What to expect in 2023?

Right. More different mechanics is a good thing.

I’ll listen if someone thinks a mechanic or hero is overpowered and needs to be toned down. But eliminating new mechanics altogether? Nope…

2 Likes

I expect my playing time and summons to decrease by the end of the year until it gets down to 0. I’m off to a pretty good start I didn’t finish the last tower for the first time and the last challenge event I did the bear minimum to finish and don’t log in nearly as much.

1 Like

Agree. Plus, as I said, it’s imho not overpowered. The special skills themselves of heroes are maybe too strong (Jequn’s 200% AoE at VF) but looking at Amethyst, that might be new trend.

1 Like

I wish they would create a new way of leveling up a hero, like earning xp in a the battlefield or something. It gets pretty tedious sometimes to only level up feeding the heroes

We need to be able to expand bases, there are bridges that lead to nowhere. Lets use the damned things

3 Likes

Yeah, elemental gem does seem balanced. 20 damage per turn, max 5 on the Board if I read right. Annoying, but not overwhelming.

I mean, I get why some would think it’s OP at first, as it just triggers no matter what - but the limitations placed on it do tend to balance it out. After giving it some thought

1 Like

What to expect? My predictions:
100+ new heroes.
A multitude of “offers” and “deals”, half of them “epic” but basically just similar versions of each other, covering more and more of your screen.
More “seasonal events”, with the aim of promoting seasonal summons 365 days a year.
Same old horrible, unprofessional customer service, primarily IG but also on the forums.

2 Likes

Think we’ve seen the last of the “Seasonals”. This one isn’t even half finished. Maybe one in before Halloween. Maybe.

I fully expect to see the new buildings and re-do of the Base layout along with dragons. Dragons are going to be a let-down. They’re just fancy battle items, and we’re pretty much full-up on them. We’ll see. Maybe they’re more than that.

We’re pretty low on design-space when it comes to new heros. They’re starting to overlap way too much. The pace they set was far too rapid. So I expect to see that slow down considerably.

1 Like

2022 was a good year at least for me

I’ve got G Chameleon, Lord Loki, Morel and Ludwig from Soul Exchange; and Tarlak, Onatel, and Ariel from Fated Summon

Some good heroes that I would hardly get from summons considering the odds

And using my saved EHT I pulled Anna Belle, Frank, Matilda and M&M from Morlovia. I wasn’t able to level the last two before the nerf but it’s ok

I hope to get more heroes from next Soul Exchange and Fated summon to improve the roster

My wishes:

• more free options to get ascension mats;

• more good and accessible 3* and 4* available

• reduce time for HA10 for 5 days and please SGG release a pity counter

2 Likes

Easily our funniest alliance member. But this sounds real.

2 Likes

Now that we have lunar heroes, they will be accompanied by heroes with passives that:

• fiends on allies will have their effects disabled

• allies granted immunity from ailments. This includes mana reduction.

• all allies get 10% HP boost per turn as long as an ally has ailment

• all allies granted immunity from buff dispel

2 Likes

I am expecting that the heroes that were introduced in 2022, will be pushed all the way to the back of the line when 2023 introduces a new truckload of heroes with unimaginable skills and passives, and unthinkable base stats.

Khufu, who was an absolute beast, will now be turned into a cute wittle puppy. M&M, a monster at tank, will be reduced to making kitty videos on TikTok. Anne, fricken Anne, pretty sure Luna will unseat her. And Luna will most likely be knocked off by a yet to be designed hero come June.

I’m just gonna be happy with what I have. And I’m hoping to not get sucked in by new flashy heroes…(damn Contest of Elements).

4 Likes

this ability is not about damage. This is to counter heroes tile nerf heroes like rhys/xeno/rata etc.

well, according to the chronological list of hero releases page, there were 149 heroes and 44 costumes released in 2022, that’s slightly more than one new hero or costume every other day. :astonished:

so, i predict soon we will not have a Hero of the Month anymore, but a Hero of the Day! we’re almost there already. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I’m guessing on some of the following happening -

We will see our 1st 450 or 500 gem portal.

All s1 will have 2 costumes by summer. All s2 & s3 will have at least 1 costume by end of year.

90+% of all released heroes in 2023 will be 5*. 3* & 4* don’t make them money afterall.

As mentioned by someone else we will get to a “seasonal” event running 24/7/365 and they will likely dump the daily elemental portal due to it.

5* guaranteed coins will be available for s1 outside of SE, probably as a daily deal every 7-10 days. S2 will probably have the same thing during its monthly atlantis rising event.

Limit break level 2 will be opened in next few months.

Obviously the lures will be in used in the s5 monthly farming event but i think they will just run s2-s5 every weekend as a 72 hour timeframe and do each seasons farming event once a month.

Lots of other stuff will likely be implemented and hated by the playerbase so i reserve the right to add more obvious cash grabs at a later date :slight_smile:

3 Likes

and also, we will have a Seasonal Challenge Event every month! (we already have 6, 6 more to go!)

2 Likes

If it comes with rare ascension mats and trainers as a reward I wouldn’t complain

This is less of an expectation and more of an absolute. In 2023, the f2p will be faced with a tough decision. Continue on at a tremendous disadvantage, or finally decide that the frustration and aggravation just isn’t worth it anymore. I think a lot of them have been dodging the inevitable for the better part of 2022.

4 Likes

What I’ve notice is new heros come out and within days players will have them maxed out… so there’s people out spending tons of money! It takes me a long time to level a Leng Hero wish they would let the tome of war (I think) more often!! I have like 10 legendary hero’s stuck at 3/70 … and have enough materials right now to boost to level 4 for 8 of them … I spend money yes but only on the valor quests so 9.99 a month