When is the magic moment to fire Onatel?

I’ve got a near maxed Onatel that flanks my Kunchen tank…I would like to know by you, E&P Elders, your opinions about the best moment to fire her…:wink:

Simply if she’ll be charged up… :wink:

Just wait for the opponents cleanser sometimes.

Does cleanser really come to effect? , her specials are not dispellable…
I suppose best moment to fire her special should be when the enemies have build up manas and potentially ready to fire.

Onatel skill does work even if the target’s mana-bar is empty?

In that case, there won’t be mana to steal but only the damage takes effect.

She doesn’t steal existing mana, she steals mana that will be gained in the next few turns. Her cast will have the same effect, no matter if the enemy is empty or full when attacked. She doesn’t steal anything immediately.

4 Likes

Thanx for the explanation, guys!

I don’t find that it matters especially often. Occasionally in raids, I’ll see that an opponent’s mana is near full, so the steal won’t be enough to keep them from firing, so I’ll either fire the other direction or hold it until after that hero fires. If a hero in a raid is sitting on “S” (i.e. will fire his/her special the next turn because mana is already full, that can be a good time to fire, since they’ll be starting from empty, and you can hit them with tiles during those early turns of her steal (25/50% steal). Otherwise, I like to wait a turn or two before targeting them with tiles.

Sometimes, she can really get rolling, so you want to target a flank on one side in case she is ready to fire again before the steal wears off the first three. Then, you can target the opposite wing and cover the other two heroes with mana steal without overwriting the steal on the first three. The later turns (75%/100% steal) are the ones where Onatel really shines. Nothing like unloading tiles on a healer who has 90% mana and knowing those tiles are doing exactly zip toward allowing the healer to fire.

3 Likes

Thanx, Noble…very very interesting for me!