WHEN SUDDENLY...! Add the Next Line - A story written by Our Community 📖

Unbeknownst to Melendor, a unknown foe or friend arrived from the west. A strange man with a hood over his features walked into the clearing, with not but a sword

3 Likes

T’was the dark cleric who uttered not a word;
A noble he is not, for he is without his costume;
Without a hesitation he joined in the discord;
Will he bring delight, or will he bring fume?

6 Likes

Rigard, for it was he, peered past Melendor and his two female companions with a wry smile, as he watched the typhoon dragon swoop and plunge over the forest, evading great plumes of fire. “Cleanse”, he said in his clear, noble voice and the smouldering clothes of the woodland allies were freed from the heat and ashes.
“I shall need a mighty steed, Ocean Lord”, he said with a bow to Posideon, “may I ride the kraken to battle?”

5 Likes

“Kraken?” Poseidon pauses, wondering whether he’s ever seen such a creature in this land… “I can offer you my Orichalcum Seadragon instead.”
“Thank you, O Ocean Lord,” Rigard says, bowing again.

Somewhere in the unseen thickets, a young man wearing tattered clothing has his eyes filled with bloodlust from seeing the orichalcum seadragon; if one looked closely, one could see symbols that looked like “f”, “2”, “p” etched deep into his skin.

edit: posting now cuz I saw olmor posting so needed to get it in before he posts or else my post is wasted :stuck_out_tongue:… editing to finish now…

13 Likes

As the sea dragon rose from the waves, Rigard raised an eyebrow.
“Well, it’s no Fireblsde Giant… but it shall serve for now”, then with a cheeky wink he hoisted Misandra on to the beast behind him.
“Melendor, hark, it smells like Dank Derric is loitering in the bushes again, send him with Brienne to seek out the Heroes of the Stronghold. Misandra and I will tackle Gravemaker before he burns the Rathwood to dust!”
And with that, he kicked the Seadragon into an undulating gallop and they bounded into the forest…

5 Likes

“Are we not heroes strong and true”, complained Derric. It had been several hours since Melendor had sent him and Brienne in search of the heroes of Stronghold. “Quit your whining Derric! Was it not you who hid in the bushes as this madness ensued?” stated Brienne. “I am a hero good as any” boistered Derric. “Sshhh, I hear voices up ahead” Brienne interrupted.

4 Likes

Muttering to herself, Skittleskull emerges from the dense shrubbery in the forest. ‘dang that boy, always settin’ fire to everythin’. I ‘m gonna tan his hide…’ they heard, as she walked on in search of her son.

7 Likes

“Hold up” Kingston appeared from an undergrowth in the forest eyeing the witch intently while flipping a dagger with complete ease, ‘would you need help in taming your wild son?’

7 Likes

“Are you a hero of the stronghold?” Brienne asked, eyeing Kingston’s dagger hesitantly.

“Of course he is!” Dark Derric boasted. “I told you I was as good a hero as any!”

“Hey, brave heroes!” Kingston, Skittleskull, Brienne and Dark Derric turned to look in awe as a young brunette made her way into the clearing. It was Aife!

But jaws dropped not just at Aife’s grace and beauty, but at the sight of the assemblage that followed her. Noble Richard, with gleaming hammer. Brave Elena, the most renowned Captain of the Guards of the Stronghold ever. Wise Vivica and her pet dragon. And more, rows upon rows of t he most valiant heroes of the land.

“I saw that fiery fiend flying down and setting fire to everything, so I went for help!” Aife explained.

Skittleskull cackled. “Oh, my son is going to get it now!” She pointed in Gravemaker’s direction. “Off we go, for a hide-tanning like no other!”

Brienne chuckled as she nudged Dark Derric in the ribs. The youth scowled as he rubbed his side.

“I’m still a hero as good as any…” he mumbled.

12 Likes

“So you’re the Fight to Play oik they call DANK Derric?” “It’s DARK Derric actually”, mumbled Derric in reply to Elena, the Royal Captain, completely overwhelmed by the presence of the lithe, flame haired soldier.
Just then the Seadragon crashed out of the undergrowth and collapsed to the ground, sliding from it’s back, Misandra cried “Weapons ready, all of you, the Gravemaker approaches and he has raised an army of the Fire Orcs, they will be upon us in moments!” She drew her cutlass WHEN SUDDENLY…

6 Likes

Meanwhile, far far East, in the forgotten isles of Hinomoto, A geisha wearing a red kimono holding an umbrella lightly bowed towards her general. The two of them closely watched all of the events unfolding in the forest of Rathwood.
「影ブラド将軍、われらはどうされてでござんすか?」("Kageburado Shogun, what should we do now?)
「今はわれらのチャンスだ。アトランティスを侵入するぞ!」(“Now’s our chance; invade Atlantis!”)

In the ancient bamboo forest of the middle kingdom, a disciple and a master were also carefully monitoring the events of Rathwood;
“师傅,我什么时候才能像您一样成为4星级功夫熊猫?” (“Mentor, when will I be able to become a 4 star kongfu-panda like you?”) asked the 3-star panda.
“年轻人,你太心急了。要慢,一定要慢。只有慢你才能达到我的境界。” (“Young one, you are far too impatient. Slow, you have to be slow. Only when you’ve become slow, can you reach my level.”) the master explained.
The master and disciple continued looking at the crystal ball playing out the events in the forest of Rathwood, when their jaws suddenly dropped and their eyes popped out

BECAUSE SUDDENLY…

11 Likes

A raspy chanting sounds through the forest. The heroes stare in shock as Grazul leads Gravemaker by the ear.

9 Likes

‘Tis the barbarian druid!’ gasp the astonished throng.

‘He is not the barbarian druid.’ replies Grazul, ‘He is a very naughty boy!’

The abashed Gravemaker, looking very sheepish, squirms under the twisting grip of Grazul as suddenly…

5 Likes

The Dark Lord appears. “What is all this fun you be trying to have without me?” he asked in a melodious, and dark voice. “I like fun.” he cackles.

4 Likes

The next moment, everyone suddenly realizes they’ve completely lost control of their own bodies and actions, almost as if they were back in tutorial mode where they are not allowed to pick what buildings to build, what heroes to level, what stages to play, which combos to make…

7 Likes

‘Argggh!’ exclaims the Dark Lord, 'Tutorial mode! No-one expects Tutorial Mode!, dropping the book which he has always had clutched to his side, as he does so.
As it hits the floor the book…

5 Likes

was snatched by Aeron, who was shouting “My book!!!”; clearly he is desperate to improve his usefulness when even the 4-star costumed rigard is way better than him as a healer, but then…

4 Likes

Grazul starts laughing. “You’ll do better if you ditch the book Aeron!” she says. Gravemaker starts muttering when…

3 Likes

Muggy appears and tackles Grazul, distracting her

2 Likes

How’s that for some chameleon karma!" Cried Elena, punching the air. “Now prepare for my Wall of Swords!” - Elena began channelling her mana… slowly drawing her two glistening blades… sliding them… gracefully…but oh so slowly “Chop, chop!” butted in Richard
“Dank Deric’s time to shine!..wait, no Dark, I meant dark”
“Forget this” muttered Aife and in one swift hacking attack she beheaded Grazul AND Aeron, WHEN SUDDENLY…

6 Likes