of Oz, stepped in front of Renfeld! With his special skill, he made himself immune to fire!

“Stop this now!” Kash said. “I, the great and powerful lizard of Oz, know how to fix this!”

He pointed at baby Vivica, Seshat and Kiril…

2 Likes

… and instantly transformed the heroes into their adult forms. With some minor improvements of course.

• Seshat was still the Undead Beauty. But now she was more blue instead of purple, thus destroying @sleepyhead’s Best Purple Stack in the World.

• Kiril was his normal jovial self. Except he was taller and younger … and quite handsome actually.

• Vivica, still the lovely Holy Healer, would no longer have to suffer comments about her tiny waist. She was now wearing loose jeans and a plaid shirt.

Of the three, it was Vivica who came to her senses first. Probably because she no longer had to wear a corset so she could squeeze into her miniscule outfit.

“Seshat! What are you holding? Those aren’t conjuration arrows at all!” Vivica blinked at the Undead Beauty curiously.

Then she turned to Kiril. “Wow. You should have stopped drinking sooner. Good thing you lost your magic brew.”

Kashhrek grinned and …

3 Likes

Alas, a moment of silence for my Purple stack. Proteus, Sabina, Aeron, Tibs, plus associate members Rigard and Cyprian and members-in-training Sartana and Domitia hang their heads in mourning.

3 Likes

Kashhrek grinned and waved his arms again. Heroes everywhere began undergoing transformations!

“I can lower defense!” Thorne jumped for joy.

“I can cause lightning DoT!” Quintus laughed.

“My hair is now naturally this color, I don’t need to dye it anymo- Oh…” Colen trailed off.

“My face!” Athena gasped. “I look like an adult woman now!”

“So do I! And my skirt is reasonably long!” Zeline looked down.

“I’m all pumped up!” Tarlak flexed. “Like, look at these ripped abs, dude!”

“What are you doing, Kashhrek?!” Vivica asked. “And HOW are you doing it?!”

5 Likes

Then Dorothy started clapping. “My goodness!” She looked at her blue and white gingham dress. “Can you change my outfit too?”

Kashhrek squinted at her. “Don’t know. Could be a copyright issue, and we don’t want the lawyer to show up.”

“Is your magical closet over here?” She skipped around the Lizard of Oz. “Behind these curtains?”

“Don’t touch those curtains girl!” Kashhrek lunged at her. But it was too late. Everyone gasped when …

3 Likes

A machine was revealed behind the curtains!

“I have a hunch!” said Seshat, and she shot an arrow at it!

The machine fizzled, and…

3 Likes

… BLEW UP!

Meg and Tom started coughing. When the smoke cleared, they were surprised to find …

3 Likes

… everyone else had turned into lizards!

“My beautiful skin!” Zeline wailed. She still had her wings, though.

Kunchen tapped on his huge nose, and fainted straight away. Nobody caught him again, they were too distraught.

Meg and Tom…

3 Likes

… looked at each other, grateful that neither of them were commissioned heroes. The lizard epidemic had bypassed them, allowing them to walk carefully around the sudden collection of reptiles.

“Oh! Do you see that door?” Meg was already pulling Tom toward it. “We have no more heroes to catch … and I don’t like lizards anyway.”

“I’m getting hungry anyway.” Tom pushed the door open. “This is fantastic!”

Hu Tao lumbered toward them, happy to be in his original panda warrior form. “Wait for me!”

Meg turned around, surprised to find a non-lizard approaching them. “How–”

“I am immune to all status ailments!” Hu Tao smiled happily. “It is why I drink so many smoothies. Plus bamboo is a natural antioxidant.”

“This is a stage door.” Tom pulled Hu Tao enthusiastically. "Now we’re on the set of …

2 Likes

nerfing Telluria. Me and a bunch of guys are waiting for her to appear and do the thing. We would need a guy with your skills, Hu Tao!

The yellow panda stared for a long time and said…

3 Likes

“Come with me.” Hu Tao walked through the doorway again. He pointed to the odd collection of reptiles in front of him.

“Which one is Telluria?” asked @staysmart. “They all look the same.”

“This one looks like Zeline.” Hu Tao smiled at the lovely lizard in front of him. “She still has her wings.”

“This one has fantastic hair. Must be Colen.” Hu Tao tried smirking just so. It wasn’t the same.

“Be careful of Kunchen.” Hu Tao stepped over a lizard curled asleep. “He’s always fainting.”

