WHEN SUDDENLY...! Add the Next Line - A story written by Our Community 📖

@Rook smiled slowly and said–

"I will tell you everything for a price."

“I have a special recipe–” Hu Tao paused the blender.

“Everyone line up!” @Rook interrupted.

“I’m getting scared …” Proteus quivered behind a new hanky.

“You’re first!” @Rook pointed to @sleepyhead. “Which Hero of the Month will you give up?”

“Oh snap!” @nevarmaor backed away. “Hide your rosters!”

4 Likes

Sleepyhead’s jaw dropped. “But Rook, I’m FTP! You know how hard it is to get ANY 5*?”

Rock smiled evilly. “You have to give one up!”

Sleepyhead quivered. “But… but… I love them all!”

Although, he thought to himself, if he had to pick one… No way would it be Seshat, Malosi, Margaret or Inari - they are offensive staples. And before pulling Bera, Seshat was also my Purple defense queen… that leaves Aegir, who was my first 5 ever and still sees use in Buff Booster, Mythic Titan and Ninja Tower… so it would have to be poor Aeron, outclassed now by 2x Dapper Noble Rigard… and not just in battle…*

Sleepyhead swooned, thinking about his last date night with Dapper Noble Rigard. Dapper, handsome, boosting his strength… AND rich!

Rook smiled. She knew what Sleepyhead was thinking. And a frying pan hovered threateningly above him…

Poof! Aeron appeared!

“You TRAITOR!” Aeron yelled. “I was your only cleanser until 16 months in the game, when that upstart Rigard showed up!”

Sleepyhead jumped back. “Hey, hey, I just said I was NOT going to give you, or any HOTM, up!”

“But you were thinking it!” Aeron stamped his foot. “You ungrateful brat! I’m going to…”

3 Likes

“CLEANSE YOU!”

“Like a smoothie?” Hu Tao asked.

“Isn’t that a good thing?” Proteus waved his hanky.

“Not a good threat bro …” @nevarmaor sighed.

Just then, perfectly crispy lumpia fell from the sky, hitting everyone like greasy lumps of hail.

“Delicious!” @Rook nibbled on the yummy treat.

“Aeron listen–” @sleepyhead finished three lumpia without blinking. “These are fantastic!”

“I cleanse you of your healthy eating habits …” Aeron murmured. “And your daily exercise regime.”

“Stop eating!” @sft1965 shouted from far, far away.

“Oh my!” @Rook blinked at the lumpia. “These don’t affect me at all. But …”

Aeron grinned at @sleepyhead. “Look at you now.”

3 Likes

@akionna kudos for the research! oh, tasty lumpia with sweet chili sauce and/or banana ketchup… mmmm…

Sleepyhead held his stomach. “My pants… they don’t fit well! What did you do?!”

Aeron threw his back and laughed. “That’s what you get for thinking of giving me up!”

3 Likes

Let’s get this rollin again.

Once upon a time, at a base on a beach…Hu Tao is at the cafe. “Gimme another.” He said. “Hu Tao, that’s your fifth one. If you drink anymore smoothies, you’ll pass out.” Belith said. “No worries. I’m good.” Hu Tao said back to Belith.

Then, a woman dressed in green walked in. “I’ll take my usual.” The woman said, sitting down. “Who is she?” Hu Tao asked. “You don’t know who she is? That’s Toxicandra.” Lianna said, sitting next to Hu Tao. “Never heard of her.” “How have you not heard of her?” Lianna asked.

“I think Hu Tao’s been on a smoothie-spree the past few months.” Proteus said. “Though I’m suprised he hadn’t gotten a brain freeze yet.” Wilbur added. "“Is this the part where everyone starts bashing on me?” Hu Tao asked. “YUP!” Everyone except Belith and Toxicandra said in unison.

As Belith was making Toxicandra’s drink…

3 Likes

Proteus yelled, “Incoming!”

Bright stars rained from the ceiling, knocking everyone senseless.

“Oh no no no no!” wailed Belith, unable to summon a cooling mist. “I’m red!”

Toxicandra gasped, staring at her crimson fingers. “Is this color all over me?”

“Your face, your Marilyn Monroe legs …” Hu Tao snickered. “Even your belly button.”

“You’re still yellow.” @nevarmaor frowned. “Why?”

“My cleansing smoothies.” Hu Tao squinted at his friend. “What color are you?”

“Pink!” Proteus waved his hanky happily. “Do my ears look smaller?”

“But where did these stars come from?” grumbled @sleepyhead.

“Feudal Japan.” @akionna grinned. “Which was never an empire. Or a country for that matter.”

“I tried to defend you!” @sleepyhead growled. “But he was really … enthusiastic.”

“Is this necessary to the story?” @Photon asked.

“Not at all.” A voice interrupted. “But I am.”

3 Likes

LOL at the reference to the other thread @akionna :slight_smile:

Everyone turned to look at the speaker…

Marcel!

“Heya!” The headless… er, detachable headed… er, I’m struggling here… clown threw his head at the crowd!

Everybody shrieked and ran in different directions!

Except Hu Tao who just calmly and passively looked at the talking head soaring through the air.

“Wow! Finally, someone NOT unnerved by this!” Marcel’s flying head was clearly impressed.

3 Likes

@Rook purred unexpectedly. “Watch this.”

Everyone turned to see a row of cast iron pans trembling with excitement.

“Go!” @Rook slapped a delicate paw on the nearest object.

The table cracked in half.

“Duck!” @nevarmaor shouted.

Frying pans zoomed in the air, smacking Marcel’s noggin left and right.

