WHEN SUDDENLY...! Add the Next Line - A story written by Our Community 📖

Alberich looked up at the many stalactites ready to pierce his skull. Shuddering, he carefully navigated the cave until he found an unexpected door. What was this place?

“Order up!”

Then he saw the best thing ever. Mother North serving her Super Porridge … and Heimdall tending bar.

5 Likes

And bloody Gramps, “the old fraud” thinks Alberich lovingly. “A 33% chance to revive a fallen comrade with 27% health? Nah, he is losing it. 20%/13% if he’s lucky”

Alberich decides to sneak out before the old man realises he is there but suddenly…

“Thwack”, a piece of cold porridge (with the consistency not unlike concrete) hits Alberich behind the ear.

“Stop” shouts Mother North (MN). “Take this old reprobate with you”.

Alberich’s head spins; “MN has weaponised oatmeal?” he thinks to himself.

You mean “Gramps over there; sorry I mean “that old man”?”

“Who else is here you idiot?” retorts MN. He hasn’t left since lockdown started and when we ask him about his tab, he just says “someone will be here directly!” “Well it looks like it’s you buddy!”.

Alberich (childhood memories of MN shattered) responds; “I think you may have me mistaken for someone else? I was just here looking for some friends of some genuine heroes that kind of, er, need to find their special helpful friends too?? (@Photon and @nevarmaor are inconsolable)!!! We are just getting together for a revival.”

MN says; “Reunion?”

“Yes, that too.”

“Just fyi, I don’t know Gramps at a… I mean I have never seen that old man before!!! True story!”

“Okay? Thanks, bye” and bolts out the door…

MN is so angry she ends up having to revive herself? “But I have my ‘horny’ Heimdal to get me properly sorted…” and smiles to herself…

EDIT: endless errors

4 Likes

As Alberich ran out…“Don’t you think we could have heard what he wanted to say?” Heimdall asked. “We hardly get any visitors, much less heroes like him.” “I know a way.” Gramps said, and had MN and Heimdall follow him.

4 Likes

“You see”, Gramps continues, simply killing a hero is child’s play, well for you youngsters, it’s fun, but they leave a residue that I can work with successfully!!! (about 33% of the time? The old fraud).

Look, I can see the remains, I can revive them! Just watch!!!

Blam. Dawa appears.

“Oh crap, I’ll tweak the algorithm”

3 Likes

Mother North shook her spoon at Dawa. “You’re ruining our luck! We will need it to revive everyone!”

Gramps muttered. “Young whippersnappers, relying on luck, why in MY day we dug every inch of every cave just to find diamonds…”

Mother North blushed - not in annoyance or anger, but in joy. “You’re calling ME young?”

Dawa held her hands up. “I’m actually USING UP the bad luck, so you have good luck left!”

“And we’ll help with the luck!” Every turned to see… Costumed Little John (the one who had spoken!) Margaret! Inari! Costumed Kadilen!

“We’re the Artful Dodgers!” Inari exclaimed.

“We’ll protect you while you’re doing your resurrection spell…” Kadilen-C added.

“After all, we don’t expect Thanos to stand still while we undo his snapping…” Margaret finished.

“I’ll help too!” said Dawa. Heimdall snorted, and everyone laughed.

“Hey! I have my costume now!” Dawa stomped her foot in anger. The she spun around and appeared in her costume!

“Marginally better…” Heimdall noted.

Alby, Gramps, Mama North and Heimdall all looked at each other. “Let’s do it then. But first, let’s send a message to Proteus, Hu Tao and Toxicandra… They need to do THEIR part to distract Thanos while we prepare…”"

4 Likes

Little did they know, Ratatoskr was hearing the conversation. “I can get the message to them.” Ratatoskr said. “He can do it.” Heimdall said, and told the squirrel the plan. “Watch out. If Thanos gets wind, he could come here.” Alberich said. “Will do.” Ratatoskr said and disappeared.

