Whats going on with this game lately?

raids
alliance_wars

Example of a lose from my history, could be a 1 off but this is how its been lately.
Opponent

Me

Why are you raiding with a rainbow team? You should be doubling strong color against the tank, and bringing a dispeller

2 Likes

Because the board seems to fill with whatever color(s) i dont have.

That’s a common misconception. The board really is random I know, right?; you’re going to have amazing boards and horrible boards, but for some reason, the brain seem to like to remember the bad ones more. & When you’re specifically looking for the color that is missing, it tends to stick out like a sore thumb, but that’s because you’re aware those are dead tiles.

I’d highly recommend color-stacking vs the tank, it will let you take on teams that are a lot stronger than you, and you’ll have no problem with teams like the one you shared. It won’t always work, but it’s probably the best method to use in order to get out of the raid funk you’re currently in right now. It takes some getting used to, but it’s way better than rainbow (at least, I think so).

If you can’t get though the tank, it usually means you can’t win or kill too many of their heroes. If you stack against the tank, you make sure that won’t be a problem for you, and gives you a solid chance. Of course the board has to be semi in your favor, but doesn’t it always? This way strong colors do more damage, and the weak color is out of the picture (if that’s how you choose to stack).

Give it a try for a few days and see if that helps :blush:

Also, I noticed you don’t have many solid hitters on your team, that could be the reason you’re struggling too. I don’t know if these are your only heroes or not, but I’d consider getting some fast hitters with high attack stats in the works to help (if you have them).

4 Likes

If we both ever have multiple responses in the same thread, I’m 99% sure no one would read it lol. We both type books but i like how detailed you are. Props for that

1 Like

Sometimes I wonder if anyone actually reads what I type out… It’s always so long, but I can’t help it. I love details and specifics lol. Glad someone can appreciate it, thank you. :blush:

& I know I read your posts without skimming them, so there’s at least one person who reads em :wink:. That’s something!

This post is too short, I don’t like it. I was about to type up another paragraph about how we should team up and flood the forum with all of our words, but I’ll save you the trouble of reading it lol

5 Likes

Never any trouble, more details the better. Leaves less room for confusion and yes between the 2 of us it would not be hard to take over the forum lol

2 Likes

I read everything you say. I read everyone’s comments. It makes a huge difference. Thanks.

2 Likes

I do not believe SG is cheating on us during raids. On the contrary, my impression is that KI is sometimes playing so poorly (like letting off specials when only one weak monster is left (during missions that is)) that it would be easy to improve it. But then again, lots of players would leave as KI would be too strong.

I’m glad it can help. If you ever have any questions or need any advice, feel free to ask anytime :blush:

These are my best hereos, i know weak huh, ive been playing for about 10 months if not more and just recently got A 5* that im leveling up. My alliance has people that were starting out and they already have gotten 2-3 5*s luck of the draw i guess.

1 Like

When I stack more than two of the same color I do get bad initial, and follow on boards. I started to track it manually, to post about, then realized on reading the board that people would want images. So I stared taking images…but someone beat me to it posting about 5 images and saying they had more. The board came back and said you needed a sample size of thousands. At that point I stopped…because who is going to run through a thousand crappy boards to prove what they know is true?

Clearly this doesn’t happen to everyone, but I can say it happens to me on raids. Not on titans. I have about 20 shapshots and another 30 written notes on it…and I only started that after more than a dozen bad boards in a row. Seriously - one reasonable board out of dozens of bad ones when I color stack more than two on raids. It happens to me, and I suspect others.

Wow, that’s some terrible luck.

& I’m not saying that it doesn’t happen, but those are usually outliers. I think for most, you’ll get everything in between and on a steady basis: amazing boards, terrible boards, okay boards, etc. the whole works. I know, personally, I don’t notice any significant differences when I color-stack vs when I don’t. Then again, I no longer look for it as much anymore; I just play the board the best that I can.

It’s up to everyone to decide if color-stacking is their thing, but you won’t know until you’ve tried it consistently for a good while. I know at first, I thought it sucked, and believed I never got the tiles that I needed. After playing with it for a few weeks, that feeling dissipated. I eventually figured out how to use this method to my advantage, but it took some learning and getting used to.

Color-stacking isn’t for everyone, but a lot of people have success with it, so I highly recommend someone try it out first to see if it helps. If it doesn’t? Back to rainbow it is! :blush:

2 Likes

No, it’s alright, I wasn’t totally sure on that. Are you currently running any TC13 or TC20? I’d assume you’re at (or close) to SH20 now, but one can never know for sure.

It can really blow being the one with terrible luck, I know exactly how that feels. But hey, sometimes that luck shifts and eventually you become the lucky one. May take some time, but I would hope eventually it will come.

Anyway, like I mentioned before, I would attempt color-stacking vs the tank for a few weeks to see if that helps. I don’t know how deep your roster is, but if there are colors that you can’t handle, I’d spend the food to reroll til you find someone you can take on.

Once you get the hang of color-stacking, it can be so amazing. I win enough raids to finish my raid chest twice a day (most days), and that’s usually why. You just have to be willing to reroll til you find that perfect opponent, and counter them the best that you can.

1 Like

I do reroll plenty it could all just be a bad luck draw swing. I do play witj 2 greens but not sure that would be color stacking but right now i dont have alot of big hitters. I just recently got my main team to all 4* heroes

Anything more than one color is considered color-stacking, and to be honest, that’s how I color-stack most days. It’s easier when you have several heroes to choose from in each color, so you can customize your stack to be counter your opponent, but doing two strong colors vs the tank should help you while you’re still growing. I would try it when you can, and let me know if you like it! Takes some getting used to, but I think once you get the hang of it, it’s hard to go back to rainbow.

1 Like

I appreciate the detail u add as it helps me to understand it better. However, I do get lost on the acyromns.

The more experienced players probably know these things, but I am a rookie.

Thanks

TC: Training Camp

SH: Stronghold

Color-stack: Using more than one of a certain color, usually to counter the tank in a raid. For example, if they’re a red tank, some people bring in three blues. If their flank is yellow, they might bring in two purples.

Tank: Middle Hero (in a defensive lineup)

Flank: Two heroes next to the tank (in a defense lineup)

Wings: The two heroes in the corners (in a defense lineup)

Anything else?

1 Like
1 Like

I’m not a rookie and there are a ton of things I don’t understand. Just keep asking … We all benefit from the answers.

1 Like