It was like an unruly tennis match, back and forth, up and down. No net, no tennis ball. Just Marcel shrieking every time his face kissed cast iron.

Proteus gasped. “He looks bruised!”

“He’s a moron.” Hu Tao shrugged. “He should duct tape his head to his body.”

“Watch out!” yelled @sleepyhead. But it was too late.

3 Likes

“Duck!” Sleepyhead and @nevarmaor screamed in unison, as a particularly large frying pan hit Marcel’s head at the group!

But out of nowhere, a flurry of feathers swooped down from the sky.

“You called?” asked the leader of the flock of ducks that always flies over the base!

4 Likes

The leader of the flock of ducks dropped down. “You called?” The leader asked. “Oh, we didn’t mean you.” @sleepyhead said. “But, we do have the Shoot 10 Ducks challenge today.” @nevarmaor added in. “Wait…you aren’t gonna do that…are you?” The leader asked. And everyone then redeemed their points for that day.

4 Likes

… but as they were in line for getting their points, a shadow fell across them…

everyone turned to see a flock of ducks, bent on getting revenge for their leader!

3 Likes

The flock filled the sky, blocking out the sun, the clouds, the horizon …

“I keep telling everybody you HAVE to hit all eleven ducks, otherwise the last one hurries back to warn the others” @nevarmaor sighed.

4 Likes

“We’ll take care of this!”

Zimkitha, Azlar, Cheshire Cat, and Faline stepped out of the shadows!

3 Likes

“I can bog them down” exclaimed Faline.

“I can burn them up” responded Azlar.

“I can boost our attack and cure my daddy” piped in Zimkitha.

“I can flip their position” injected Cheshire Cat grinning inchoately.

“Wait, how is flipping their position going to help?” asked @sleepyhead.

“Umm, maybe we should just get out of the line of fire” replied @nevarmaor. “Anybody got an umbrella?”

3 Likes

“i do!” Said Marcel. “He was holding an umbrella in one hand, and his head in the other.”

“And I don’t like being ignored!”

Everyone turned one way. “Ewwww is that his head?” Zimkitha screeched

The ducks landed in the opposite direction. “Ok, which one of you wise guys shot our leader?!” One asked threateningly

Without thinking, everyone pointed towards Marcel. “He did!”

3 Likes

“I’m baaaaaaaaaack!” @sft1965 waved to everyone enthusiastically, accidentally bopping Marcel’s head, which went flying into one duck, which knocked that duck into the next duck, causing utter mayhem, this domino effect of falling birds and fluttering feathers.

“What kind of awful run-on sentence is that?” grumbled @Photon.

“The very best kind!” grinned @sleepyhead. “Look!”

“Oh snap!” @nevarmaor chuckled. “Did all the ducks fall into one convenient pile?”

“Are they unconscious?” whispered Proteus.

“Watch out!” Hu Tao flattened his friend, slowly and carefully, without spilling his smoothie.

“Roast duck for dinner!” roared Azlar, shooting flames.

“Oh my!” @sft1965 grinned. “We’re still a bloodthirsty bunch.”

“Welcome back.” @Rook tossed a burnt duck his way. “What happens next?”

4 Likes

“Next, you give the head of our friend back!” Faline hissed.

“Now dear, we beat our duck enemies,” Zimkitha began. But Faline swiped at her!

“How dare you!” Azlar roared.

“Cat fight! Cat fight! Cat fight!” yelled @nevarmaor @sft1965 Sleepyhead @Photon
and … Cheshire Cat.

“Wait, what?” Proteus scratched his head.

“Why are you egging them on?”" hissed Rook. “We don’t want the others to think we cats can’t get along!”

Cheshire Cat grinned. “Because…”

4 Likes

“Because…whose there to control the chaos?” “Chaos? What do you mean chaos?” @Rook asked. “We cats can get along.” “Alright, how about this?” Photon asked, throwing about 10k gems in between everyone.

“Uh, Photon, you have no idea what you have started don’t you?” @akionna asked him. "I know exactly what i have started. “We wanted at cat fight, now with a little incentive, we got one.”

Everyone was drooling at the 10k gems just sitting in the middle, then everyone all rushed to try and grab the whole pile.

4 Likes

Just then, a wayward feather landed on Hu Tao’s nose. He squeezed his eyes shut and held his breath … but it was no use. It was going to happen. It was. He could feel it–

Achoooo!

Poor Proteus fell off his stool. The pile of gems scattered across the room. One large gem shot directly into Azlar’s nostril.

“Ow!” he yelped in surprise. “Where is that hanky?”

“No no no no!” gasped Proteus. “Lion snot is impossible to wash out!”

“Just this once?” implored @sleepyhead, blinking prettily.

“We need to leave before he burns us all!” hollered @nevarmaor, already sprinting toward the exit.

“Come visit me!” yelled @sft1965 from far, far away.

“Where are you?” asked @Photon.

Just then, a portal shimmered into view. Who would jump through first?

2 Likes

Fenrir, Graymane, Frida, Ratatatoskr (what a pain to type) and Theobald!

“It’s time to take the war to the cats!”

“Aren’t you a cat?” @akionna asked Theobald.

“How dare you!” Theobald was so offended he dropped his knives.

“Hey, we’re FTP, we can’t keep all you new heroes straight!” Sleepyhead protested.

Frida raised her gigantic mace thingie and pointed it at Zimkitha. “Zim! You think you’re so good because you’re a fast HOTM! Well, I hit harder!”

“And I cleanse your elemental defense drop!” Zim hissed back.

Fenrir began to howl. “Enough talk! Now we fight!”

3 Likes

Cookie Settings