What we discuss on the forum: an analysis of new Threads - June 2022

most likely that someone typo’ed “gero” and autocorrect said, “say no more!”

2 Likes

my feeling of the content distribution within the forum is pretty well aligned with what you’re feeling and the data you’ve compiled. i haven’t been in this particular forum long enough to really have a sense of things, but i know from past fora experience that the whole thing comes and goes in waves–not that i’ve personally been getting that “stale” feeling though.

notifications first, if any, then just always checking latest. if something comes up in-game, i might occasionally search a hero thread, or if i get an idea that goes somewhere else (new hero idea, etc.), i’ll try to find that thread.

something i started doing a few months ago that i personally find entertaining: going back to old threads for controversial topics, especially ones that were either before my time in the game or really early in my time so that i never really experienced them the way other players did. one example is going back to Telluria’s beta thread :rofl: or #TabardGate

i’m still here. it’s always in the background in case i need a distraction from what i’m currently doing, and i’m always looking to get distracted haha.

the most engagement i got was on this topic i created.

and the most likes i got was on a Wu Kong joke haha.

most other topics i create don’t get much engagement. i generally get a lot more engagement replying to other topics.

i gotta admit, it’s weird when you experience something being merged the first time, but in general, yes, i do support merging.

2 Likes

I also feel that the forum goes through waves of activity. Game-related content naturally spikes with new beta beats, announcements and releases.

there are also natural waves for things like community content, when a whole bunch of posters will play off each other to spike activity for a bit, and it tends to die down naturally as people need breaks.

4 Likes

“Legendary” George!

2 Likes

But then the question becomes “What is a gero?” :thinking: :joy:

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

So legendary that I’d never heard of him. George Formby, the only true legend.

2 Likes

Well typically I look and see who is doing what to me based on the numbers by my icon. My second stop is usually the F2P Rebellion Thread. Most days I don’t even look anywhere else unless I got tagged. Being a F2P, and a rather unlucky one at that, most discussions I have nothing to contribute. That’s assuming I even know who the hell the hero being talked about is.

I have been playing the game for like 4 years, but only came to the forum for like 2. At first there were a lot of active discussions about every hero. You could even post questions about S1’s and get legitimate responses beyond “no S1’s are worth mats” or “S1’s are only good for SE” or something. :roll_eyes:. I still use them. A lot. I am not alone.

I really enjoy nerding out on tactics and ideas for the heroes I have and it was great for that. There were also more nuanced tactical information on how to go about certain things.

I guess the change is I really only post in the F2P thread. The main reasons being the genuine hero discussions about heroes most people don’t care about. Also the outside the box problem solving when trying to offer help to beat things with the roster they post.

Even the few “in meta” heroes I have now the feedback isn’t particularly helpful because I am not teaming them up with anyone else “in meta”.

Outside of there I really am just useless, redundant, irrelevant, or out of place. I used to do comparison articles for fun. I had some other ideas but since they’re based on the heroes I have their all heroes no one wants to talk about.

I do tend to be long winded, so it’s probably good I don’t venture more places :laughing:

The most is I guess reasoned thoughtful responses. Not just dropping a name, but saying why that hero and, ideally, the pros and cons of the other that weren’t picked. They offer two fold benefit. The first is to the immediate question, but some of my tactics came from reading those reasonings and applying them to heroes I have the original comment had no intention of referencing.

When people test or compares things well it is cool too.

Things I can nerd out on.

I also enjoy threads where people compliment and say nice things about me! :+1:

My least is tough as I don’t enjoy so much else:

• “which hero” questions when they’re all fabulous heroes and there is no wrong choice.

• complaining (not just venting) about odds and rigged boards.

• I guess HotM threads too because you don’t get much actual feedback until a month or so after release. Unless they’re special like Kara or something, most comments are HotM are garbage and suck, etc.

I do. :+1:

Cool thread @Ruskin505

:beers:

5 Likes

Nah, you know how to cook @NicoX properly. :laughing:

I want to talk about them (and probably half of F2P gang too). If you have time and you have something in mind, please share your ideas!

Ikr?
Guys, which one should I ascend? Ludwig, Alfrike, X-man or Goseck?
Err… I have Obakan and Sargasso, so you know… whatever. :joy:

Or Klaern. Klaern is pure comedy, everyone should post something in his thread!

4 Likes

At least I think I do. He’s selfish and hasn’t actually let me try yet. Manners? Am I right!?!

Maybe eventually. They tend to take a little time and I am pretty busy IRL

Already did:

I don’t know this one. O man I feel old now :laughing:

4 Likes

Of course you are! Sooner or later we’ll get him!

I know, Klaern’s thread is one of my favourite and I read every single post in there. :grin:

You are old or my English is bad. :joy:
IKR - I know, right?
Maybe I’m using it wrong. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

The issue here is entirely me. You nailed it on your end.

2 Likes

Ikr is the most OP hero in the game. I was about to create a nerf thread about him. And you should see the rest of the family. Wtf, Ffs, Lol and Lmfao are absolute monsters.

3 Likes

You ever see what happens when you fire ffs after Evelyn and Frigg? If you’re lucky enough to have summoned wtf and use them first it hits so hard the opponent feels it in real life.

6 Likes

I felt this gif in real life too. :sob:

4 Likes

Perfect example. You have been wtf’d and ffs’d just like I said. Maybe that narf thread is called for then?

3 Likes

I am so enjoying this thread and the rambling!

Great people you all are (and an absolute pleasure to be around)

Thanks

@Ruskin505

@Sorvina

@Muchacho (awe you will always remind me of ‘Kings of Leon’ lol)

@NicoX (as always)

Now, back to the original thread

Yes, absolutely! Makes life so much easier

p.s.: I’m turning into @Muchacho lol!
What a long post !!! It is like running a marathon

:green_heart::turtle:

6 Likes

Most of the people here are very nice, but I honestly have a hard time finding the ‘emotional energy’ to engage with much of anything on the forum. I post in the counting thread. and the trial and tournament threads and maybe post a little something elsewhere, but even though i read a lot on the forum, i feel i have very little to add. I have very few heroes anyone would want to talk about, and i feel that the people that do have the ones i have won’t care about my opinion on them anyway.

so mostly i just sit back and watch. but at least this isn’t the non-stop continuous train wreck that is Reddit. (not just about this game, i mean in general)

6 Likes

Ok so me likey this thread!

1. Check notifications (sometimes depressing if I made a meme & nobody liked :sleepy:
  2. Check main page for new content
    a. Go into help threads, if I can help great, if I can’t I try to either find a link or tag a peep who can.
    b. Check for anything that one of the many @PlayForFun may have added (not convinced there’s only one of him):joy:
    c. Then look for any cakeday threads from @Sarah2 because who doesn’t love cake :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  3. Mandatory pop into the counting/word game threads (my faves)
  4. Completely avoid nerf/buff threads… they always are such a bummer. (and usually the same #### by the same people):rage:
  5. Totes in favor of a needed merge. I try not to flag stuff so sometimes I just @ a mod (but still feel like a stalker at times when there sooo many of them just popping up left and right)
  6. My favorite threads are positive ones mystic vision, show me your rewards, something positive and now this one, Thanks! :grin:
9 Likes

I always appreciate your contributions :slight_smile: but if you are not feeling it, give yourself a break… as a half introvert/half extrovert I also have my ups and downs, and need some quiet time once in a while :slight_smile:

5 Likes

it’s always so refreshing to see more positivity, especially when real life is often tough :wink: this forum (and the great people in it) are a nice break from all that!

3 Likes