WHEN SUDDENLY...! Add the Next Line - A story written by Our Community 📖

But then Jynx jumped in and blasted Dragonite out of the sky with Blizzard. As Dragonite struggled to his feet, the Copyright Lawyer started muttering under his breath. With a wave of his hand, the Pokemon disappeared and Ursena was left alone against Isarnia. The pair…

3 Likes

… stared as the Baby Water Dragon and the Emperor Dragon materialized in front of them.

“Here are you dragons.” The Copyright Lawyer sighed. “They are called Titans.”

Both Isarnia and Ursena knew even they didn’t have the Health Points to withstand all the titan hits.

“Do we fight each other–and hope the titans don’t get us?” Ursena asked. “Or do we fight them together?”

“I’d rather beat you down now.” Isarnia shrugged. “But I can wait 90 seconds.”

3 Likes

The baby Water Dragon started crying as Isarnia started to attack. The Emperor Dragon looked at the baby and let out a roar that shook the room. “Why can’t you heroes leave us alone!? We just want to finish our vacation!” the Emperor Dragon yelled. She turned and started to soothe the baby Dragon as Isarnia and Ursena stared. With a parting scowl, the Emperor Dragon picked up the baby Water Dragon and…

2 Likes

… flew away.

“Ok then.” The Copyright Lawyer sighed. “Let’s just do this.”

He waved his hands and transported Isarnia and Ursena to Province 24 and 25. They were right next to each other after all.

While OP Aife and OP Derric waited for Isarnia and Ursena to strike, someone else attacked. It was …

3 Likes

Fear. It smelt like a dungeon of death, it pervaded every living thing, striking Fear into the hearts of all. Dark was it’s color, and Death was it’s special. Ruin and Destruction it wrought within the hearts and minds of others. None could stand against the tide of it’s absolute malice. A ton of dead carrion could not stand up against the stench.

3 Likes

Sabina snickered. “Did Boomer, you know, go BOOM again?”

Cyprian clutched his chest. “Or maybe Mok-Arr let the tide run out?”

Quintus’ spectacles fogged up as he guffawed. “Or maybe Sargasso went cursing again…”

Sartana sighed. She tapped her pike, getting the attention of her fellow vanilla Purples. "Look, I’m as annoyed at power creep as you all are, but we have to take this seriously. It’s the super secret Legendary hero with the crazy tiny chance of being summoned in the upcoming Tavern of Legends quest that’s being tested in beta…

All the S1 Vanillas gasped. “No, we’re going to become even LESS relevant,” sobbed Kadilen.

All the FTP Rebels gasped too. “Another hero we won’t get,” shrugged sleepyhead.

Everyone turned to see the Super Secret, Super Rare New Legendary approach…

2 Likes

He was cloaked in black. Even @Saphirra could not make out the hero card. “It says … absorbs status ailments?”

“What does that mean?” asked @sleepyhead. “Can we just ask him?”

The FTP rebels waited impatiently, unclear why it took so long for the Super Secret Hero to arrive. He was rumored to be Very Fast.

He walked by, ignoring everyone, saying only one thing:

“ACCESS DENIED.”

2 Likes

He strode up to the boundary between the two provinces – the no man’s land as it were. Turning, he faced the two combative cherubs with their charmingly chiseled features.

“Go ahead” he said, point a finger at each in turn. “Make my day.”

The two armed amazons stared in amazement at this achromatic apparition. Then, shrugging, they turned to each other.

“You know,” said Isarnia, “if we don’t attack him he can’t absorb anything.”

Then …

2 Likes

The skies darkened as Isarnia strode forward, her regal gown shimmering in the gentle crystals of ice which began descending from the skies. Her guileless gaze shifted to a somber determination etched across her face, she knew that the forces need the courage only an ice monarch could provide.

She raised her arms, the glacial torrents of ice whirling ever quickly around her, before a stillness scattered over the battlefield. In a moment, the frozen tranquility dissipated and a deadly flurry of frozen shards riddled the 0.01% enemy in wounds.

His defense was down…

…and blood trickled down from his wounds

2 Likes

“Too much …” The Copyright Lawyer snapped his fingers, smiling slowly. “They need leadership.”

A new hero materialized by the FTP rebels, but they hadn’t noticed yet. They were too busy munching on popcorn.

