What's the use in complaining

I read all this complaint on here but I completely understand. The drops of ascension materials have become almost nonexistent. They come out with all these new heros, try to pull one and if you do good luck with ascending them. I have a friend who has been playing as long as I have which is over 3 years. He has 10 5 stars that’s it. ONLY GOD KNOWS HIW MUCH MONEY HE HAS SPENT TRYING. I watch him buy the 3000 legends tokens today he pulls 2 4 stars and the rest 3 stars. He has made so many 10 pulls its embarrassing. On to get nothing. The few 5 stars he does have I would give him anything for them they are all slow. It’s obvious the game is not a fair playing field. Back to my orginal idea to post. E&P could care less what we have to say or complain about. They serve a much smaller community which we are not included. They just want our money.

15 Likes

Recommend not playing, if that’s your opinion.

5 Likes

I understand how you feel. I also sympathise with your friend and colleague.
That said - we all know what we are getting into when we load this game. And we are all told what the odds are when undertaking pulls.
The problem is that the game is addictive and players buy more and pay more to get that shiny new OP hero.
My advice to anyone starting out new is to go completely free to play.

6 Likes

I frankly don’t get this. They are no more rare now than they were 3-1/2 years ago when I started playing – at least for me. In fact, we now have a guaranteed source (once you can finish) in the rare quests that were not available back then.

6 Likes

They’re a business. This is what I expect them to do. Why do we give in?

Now I certainly want others to spend money. I benefit from it.

But I’ve also noticed in this and many other games, people love to complain about everything that’s wrong with the game. Yet so many enjoy playing regularly and don’t post here.

There is no use in complaining.

2 Likes

I have a hard time believing he only has 10 5s in over 3 years. H10 will give you one a week, tc20 can give you a Chance. Those special quest come out what, once a week or so with ascending materials. In 3 years, he would have had to accumulate more materials for just 10 heros.

I agree that this game is muff cabbage and is only a money grab, but to only have 10 heros ascended in that long of time doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

LOL. Bingo. You figured it out. Of course, they want our money. This is no different than any other “For Profit Business Model”.

I only managed 17 maxed 5* in 3 years. Granted, I didn’t have HA to run, but I kinda like the idea there is someone else who has even worse luck than me. :+1::grinning:

Sorry to the OP about your friend.

Edit:

@Deeznutzshawty…muff cabbage !!!

That’s funny as and I’m stealing the phrase. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

He’s a VERY casual player. Like 4 or less hours a week?

Otherwise, yes by default he should have more than ten maxed 5* heroes. I have 26 after 3-1/2 years as (p)F2P. Working on 27th and with mats for two more (because I only have 2 Tomes).

1 Like

You left out that detail that he only plays 4 hours a week and is very casual. I’m about 3 years in and 28 maxed.

Also, why would someone that casual spend thta much money in a game he barely plays?

1 Like

It was a guess on my part :rofl:

I probably put in 1-2 hours a day.

Also, how could someone spend that much and only have 10 heroes? That’s more in a month probably than I’ve spent total.

HA10 will transform 1 per week, you need to feed a 5* to get a 5*…

8 Likes

This must be very bad luck or there is a lot missing in that story: I am completely f2p , in 18 months I pulled 18 5* heroes and got another 16 from my two TC20. Last month I shut down 1 TC20 doing only lvl11 trainings, because there are no more S1 heroes I am Interested in.
The other TC20 is a kind of food storage.
From those 34 5* heroes I maxed 19.
Is this extrem luck?
I dont think so, my daughter plays f2p since 15 months, she has 28 5* and 15 of them maxed.
With corona lockdown I had the time to complete S2 and S3 in both modes, that gave a lot of mats and summon tokens.

Happy gaming

2 Likes

Well I’m not exactly lucky in general but I’ve been playing for more than 4 years and have 46 5* and I’ve run 4 tc20 in parallel for almost one year.
I had several multiples in 4* before dups were of any use because I just trained anything while waiting for my first 5*.

You have been lucky.

Monumental bad luck. Nothing really missing from my story, other than I no longer play Empires and I paid quite a lot of money (roughly $2000nz) over those 3 years for those 17 5*. Lol…just the way it went for me.

Edit: TC 20 was broken, big time, for me as well. Conservative estimate would have been 350 trainings and I got 2 5* from them…Elkanen and Elena. :grin:

1 Like

There are ridiculous complaint out there like board, summon, AM, etc. But the complaint against things like power creep imo is justified. When things is still in Beta, we have to scrutinize them if the thing is not worthy to get live.

1 Like

yelnats_24: I think, for what seems to others as a ridiculous complaint, can be a legitimate complaint for the complainer.

To be clear, I’m not saying that the OP has expressed a legitimate complaint. This is simply my response to your post. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Not sure how bad someone’s luck needs to run before a complaint becomes legitimate. Yes, the odds are published on both the portals and the TC, but when some people are so far outside of the curve to barely register as a stat? Dunno, but that would seem fair enough to grumble about, imo.

3 Likes

When there are millions of samples, it is normal that some of them are at the end of the curve.

1 Like

And that consideration - which is totally mathematically legitimate - should drive to ask for a tighter curve.

Because “it can and will happen” sucks for those in the left tail :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes