WHEN SUDDENLY...! Add the Next Line - A story written by Our Community 📖

All the women paled. Actually, C-Marjana turned a sickly green. While Seshat, who was already very pale, turned bright red.

Creepy Uncle Vodnik was oblivious. Instead, he began inspecting the women in front of him.

He licked his lips. “You!” he pointed at…

5 Likes

He pointed at Seshat. “I love a woman with your beauty.” Vodnik said. “You shall be my wife.” “Whoa. Whoa. I never agreed to this.” Seshat said.

“Relax.” Vodnik said. “I haven’t made up my mind yet.” He then walks to sonya and says…

4 Likes

Blondie? Let me help you get that armour off and pop on that costume… Uncle Vodnik likes…

5 Likes

“What … why … oh!” Sonya sputtered and drew her sword.

“I wouldn’t …” Vodnik smirked.

Sonya cast her special, expecting him to fall. Instead–

Her sword shattered into pieces.

“My baby!” Sonya gasped.

“Let me try!” Seshat released three arrows.

They bounced off, morphing into harmless foam toys.

“I still love you Seshat!” @sleepyhead hollered from the rabbit hole.

“I forgot you were down there!” @nevarmaor dropped some rope. “Hurry up!”

@sleepyhead popped up, coughing. “It was boring and dark down there.”

“Not up here.” Hu Tao sipped a kale power smoothie.

“It’s dangerous!” Proteus quivered behind his hanky.

“Welcome back.” @sft1965 grinned. “Just in time.”

“For what?” asked @Photon.

They all turned to see …

5 Likes

To see a huge forest behind them. “Where did this forest come from?” Photon asked. “Not sure.” @akionna said and the group, with their heroes began to walk in the forest.

“Legend has it that a powerful force is in this forest.” @sleepyhead said. “What kind of force?” @sft1965 asked. “Only those who have a plant based hero can guide their way through this forest. However, those who don’t have one, rumor is that thise souls travel here for an eternity.” @sleepyhead said. “Let’s see if this works.” Photon said and pulled out a hero card. “Come on out.” Photon said and summoned forth Toxicandra.

Toxicandra stretched out. “Feels good to be out.” She said. “Where did you find this chick?” @nevarmaor asked. “I found her a while back and we been togther since.” Photon replied. “Together…you mean that she’s your girlfriend?” @akionna asked, getting Photon to laugh. “Well, i never heard that before but she likes being out and about.” Then a ominous wind started blowing, then a figure came out in front of everyone. “Who dare enters these sacred grounds?” The figure asked. “We do.” Photon replied. “If you don’t leave, then i, Horghall, will make you leave.” Toxicandra sees Horghall. “My, oh my, time for me to have some fun. Let’s see if he can keep up.” Toxicandra said. And then the battle began…

4 Likes

And Belith appears; walking… “UUH why are you all here? Keep out of my forrest!!!” “Seriously, anything could happen” “Resets are not cool usually”
But then she utters “I feel a disturbance in the force” she says blankly…“Like a million whales just died…”

4 Likes

The forest began to growl. “Horghall…” Photon said. “It wasn’t me.” Horghall said. He then looked back. “Oh no.” “What?” @akionna asked. “She’s coming.” Horghall answered. "The force of the forest herself. “Of course.” @sleepyhead said. “The force of the forest. Telluria.”

“But…” Belith said. “She’s been in a destructive mood lately. And i don’t know why.” “I may know.” @sft1965 said. “It’s because she had been…”

4 Likes

Nerfed of all things and while weaker she still has some power left. It’s given her a victim attitude imo @sft1965 responds…

5 Likes

Just then, a million Totoro minions bounced out of the trees, landing on everyone.

“My abs!” @sleepyhead yelped, peeling baby Totoros off his torso.

“My hair!” @nevarmaor grunted, surprised that tiny minions covered his head like a hat.

“My smoothie!” gasped Hu Tao, the drink sailing high into the sky–

“Where did it go?” asked @Photon.

“Oh no!” @sft1965 grimaced.

“Oh yes!” Toxicandra clapped her hands.

The smoothie tumbled in the air, its contents spilling out, raining all over …

5 Likes

… creepy Uncle Vodnik!

Everyone gasped.

Because creepy Uncle Vodnik didn’t react normally (i.e. shrieking in disgust) or in the Hu Tao way (murderously threatening everyone around with a rocket launcher).

Instead, Creepy Uncle Vodnik was…

5 Likes

@Dr-Zoidberg!

“Wait, he was never creepy before. I’m confused.” said Sonya.

“You rang?” echoed in from the left.

Everyone turned to see …

@Dr-Zoidberg!

“Ok, now even I’M confused.” said @nevarmaor in confusion.

“What is that ugly gelatinous gyrating thing over there?” asked @Dr-Zoidberg, pointing at what was previously Uncle ‘Groucho’ Vodnik.

“We thought it was you” replied @sleepyhead.

“WELL, I have never been so insulted! Woo Woo Woo.”

And @Dr-Zoidberg began twirling madly as he clapped his fingers together.

6 Likes

… and then the strangest thing happened, as both @Dr-Zoidberg and Creepy Uncle Vodnik began to glow…

the light blinded everyone!

and when it faded,

Creepy Uncle Vodnik was looking like himself again…

… “What in heaven’s name?!”