Back to Thanos, Toxicandra, Proteus, and Hu Tao…“Hey, don’t forget about me.” Dawa said breaking the fourth wall.

5 Likes

Bricks and pieces of drywall fell everywhere. The fourth wall had been fairly sturdily built.

Shocked, Proteus and Hu Tao peered through the rising dust cloud at a very bizarre sight.

“Umm, is that fellow, um, unclothed, sitting behind his computer in the dim light?” Proteus asked nervously as he wiped his brow with his handkerchief.

“What fellow?” asked Hu Tao. “I see a young woman sitting on a bus staring intently at something in her hand.”

Thanos stirred and turned slowly. “What is this? What commotion now demands my attention?”

6 Likes

“I must fix this!” Thanos said.

“Noo!” And before Thanos could act, a giant blue whale fell on him!

“DO NOT IMPROVE THE SUMMONING ODDS!” The whale kept shrieking as it slammed Thanos into the ground repeatedly!

Suddenly, our other plotline connects with this one… as Dawa burst through part of the fourth wall!

Drywall and plaster flew everywhere. Dawa held her head. “Owww… this never gets easier…” Toxicandra ran to heal her.

Proteus quivered. “Did Dawa… actually DESTROY something?”

Hu Tao sipped his smoothie.

Margaret, Inari and C-Kadilen ran through and used their specials!

“Hah, you can’t hit… us… oh…” Inari said. “Um, I don’t think Thanos is going to be fighting any time soon…”

Gramps, Mama North, Heimdall and Alby slowly followed.

“We’re going to resurrect everyone!” Alby announced.

“As soon as we charge…” Heimdall added.

“Well, hurry up!” Toxicandra snapped. “I want my @Photon back!”

“And my @nevarmaor !” Sharan added, appearing out of nowhere.

“You young whippersnappers, always so impatient!” Gramps ranted.

“Tell me about it…” Hu Tao took a looooong swig of his smoothie.

“Hurry, he’s climbing out from under the whale!” C-Kadilen called.

“Oh for!” Proteus snapped. He shot his special at Thanos, stalling him. “Keep the dodge up, Inari, Margaret, Kadi!”

Then he turned to Toxicandra. “Help increase their mana!”

Gramps thumped Toxicandra on the hand. “I’m already doing that! Don’t you dare replace me!”

“Nooo!!” Thanos shrieked. He snapped his fingers. “Why is the whale not disappearing?!”

“My mana block, duh!” Proteus grinned. “Faster, resurrectors!!”

Thanos shoved the whale off him, and began running. “Now I’ll get you…”

“Not so… fast!” Hu Tao blinded Thanos, making him trip and fall.

“You’ve been waiting forever to say that, haven’t you?” Margaret smirked.

“You stalled him long enough!” Mama North announced. She, Gramps, Alby and Heimdall were glowing.

“Now we…”

3 Likes

Now, We bring back all the heroes and players that have fallen." They immediately start with the healing heroes. “Why the healers?” Toxicandra asked. "You see, they can resurrect fallen heroes, and because they are the only ones able to resurrect heroes, they can only bring back 4 at a time, one for each, but they won’t be at full health. They’re bringing them back first so those healers can heal those brought back by them.

Hel was among the first one back. Hel was quickly healed. “Hel, go help Proteus stall Thanos. We need more time.” Rigard said while healing up. Hel went off to help hold off Thanos.

4 Likes

But Thanos was no Thoth-Amun. Despite the vague similarity in name and looks Thanos was proving to be MUCH harder to keep down.

Hel fired her special. But Thanos dodged and the whale was hit instead. Lacking mana regeneration, it was soon flopping helplessly in the sand like a beached – well, umm, … whale.

Thanos stood up, tall and proud, and pointed at the assembled heroes before him.

“You cannot stop destiny!” he roared.

Just then, a sudden purple blur whipped past Thanos’s outstretched arm and coalesced off to the side, clutching the Infinity Gauntlet in his greedy hands.