“Is this …” @staysmart squinted at a purple lizard surrounded by conjuration arrows. “Seshat?”

“Yes!” Hu Tao clapped with surprise. “Now @sleepyhead can reunite the Best Purple Stack in the World!”

“But where is Telluria?” @staysmart sounded worried. “I wanted to meet her before she got nerfed into oblivion.”

Hu Tao pointed to an oversized lizard surrounded by a million baby lizards. “I think that’s Telluria.”

@staysmart blinked in disappointment. “That’s not what I expected at all.”

Hu Tao gently urged Telluria toward the door. “She will transform when she crosses the threshhold. As will the others, if they figure it out.”

@staysmart looked around, settling on one particular hero. “Can we also bring …”

3 Likes

“Proteus!”

Hu Tao clapped with glee. Proteus was fast becoming his best buddy, after all.

Meg, Tom, staysmart, Hu Tao, Telluria and her million little baby minions, and Proteus opened the door…

3 Likes

… and found themselves on the set of Judge Judy!

“Oh dear.” Hu Tao looked around slowly. “Is this the right door?”

“Court is now in session!” The bailiff stepped back, bumping into Proteus. “Oh no.” Byrd eyed the Atlantis hero with suspicion. “Judge Judy is cranky today. She just read the announcement about …”

“Telly?” Giant ears quivered in horror. “We had nothing to do with that!”

“YOU!” Judge Judy banged the gavel, making the entire room shake. “Why are you here?” Then she flicked a baby Totoro minion off her shoulder. “My condolences on your upcoming nerf.”

“Thank you, Your Honor. It was good while it lasted.” Telluria scooped up the bouncing minion. “I hope none of your heroes get nerfed.”

“They wouldn’t dare!” The judge sniffed, crossing her arms in front of her. “Now, answer me. Do you need some help?”

“Yes please.” Hu Tao stepped forward. “We are lost. We just need to get to …”

4 Likes

But poor slow Hu Tao’s comments are lost in the commotion. “Nerfing” and Judge Judy’s heroes have been named!!

So many angry voices!!!

Paraphrased crowd!!!

“Nerf Byrd! Are you totally insane? A Nerfed byrd is still legendary!! So what might that even do???”

4 Likes

Judge Judy banged the gavel so hard, she cracked her bench in half. “No one is nerfing Byrd!”

Meg looked at Tom, completely in awe. “She’s so tiny, but so forceful!” She whispered, unaware of Judge Judy’s supersonic hearing.

“Blondie! I’ll take that as a compliment.” The judge frowned at her. “Where is the original blondie?”

“Here I am, Your Honor!” Sonya stepped through the doorway, out of breath. “It took some effort to crawl here! Lizards are slow!”

“Why are there so many angry voices in my courtroom?” Judge Judy scanned the crowd in front of her. “It’s supposed to be a balance change. Whatever that means …”

“Exactly!” Someone yelled from the back. “I paid money for Telly! I want all my mats back!”

“You paid for gems!” Someone else yelled. “It’s a business decision–”

“Quiet! Order in my courtroom!” Judge Judy banged the jury box, the corner shattering into tiny splinters. “I’ve had enough. I’m sending all of you to …”

6 Likes

The Deep Jungle! Where Telly will still reign supreme!

In a flash, everyone disappeared and reappeared in front of a giant tree…

… and then a scantily-clad, lean and muscly man crashed into it!

4 Likes

And it was a fibre glss reinforced carbon fibre composite indestructible .jpg!!! Oh dear!!

“SMACK”. “that hurt!.. Is it the reference? Is it truly international???”

6 Likes

Jungle, Poor George.” said the scantily-clad, lean and muscly man. “Me like Encino better.” He got up, dazed and bewildered and looked around him.

The heroes stared back, equally dazed. What was happening now?

Just then a rather large-eared grey creature rumbled into the clearing.

“Shep!” yelled the scantily-clad, lean and muscly man. “Go fetch …”

5 Likes

But he accidentally grabbed Kishek, and tossed him.

3 Likes

Kishek landed with a dull thud. Everyone crowded around him.

“Who are you?” asked Kiril, rubbing his belly, glad to be out of lizard form. “Are you the new hero of the month?”

“Are you my cousin?” Kashhrek stared at him. “You’re purple, but you’re … breathing fire?”

Kishek trembled when he saw the magnificence of Telluria. “I am …”

3 Likes