Whats the point of "rare" titans

At the end of the day it is another item sink, Alliances with plenty items to burn will go though them as normal not to be put back to the previous titan tier. Everyone has seen enough of the rare titans now to really not ‘get excited’ at the extra loot chance .My alliance just treat them as normal now, without any special efforts.

3 from 30 chance ( at best) as other people have said is just - meh, by all means make it harder , so only 10% of them are killed , but then make the loot 30/30 - MUCH more exciting

( thats the same loot outcome - just more engaging I think)

I am not being negative. Trolling a bit, yes.

That the devs have made positive changes to the game is true, but the rare titan was one of those changes. What everyone seems to want is not just a positive change for the game, but a positive change for themselves.

The threads all say the buff in loot is necessary to offset the expenditure in crafted items. I am saying it is your choice to continue.

That’s not been my experience. My alt’s alliance was ready to skip a Titan to bring us back down to a more manageable range, but than an 11* rare spawned, so we took on the challenge.

At the very least, I like these rare titans because they ARE something different. Killing standard titans just becomes part of the grind.

Finished off another rare titan, the Gryphon. Seems like 3/30 again for our alliance got the Poison Darts. Even though I didn’t get it I’m glad others did. The stronger my alliance members get the stronger our alliance as a whole becomes. I’d rather take a 10% chance or even 1% chance over no chance of getting ascension materials at all.

Edit: This was a 10* one.

1 Like

I could not have said it better myself.
Rare titans are very hard to kill, so you throw flasks and expensive items at it, and the rewards are the usual junk.

In our alliance, 2 of the special drops have been reported. 2. For 30 people using expensive items.

ROI on rare titans is terrible.
So our leader has decided that we will treat rare titans like any other titan.

And when it is time for a rest titan, so be it.

As has been mentioned above, the rare titans looked like a nice thing to get excited about. Looked. Past tense. To my mind, they are just a bait and switch ruse to make more money for SG.

Forget it. Most players are not that stupid.
Fool me once - shame on you.
Fool me twice - shame on me.
Forget it. Just forget it.

3 Likes

That’s basically what we’re doing as well, treat them like any other titan, except this one being a bit harder.

So we got one today. And we’ve decided to spend some flasks on it, because we got some yesterday anyways and what else are we to use them on, but titans?

But no expectations. Loot will be as usual. The only rare thing about it, is that it has reflect and is of a type we don’t usually see.

2 Likes

Yeah, we got a rare 11* yellow chicken today.
The boss says it tastes nice barbecued, so we are killing it. Yum, BBQ’ed chicken :poultry_leg:

It is our first of this kind, so we are fattening it up with some flasks before we slaughter it.

Later, when drunken vikings get maudlin, they will bemoan the nicked swords, dented helmets and the sudden lack of mead on Finnish elves

My point is ANY titan can drop any or none of that stuff… so the “rare” titan is no different from any titan other than its just harder to kill…

4 Likes

You nailed it thats exactly what i was getting at.

…rare loot… I was lucky enough to get my fifth scope but got nothing for the other 2. Got to love a free shot at loot. As aggravating as it is to not win on that extra lottery ticket it is great when you win on a free one.
Edit. It appears to be a additional roll since it shows up as the last item if you get it.

As today I have faced with my alliance 3 reare titans and I get nothing good myself, nothing.
It has been however a lot of fun and something new that I totally enjoyed.
Battle items sink? Mmmh, maybe, not sure what you guys use there but sometimes I used much more on regular ones.
After all battle items are made to be used, aren’t them? Are you stockpiling them to place in the first ten places in events? Because 4* item come just there and I don’t think the chances for everybody to get there are better than the odds to loot that extra goodie.

And, on the other hand, if the battle seem overwhelming and the loot not worth it, can’t the rare titan flee as someties happens to regular one?

I really believe that every bit of fun that comes from something different from the regular grinding routine is a bless in this game

Star to star each rare titan has the same number of ascension rolls as it’s regular counterpart but each rare titan also has a chance of the extra roll slot for the 4* ascension material.

Well, if we are exact, rares have +1 loot tier. So the rolls are for +1 star when comparing rares to normals.

2 Likes

So we killed the flappy bird. And would you know it two (2!) alliance members got both a Damascus blade and the darts! :scream:

So we were very, very lucky.

1 Like

We had four people report tabards from the Harpy - think one was just a regular roll cause he actually got 2 tabards!

The rare titans have an extra roll for the 4* rare mat…it’s not that there is a higher chance of getting that mat in one of the regular ascension slots. It’s like the HotM Bonus Summon, additive to whatever else.

1 Like

My alliance just defeated the 9* Alpha Gryphon and we were all extremely UNDER-whelmed by the loot.

1 Like

Another Alpha Gryphon (8*). A lot of 3* rare material but 0 poison darts

2 Likes

We couldn’t kill the griphon and it escaped. Does anyone know if the next rare we get will be the griphon again or something else?