[SOLVED] When SG say ailment is more or less effective

In the Magic Tower or Ninja Tower, the Unwavering Defense’s description is

In Kemythian City environment in S5, the description is

Here is a problem.

When you apply -34%Def on enemy in the Magic Tower or Ninja Tower floor with the Unwavering Defense, you get -17%Def. But when you apply -40% accuracy on enemy in the Kemythian City environment in S5 you get -50% accuracy (Not -44% accuracy).

So, it is ambiguous when SG say ailment is more or less effective.

If SG say reduce attack ailments are -20% less effective, you will not sure if your -40%Atk will be -32%Atk or -20%Atk.

It isn’t a big problem but it will be better if they fix this and make it isn’t ambiguous.

9 Likes

I’d put this in the bug section of the forum if I were you. Will probably get more traction there. I didn’t even notice the discrepancy in the wording to actual action, thanks for noticing and sharing.

3 Likes

I agree and I have moved it to bug and issues section.

And I am also asking Staff to check this out.

1 Like

I can share that there are games that have dedicated keywords to solve this ambiguity.
For example they can use “more” or “less” when the effect is multiplicative, and “increased” or “reduced” when the effect is additive.

3 Likes

I used to put something like this long time ago in Bugs & Issues at least 2 times. They are about description bug. But in both case, there is nothing say from the staff. Because of that I think the staff doesn’t care about the description bug if it doesn’t have enough effect to the game.

Ok, you can move it to the Bugs & Issues if you think it should be there. I hope the staff will look at it.

Thank you for the report, we’ll look into this here!

3 Likes

Could you also look at this bug too ?

1 Like

@PlayForFun Should the topic be merged to this ?

1 Like

I do like the reworked wording:

Makes my head hurt less, since I don’t have to try and figure out what they mean :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.