WHEN SUDDENLY...! Add the Next Line - A story written by Our Community 📖

Hu Tao pulled out his notebook. “I have lost track of the plot.”

Proteus nodded, sniffling into his worn hanky. “Why won’t anyone put me in a bikini?”

@Rook mrowred. “I am not opposed to that.”

“Good God, I am!” @Photon threw flags at the ex-kitty-mod. “Who wants to see that?”

“Why is Boldtusk, a healer, beating poor Gobbler?” asked @nevarmaor.

“Doesn’t he know, he can’t revive in that costume?” muttered @sft1965.

“Listen up!” @sleepyhead clapped his hands. “My relatives are coming for a visit. They obviously can’t stay with me.”

The harem erupted in chaos. “No room! We already take turns!”

“Can anyone help?” @sleepyhead looked around.

“Are they nice?” @SamMe asked.

Total silence.

“Fine!” sniffed @sleepyhead, dropping a heavy bag of gems. “Take that AND any HOTM from my roster. Any takers?”

7 Likes

“They CAN be nice,” added Sleepyhead. “But only if you’re heteronormative and heterosexual. and the chances of them being nice are better if you’re East Asian. But only Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese, or Singaporean or Hong Kong Chinese. And you have to let them sleep in your bedroom. And you must have…”

As Sleepyhead continued with his litany of his relative’s demands, everyone began to doubt whether his offer was worth it. @akionna thought back to her own travails cleaning the house for her own family visits.

@nevarmaor began comparing his roster. Did he really want sleepy’s Seshat or Malosi that much?

Proteus fantasised about drowning sleepy’s relatives and pocketing the gems. After all the offer was only to let them stay somewhere…

6 Likes

@nevarmaor looked up from his roster. “Umm, do you have Seshat’s costume by any chance?”

5 Likes

Sleepyhead made a face. “I haven’t gotten a single 5* from ToL, much less a costume…” Beside him, Seshat brandished an arrow threateningly.

“And I’ll never give Seshat up, despite what I said about taking any 5* from my roster…”

6 Likes

@Tea Walks into the story… looks around… wants to play but can see where to fit in… scrolls around and tries to figure things out…

looks like winnie the pooh with her paw to her head… “think think think”

• nibbles bamboo softly as she sniffs the air* …

(((( she hears someone in the distance cry )))) ^^^^

wiping the drool from her mouth and dribbles from her fur she stand up quickly to rescue @sleepyhead

When out from the bushes jumped a …

8 Likes

“… a male panda!”

It was Hu Tao!

“You… you are quite gorgeous,” Hu Tao blushed.

Tea’s jaw dropped, and…

6 Likes

… being the consummate host she whipped out her blender.

“Can I offer you a smoothie?”

Hu Tao blinked in surprise, then slowly fainted.

“What did you do? What did you do?” Proteus complained loudly, rushing to his friend’s aid and ineffectually wafting his hanky over Hu Tao’s contorted face. Then, looking down suspiciously, he realized that Hu Tao was … was … grinning ear to ear!

“All I did was offer him a beverage. I use green tea for the base.”

And welcome to the nuthouse @Pandita :rofl:

8 Likes

Gan Ju jumped out of the bushes. “Is there a panda available here? Hi Baby!”
Bai Yeong appeared. “No, she belongs to me!”
@Pandita 's expression was a mixture of amazement and amusement.
While the two newcomers faced each other grimly, Hu Tao removed the hanky, looking sad.
But then cTibs appeared and started playing his guitar and Hu Tao sang a perfect interpretation of Aerosmith’s Crazy.
In the end everything was quiet when suddenly …

7 Likes

Sleepyhead burst out. “I always thought Bai Yeong was female?”

Before anyone could react, Sha Ji shoved Sleepyhead aside. “Don’t forget me just because I’m a 2*!”

It was a 5-panda frenzy! Hu Tao, Bai Yeong, Gan Ju, Sha Ji began bickering while @Pandita stood in the middle, perplexed.

8 Likes

Shy as she is tea giggles with joy ohh I thought we were endangered! But look there’s 1 2 3 4…… wait …

Suddenly she starts frantically looking for another female panda!!!

starts nervously cooking to distract the bears

She hopes she cooked enough food and that nobody else smells it …. And shows up !

8 Likes

SamMe invited herself to @Pandita’s kitchen. “That smells delicious! It looks like you’re cooking more than one dish?” SamMe asked, looking at all the pots and pans Tea was using to cook.

7 Likes

While Proteus was desperately looking for his hanky, Pike suddenly stood next to @sleepyhead and looked very thoughtful.
“Wasn’t there a mission or something? And now we’re playing with teddy bears… And where does all this kitchen equipment suddenly come from? Oh, wait, what smells so good here? Are those fried bamboo shoots!?”
Pike left sleepyhead and floated to @Pandita when suddenly…

7 Likes

… a gigantic teddy bear careened towards the group!

8 Likes

“Oh dear, they have sent poor Gan Ju to the taxidermist” exclaims @sft1965

And then responding to @Pike. “Well we were in Helsinki with the FTP rebellion. @Sleepyhead lead a strike powered by the super duper rocket launcher on the two towers which appeared to succeed. The devs found it hilarious and invoked code that rebuilt them in moments. Then, @SamMe transported us all to Budapest for @PlayForFun cake day (weeks) international buffet. Gluttonous behaviour ensued. @Pandita was disappointed by the lack of Bamboo and started cooking, enticing @SamMe away, introducing her to a Vegan world…”

@akionna asks, "who is this “they?”

@sft1965 responds. “don’t ask, don’t tell. ‘They’ are stalking me”.

@nevarmaor shouts and stamps his foot ineffectually “when are we going to get to Disneyland?” and. “where is Mila, that wonderful light of my life?”

@Photon seems oddly silent.

@sleepyhead exclaims “this not @Photon, he has been kidnapped and replaced with a cardboard avatar!!!”

Toxicandra wails.

Proteus is still searching for his hanky. “maybe someone will get me a new one for Christmas?”

Hu Tao still looking vaguely mauve after the colour incident, takes notes.

@Rook is just sitting under a more superior chair than last time and says nothing but thinks, “at least they are all clothed, apart from poor Gan Ju” and remains silent…

8 Likes

Not that city, but it is often mistaken by people. :slight_smile: It is Budapest :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’ll get something right one day. :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

4 Likes

No problem :slight_smile:

Nice story anyway :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@sft1965 looked around bewildered. “Budapest?”

“Did you know it was originally two cities? Buda and Pest?” @Pandita intoned sagely as she added spices to her cooking. “I believe they were on opposite sides of the river, probably launching stones at each other.”

“Hey!” interjected @nevarmaor. “Maybe that was the inspiration for E&P!”

@sft1965 furiously furrowed his brow. “Why would anyone call their city ‘Pest’?”

“Well, why would anyone name their city after a sausage?”

8 Likes

Actually there was a 3rd city too (Óbuda) which were combined into Budapest what we have today.

8 Likes

“Now that we’re here, let’s cross that beautiful bridge!” @sft1965 clapped.

The group moved to the bridge, chatting eagerly. “I’m gonna get drunk on the Tokaj region wines!” Sleepyhead grinned.

But when they got to the bridge, they saw a sign…

“75 games for 5 minutes of crossing! If you don’t cross within 5 minutes, pay 75 more gems to continue!”

10 Likes