What to do with too many heroes - end game

Nie da się od czasu do czasu nie przegrać :wink:

1 Like

Thank you all and S_Bunny.
Lot of good idea to test the limits.

Ps. I have mixed heroes from all seasons/missions and HOTM. My most enjoyable hero is Lord Loki, not because he is very strong etc but he is fun and give a new dimension to the strategy part of the game.

Happy gaming

1 Like

I’ve been playing longer than OP and I have 38 fully leveled 5*, which still feels like a lot.

There are a variety of game modes where having a lot of strong heroes helps, as others have mentioned. I just buy hero cap increases periodically, and cycle out 4* and 3* heroes that I don’t really use any more.

Ive seen people with 80+ maxed 5-Stars, so I know I am not near the top. However, I think I count as “end game”. I have the mats and heroes to max 10 more 5s if I wanted, but I just don’t feel the urgency I use to.

What do I do?

1. I like collecting 4-Stars for fun as they are easy enough to pull and are not as much of a waste of space as 3s (unless your Boomer, Gobbler or Agwee).

2. A large bench gives me a lot of room to not give a s*** about the curses in the ninja tower. Its my least favorite thing in the game anyway.

3. I can sit on heroes and mats till I get that hero I always wanted, or I get an abundance of mats and max one that just looks like fun.

4. Focus on Emblems. Do everything in the game to get every single one you can. They will make more of a difference than another hero.

5. Sit back and relax knowing I have enough to be competitive in all areas of the game. I may not be at the top spot, but high enough to get top rewards. No need to spend big money chasing the newest hot hero that will be “mehh” before you know it.

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 10.37.52 AM

5 Likes

I have over 50 5* heroes maxed. At this point I just focus on troops & alkashards. I disciplined myself to level all the heroes I have and stop summoning. Summon after everyone on your roster is maxed. The mats will come. Especially when you start trading alkashards.

1 Like

There needs to be more attention to this ‘problem’.

I would say I am getting closer and closer to being an ‘end-game’ player. As of now I’m close to field a team of five star in any color.

That being said I have 89 maxed out heroes in total. This includes three, four and five star heroes. Around 35 of those maxed out heroes don’t see any play anymore in my current gameplay.

An even worse thing is that I don’t feel the desire to level up new heroes. If I already have 3 holy snipers, why would I need another one I’d never use over those 3?

In the end the root of this problem is that a lot of people have to much heroes for the content that’s currently being offered. Usually people use ~35 different heroes in wars over a long period of time (at least I and lots of my friends do), you need multiple heroes for ninja tower (however the 35 different heroes used for the wars see also play here). But if you play smart and use a lot of battle items you can go through the 50 floors with losing less than 10 heroes. You need at least 50 heroes for Tavern of Legends but for me it will just be my 6 war teams. The other 4 teams with unleveled heroes or the same maxed/emblemed three or four star heroes I also use for tournaments.

I think there are a few solutions to this situation:
First increase the stages of Tavern of Legends to 100 stages or a new event with the same mechanics.
Of course this means the TP increase between the levels has to lowered. (You hit 4k TP only at floor 18 or so in stead of floor 8, math could be worked out later). I hear you say ‘100?!’. And I say confidently yes. That requires at least 500 heroes and I am fine with that. For a lot of people, and I mean a lot will not be able to complete the event. And in my eyes this is a plus. This means you still have room to improve yourself/your roster in order to get higher up.

An important detail are the rewards though. You shouldn’t get a single pull by the time you hit floor 30. My idea was to have x coins per floor that increases by x coins per 10 floors. What I mean by this is floor 1-10 could give 7 coins, floor 11-20 could give 10 coins enz. This way you get rewards based on how far you go. To make it competetive you could also make a ranking for the highest floor reached. I also hear people saying ‘100 floors? where do I get the time to play 100 matches carefully?’. Jup, you’re right. That’s why I propose this to be a in a similar time period as Path of Valor. Let it stretch out over a long time so everyone has enough to time to participate if he wants to. I really like the idea of an event that no one is able to beat, gives the end game players a focus to work on.

Another way of making more heroes useful is to have more/new tournament rules.
I get this is a tricky one because these rules would require you to have a deep roster while others might not have those yet. I’d be interested in tournament rules where you can play only 1 color, only a few specific classes, season 1 only, only fast/average/slow heroes etc. This one needs to be carefully worked out though.

The last way is to make an option to destroy a maxed hero in order to get resources. This could be food/iron/few gems/a single AM. Nothing to crazy but at least the hero would be useful and it also fixes the problem of not enough hero space.

I’m curious what you guys think about this ‘problem’ and how we can solve it!

TL:DR:
Players have to much maxed heroes they never use. Could be fixed by more ToL stages, more tournament rules or destroying heroes for resources.

Ursena, Kage, Poseidon, Misandra, Ariel, Tarlak and even Atomos (since his buff) are very useful. 5 of them I use regularly in war, events and titans. That’s just the 5*. Wilbur, Proteus, Triton, Gato, Mnesseus, and Namahage anyone? These heroes are not obsolete and in many ways are more valuable that their counterparts from S3 and S4. It’s all in how you use them.

That’s why I don’t disregard any of my leveled heroes. I have 130-150 fully leveled heroes. Maybe 5-10 of them I don’t ever really use. With events, mythic titan, raid tourney and tower their are definitely ways they are useful.

A 100-stage tavern of legends that requires 500 heroes has to be the worst idea I’ve ever read on this forum, and that’s saying a lot. Why do you hate people so much? :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, I really can’t imagine that one going down well. That said, there will be some competitive types who will race each other to complete it in the first day - there are always some. And they’ll succeed too. The rest of us will be slogging in the rear as usual and will either get to about half way before running out of roster, or give up after a couple of days, depending on how demanding RL has been in the meanwhile. And it will be hated - oh, how it will be hated. It will be hailed as SG’s worst SLAP IN THE FACE TO ALL PLAYERS yet. What do you mean, it isn’t mandatory? It’s in the game, so of course it’s mandatory! To be fair, that’s more a judgement on the player base than on the suggestion.

1 Like

Been playing for years now, but took a break when neutrals were introduced. Back now for 7.28.

What’s the deal with the classic hard carries feeling so weak all game? Spectre and Dusa especially, but even AM feels like a chump. So many heroes I used to consider early or mid-game heroes now continue being incredible well into the late game. Ursa, for example. Is it neutrals? Buffs? What’s up? via sxprojects

Hey, this isn’t Dota 2 forum but welcome regardless :rofl:

3 Likes

@yoyotje

This is a fascinating and original post. The thoughts about future direction are very intelligent. It inspired me.

I think you are inadvertently touching upon the future direction SG/Zynga may be taking with the game.

1 Like

Inari is awesome LBed.
I use Posey every alf tank I face during war.
Sorry, you’re wrong.

perhaps the new tomes that have been touched upon recently will be used to “recycle” heroes for materials. I have no evidence to back this up but just a thought.