“Is that …” The intern’s voice trailed off. “He’s definitely a copyright issue.”

“It’s temporary.” The lawyer shrugged. “Plus Chris Evans won’t be reprising the role anyway. He was bored at home, watching TV all day.”

“What about …” The intern pointed to the Super Secret Hero. He was already healing himself … shattering defenses on both the Ice Witch and the Sea Witch … reflecting yellow (a useless skill at the moment) … and applying damage that seemed to stack repeatedly.

“Let’s send him back to beta.” The lawyer snapped his fingers, watching the scene reset itself to:

• “OMG! Is that vibranium shield real?” gasped @nevarmaor.
  • “Who ate all the popcorn?” asked @sleepyhead.
  • “Where did the Super Secret Hero go?” wondered both Isarnia and Ursena.
2 Likes

“Wait, that’s not Chris Evans…” Sleepyhead observed. “That’s, like, the real Captain America from the comic books… he’s even MORE chiseled than Chris,” he said, twinkling.

@akionna tapped him on the shoulder. “Don’t you have a new boyfriend?”

“I’m only looking,” Sleepyhead said cheekily. Then he, Scarlett, Domitia and Balthazar put their heads together and giggled. Domitia tried to discreetly take a photo of Cap, and the four giggled some more.

Suddenly, the Copyright Manager showed up! “You ninny,” he scolded Copyright Lawyer. “Captain America’s rights are still owned…” Then he snapped his fingers and Cap disappeared. The gawking foursome frowned in disappointment.

But suddenly, Derric 2.0 and Super-Aife showed up! “It’s time for you to die,” Derric 2.0 said.

“That’s a bit much, no?” Super-Aife whispered.

Derric 2.0 shrugged. “Die starts with D, like my name…”

Isarnia and Userna looked at each other. “We should…”

2 Likes

“Attempt to get our heads unstuck“ for it has seemed that Fletcher feeling ignored and still wondering what “Chartreuse” was, he had guessed it was a NEW degrading name for him!!

Fletcher laughed and said “3 heads are better than 1, but …

4 Likes

“… I hydra-DARE you to come against me!”

@TGW said as he awoke from his trance.

“Why are you all calling me Fletcher? And what in everliving hell is a charteuse???”

5 Likes

“I think it’s a French cheese” said Ursula and “I will cut you down just like your fancy French cheese!!!” She roared!!
While this was going on Nightstalker suddenly phased into the middle of the field “Is someone cutting the cheese?” He asked
Ursula replied…

4 Likes

“Cheese is YELLOW, and you know I hate YELLOW things!” Then she blasted NIghtstalker out.

“Now, Fletcher, will you join me against the Yellows?”

“Hey, I’m here too. And Aife and Derric are GREENS?!” Isarnia said.

Fletcher replied…

3 Likes

Fletcher and Ursena looked sidelong at Isarnia. It was uncomfortably Aife-like to her eyes.

“What exactly can YOU do against a green stack?”

“Green stack?” yelled Copyright Lawyer.

Flashback:

“Where is this green stack that I must arraign, indict, subpoena, and otherwise proescute?”

“You dare?” exclaimed Aife-3. “You cannot stand up to me!”

“Well, technically, I’m no longer green” added the Dank one.

That led to …

2 Likes

Fletcher stomping his foot in a hissy fit. “First of all, who is this Nightstalker guy?”

“And why are we throwing cheese?” @TGW hollered. “Is it because no one likes chartreuse?”

“It is a difficult color to wear.” @sleepyhead admitted. “Who are we fighting again?”

No one replied except for one person. And it wasn’t Isarnia, Ursena, Derric, or Aife. It was …

3 Likes

TGW. Again, asking, "why are we throwing cheese??? Seriously guys, cheese is food, not a weapon. Give me the damn cheese."

@TGW takes a bite of the cheese

"Mmm… that’s good cheese. Anyway… you guys want something to throw? How about you throw…

2 Likes

Cheese strings? Everyone knows there’s no real cheese content in them.

To prove his point, @TGW tried taking a bite from a cheese string, breaking two of his teeth in the process.

@sleepyhead instantly grabbed the carton and started distributing them to …

2 Likes

(I’m just waiting for the entrance of Cthulhu) :grin:

4 Likes