When do you stop leveling for war depth?

It never stops, i currently have 57 maxed 5’s and still leveling for war depth.
But after writing this, maybe i‘m realizing should just stop now

I think the best question to ask is: How many heroes can you efficiently emblem?

There is no reason to stop leveling other than lack of mats. In a fluid game like this where heroes are buffed and nerfed and the meta changes relatively quickly, it doesn’t hurt to have an entire roster of maxed heroes. And if nothing else, at least you can have fun using different heroes and lineups.

However, to be competitive nowadays, you need not only good and maxed heroes, but also well-emblemed ones. Almost everyone can get 10 heroes at +15 or more but that is not a smart choice IMO if every other hero remains unemblemed. Bear in mind that the game’s RNG is a cruel mistress and no matter how good your team is, there is no guaranteed win. That’s why I prefer to have Magni and Misandra at +10 rather than Magni at +20 and Misandra at 0. As I said, at least this way you can have fun from alternating between the two every now and then.

So how many emblems are enough, and therefore, how many heroes are advisable?

That depends probably on everyone’s playstyle. Personally I have created 6 rainbow teams with the 6 best offensive heroes I have from each color and I am distributing emblems only on them. Initially, most of them were 4s but slowly I started replacing them with good 5 heroes and I now feel comfortable with what I have. My first goal to have +6 emblems on each one is achieved and now I’m working on putting +9 on each one. At that point, I might consider expanding them to 7 teams or perhaps even more (if I haven’t quit by then).

1 Like

I’m far from having enough heroes but… don’t you kind of feel it when you have enough heroes? Like you make the ideal team for every hit without feeling forced to use suboptimal heroes?

Personally I’d like to have the flexibility to do 6 excellent mono teams of each color. So 30 heroes (good 4* and 5*) of each element, so 150 maxed heroes, even if I rarely run mono. I guess that by the time you have 200 maxed heroes it should be enough lol

I am curious what would be the personal response of those 3 players with the highest profile level (113?) since they are the ones I assume to have played actively daily since reaching that kind of level is insanely like a job. @JekylandHyde @AlexForquet @KoreanPlayer.

I was dedicated to 10X, same color feeding up through 200+ fully leveled heroes. I only recently stopped feeding any heroes to concentrate on feeding troops and emblems. I am no longer collecting recruits or feeders and simply letting the TCs and the regular summons coins over run. With hero cap reached, we can still over run the cap with trainers and summons.

My current roster is:
106 — 3* - every 3 in the game, including costumes, are fully leveled with many dupes of very strong heroes

89 — 4* - every 4 in the game, including costumes, are fully leveled with many dupes of very strong heroes

50 — 5* - 50 fully-leveled with another 46 at 3/70 or 2/60 and another 50+ hanging out collecting dust.

4 Likes

@JekylandHyde

Thanks for sharing. I have been watching your YouTube vids and I haven’t noticed whether you have maxed dupes of legendary heroes. If so, who are these ones you maxed in dupes?

1 Like

That’s an impressive roster. I’ve got to ask, how large is your hero cap and how much does that cost?

1 Like

The only Legendary dupes I have maxed are Marjana and Poseidon … and I rarely, almost never, use the 2nd copy. I was using 2X Marjana’s against Telluria when she first debuted, but I have since gotten Tyr and Gravemaker to 4/80 so Marjana #2 no longer gets play time.

1 Like

My hero cap is currently 406 with just over 300 heroes locked. I used to keep 50-60 spaces open for 10X feeding of any element, but when I realized the HA10 was not going to have value to me, I started mass feeding away dupe 5s so now I have way more space than I really need.

My cost on hero cap is now 600 (maybe 650?) gems per 5 slots.

2 Likes

After wasting lots of resources, I no longer level 4*s to 3.60, only if they are to be maxed. For example Falcon, Grimm and Sonya will soon have their Twins, for their skills do add value to my war attacks.

I still do level 5s to 3.70, but unmaxed 4s remind me that chaos is not what my roster needs.

It can also depend of your playstyle. I rarely play mono teams during war, I prefer the 3-2 setup. So for me, a good war depth at the moment is to have at least18 heros per color to be able to stack 6 times a 3-2 against the same tank color. I have enough 4* maxed and 5* to do it, the only way to improve is to max more 5* or getting very goods 4* + emblems.

I know exactly what you mean. I feel that I’m stuck with the likes of Agwe, Hu Tao, Colen, Kashrek. I don’t really use them, because they’re at 3.60, but don’t see a need to max them as they still wouldn’t see more action in my roster. I’d prefer to max dupes that I know will be actually helpful. What did you do with those left at 3.60? I need to organise my chaotic roster as I’m lacking space for feeders.