“Mine” cried Fletcher gleefully, and turned to speed off into the distance.

5 Likes

“I am inevitable.” Thanos said. And tried to go after Fletcher. All the heroes got in front of Thanos. “Sorry, but if you want that gauntlet, you gotta go through us.” Hel said.

“I may not have the stones now, but when i get them, you all are first.” Thanos said. While the battle was going on…“What’s taking so long to bring Photon and @nevarmaor back?” Toxicandra asked. “Because they are owners, they take longer to ressurect.” Odin said. “Just hurry.” Toxicandra said back. “I’ll give you a hand.” a voice said.

Lord Loki appeared and used his special to copy Mother North’s special. “Wait, when can Loki resurrect heroes?” Toxicandra asked. “Loki always had that ability. With a 5th hero, beinging back those two will be a bit more easier, but still hard to bring back.” Odin said.

Thanos, while battling, saw them. “Still hoping to win? I don’t think so.” Thanos said and made his way over.

6 Likes

Dawa chuckles quietly… “Thanos has no stones!!!” (Oh dear, I think I just tinkled a little). “Odin help me she thinks!!!”
:rofl:

4 Likes

Lord Loki looked at the looming leviathan lurching like Lazurus leaning lightly and levelling a langorous leer.

“Dawa, quick, don your costume. I have a plan.”

Sif shook her head, palm to forehead. “What is that crazy brither-in-law of mine up to now?”

“Sif?” Loki exclaimed delightedly. “Perfect!” Stand here and charge up."

Dawa donned her costume and Lord Loki “borrowed” her random hits special. “Let that lugubrious lackadaisical laughingstock launch his lacklustre ludicrous blitz. Unleash the lupines of litigation!”

6 Likes

@Rook appears from under her couch armed with not frying pans but a remarkably heavy Thesaurus that smacks @nevarmaor stone cold…

Meanwhile Dawa is having some kind of wardrobe malfunction rendering her momentarily useless but for…

5 Likes

“Here, let me help you with that” uttered Justin Timberlake, stepping out of the shadows.

Dawa recoiled in horror as @Rook readied her squadron of frying pans …

5 Likes

:laughing:

5 Likes

But Justin Timberlake has nothing but the best of intentions. “Firstly, I think we should observe strict social distancing just because…”

Dawa cries a little inside, “Oh Justin…” “Now I know how Prisca must feel too, hankering after Kenjiro all this time…”

@Rook squadron of frying pans falls impotently to the ground

Justin continues. “That costume looks a bit odd. Those shoulder pads make you look like a quarterback and are those shin guards on your arms?”

Dawas eyes start to water and then she starts quietly sniffling and finally weeping. “All I wanted was a new costume and for people to take me seriously and YOU, you don’t even belong in this realm!!”

“All of you boys are so mean! Like seriously, ‘I’d like to have you over for breakfast Dawa’? And that creepy grin? (secretly; although Justin, you have been a gentleman albeit a touch insensitive)”

“Stop” shouts Mother North North and Toxicandra simultaneously. “Can’t you see she has had enough to no one in particular (Justin Timberlake IS quite handsome, however, they both secretly think)”.

@Photon can’t help but noticing his Toxicandras eyes straying. He feels a little stab of jealousy in his heart.

“Maybe you could do with a pickmeup” continues Toxicandra (where is that Panda?). “Well, no smoothie for you, but maybe you’d like a moderate amount of mana instead? It’s invigorating…”

4 Likes

The mana charges Dawa… and she leaps forward at Justin Timberlake!

Dawa shoves Justin into Thanos, who falls backward at the giant whale…

3 Likes

“Oh, NOOooo,” the crowd cries, wincing.

2 Likes

… Thanos fell on the whale’s blowhole!

The whale gasped, and began to thrash… and blew water out of the blowhole, sending Thanos flying…

… and Thanos fell on Fletcher! Splat!

3 Likes