… but Creepy Uncle Vodnik spoke with Dr. Zoidberg’s voice!

6 Likes

“I’ll have you know two things” said Creepy Uncle Vodnik/Zoidberg “Firsrly, I have absolutely no idea where this thread is going, as I’m too lazy to read up. And secondly, that getting a body as fabtabulous as @Dr-Zoidberg in that GIF, takes not only a steely determination to overindulge on top shelf booze and food, no indeed, but to also avoid exercise to a degree that borders on pathological. Hrummph!!”.

And with that Uncle Whatever-He-Is wandered off…or not, depending on what the previous narrators had in mind. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

“This just dreadful” @sft1965 exclaims. "Why pick on Vodnik? "

Sonya pipes up, “he was so sweet”

Hawkmoon concurs still feeling a little bitter by being unceremoniously dumped by @TGW who has gone AWOL!!! But Vodnik is undeniably attractive she reflects ‘but why won’t the others give him antidotes for that eye allergy that makes them so red??’ “He really is adorable so why does Domitia always give him the stink eye that she learned from that common village girl Aiffe?”

However, @sft1965 is Furious. “Uncalled for, inappropriate moderator merging” “Oh and you messed it up too”

Sonya shouts, “give us Vodnik back you monsters”…

4 Likes

Some time had passed since Vodnik disappeared. Hawkmoon sat on a log. “Vodnik didn’t have to leave. I wanted to see what being a pirate was like.” She said in a sad voice.

Sonya sae Hawkmoon and sat with her. Photon then grabbed his bag and began to walk off. “Where are you going?” @akionna asked. “Corellia. If anything, Vodnik may be there. After all, that’s his home.” Photon answered. Hawkmoon thought about it. “Photon, take me with you.” Hawkmoon said. “Me too.” Sonya piped up as well. The girls went with Photon to go find Vodnik.

“Why? Why go after a useless hero?” Domitia asked. “He probably thinks that not every hero is a useless hero. Vodnik may not be one of the best, but, give him the right team, and he can do work.” @sleepyhead said to Dom. “There’s more to a hero than just looks alone.” @sleepyhead added.

As the crew went the opposite direction of Photon, Hawkmoon, and Sonya, a stone pillar appeared in front of them. “What’s going on?” @akionna asked. “I think the Ancient of Stone herself seems to have a screw loose.” Then, Justice, the Ancient of Stone appeared. Domitia smirked. “This chick is mine.” Domitia said. And draws her bow.

3 Likes

“No, wait!” yelled @nevarmaor. “She looks a bit like that Liberty statue thing. Besides, she’s my tank.”

But it was too late. Domitia fired.

The arrow flew true, and hit Justice just left of centre where her heart would be. But it ricocheted straight up and pinged off one of her massive spikes, causing her head to sway.

“The Scales of Justice have been tipped” Justice intoned solemnly.

Scales? @akionna thought wryly, but very quietly, to herself. That IS an awfully big sword after all.

Justice continued intoning. “I pronounce …”

3 Likes

" … you GUILTY."

“Of what?” Domitia shrugged. “Having fabulous abs?”

“She does look good–” @nevarmaor stopped, blinking slowly.

“You checking her out dear?” Mila leaned in close.

“She’s just his tank,” @sleepyhead offered.

“Did her arrows bounce off?” Proteus squinted at Domitia.

“She might have borrowed some from Seshat.” Hu Tao frowned at his empty glass. “I need a refill.”

“Here you go.” @sft1965 dug into his pocket for the emergency banana smoothie.

He offered it to Hu Tao just as Justice cast her special. Everyone went blind, but not before they saw the smoothie fall.

4 Likes

Smash!

“Not again” wailed Hu Tao.

“Wasn’t me!” cried out @nevarmaor.

“Hey, hands off!” yelled Domitia.

“Uh oh, I can’t see where that sword is now” thought @akionna wildly.

“Why so dreary-ous?” asked a voice from the dark.

Slowly, a large disconnected grin appeared. It glowed unnaturally as it hovered near the apprehensive group. It was all they could discern, and it drew them in hypnotisingly.

4 Likes

The Chesire Cat purred. “Ah, my little mice, come to me…”

But the Cat hissed as a familiar gray figure ran out.

“Ruh Roh Roo Ron’t!” Graymane howled!

4 Likes

Cheshire laughed hilariously. Then he pulled an object from his pocket and whistled loudly.

“Here, mangy do, have a snack.” He flicked the object through the air towards Graymane, who somersaulted wildly as he caught it.

“Rooby Roo!” He fell in line behind the rest of the heroes. “Raggy, rarother rooby rack?”

Up ahead, from the shadows, stepped a tall figure in a trenchcoat and fedora.

Cheshire looked confusedly at the figure. “Richard? Did you get another costume?”

“That’s ■■■■ to you, Private ■■■■. Now, my client has misplaced an object and I am hunting for it. My faithful canine companion was on its scent when he charged in here. So, what is going on?”

“That’s what I want to know.” whispered @nevarmaor to @sleepyhead. “I still can’t see a thing beyond that mesmerizing grin.”

4 Likes