What small tweak would drastically change a hero?

Obakan moving to Very Fast would compensate his weak attack, making him a serviceable hero.

2 Likes

Yeah …man if you think inari is bad then you are either new or need some help. Inari is epic against aoe heroes, her tile damage is monstrous, I have won so many battles becuase of repeated dodges doing something even heals cant do. A better idea might be seeing if people can help you underatand the use of heroes you have with your roster before you just call them bad.

1 Like

I have been playing for over a year and am consistently in the 2500-2600 cup range.

I have used Inari against many aoe heroes and when every hero gets hit i usually get 2 heroes to get a fox minion maybe 3 if I’m lucky. Her ability only lasts for 3 rounds, it’s VERY easy to work around her.

1 Like

Not 100% sure, but if I recall correctly, Santa’s special also drops defense and attack for all enemies and also spawns minions for all allies. Giving him the the ability to dispel either before or after aplying damage would make him OP in my oppinion.

1 Like

Inari is good for that random lucky chance here and there, but it is way too variable and unpredictable. What happens when you save Inari to fire before a AoE hitter and no one gets a minion? Cause that’s happened to me plenty of times.

Maybe as a 3rd string war team she’s fine. Her tile damage on titans is phenomenal. But for a competitive hero in raids, she doesn’t cut it. At higher levels, the unpredictability and dependability on rng is too much of a risk.

He does 150% AoE damage
Gains minions for everyone
Gives attack down to enemies
Gives defense down to enemies.

150% with his terrible attack stat does nothing. That little attack stat with a slow speed is useless.

So basically he is only on your team for the debuffs.

Would you want to have a slow hero who just gives everyone a minion, does attack and defense down? Look at that and then compare to what Mother North does.

Santa has potential, I just think he needs to be tweaked a bit. I think his order should be:

Attack down
Defense down
150% to all
Minions

150% with his ■■■■■■ attack stat will become good with a defense down but it’s not suddenly going to become earth shattering and game changing.

Edit: Like I have said in this thread before and the whole point of this thread. These heroes aren’t ■■■■. Each and every 5* has a use somewhere. Though some are much better than others. I thought Santa was going to be exciting and amazing looking at his ability but now I’m just finding him Average. There are better heroes I’d rather have fill his role. I’m only suggesting the tweak so I wouldn’t find better heroes to fill the role. He is serviceable and does the job well, but not as great as I thought he was going to be.

She’s not though. She works great in a yellow mono stack and her ultra high tile damage makes 4:1 viable as near mono w off colour benefit as well.

Inari may not work for you, but when other high diamond players are telling you they have gotten her to work, believe them.

She doesn’t need tweaking - but I’d support a buff because hey, good for me.

1 Like

She works very well for me. And I’m high diamond and raiding top 100s and 4500+ teams on the regular.

I fully understand that she has high tile damage. Cool, so does Margaret. Doesn’t stop the fact that both basically guarantee a win in raids when I see them.

About your comment about listening to players, I often do, but not when they are mr Texas man who immediately thinks you are a dumbass for not liking her.

I have yet to hear solid arguments for her in raids. The only viable thing is her high tile damage.

Also, once again, the ENTIRE thread is about heroes you were excited for as you thought they were gonna be awesome but did not turn out how you expected. Inari has a niche use, but she is not what I expected. That’s why I think a buff will bring her to the potential that her hero design should have. At the moment, she is only good for tile damage. If she summoned right away, then she would be viable and see much more use.

Inari is like a mini low-rent Mother North or Alby. Instead of maybe resurrecting dead team mates she maybe keeps them from dying.

And if she does, the dodge comes w a great mana boost.

She’s a match influencer when she fires. She’s won games for me at the most critical times - when boards turn bad.

You don’t need to feel as I do. And you don’t need to like her. But there is no question that like many players, you’re under rating her.

1 Like

Inari is an offensive hero. She’s serviceable on defence in platinum league but the bot does too poor a job timing her special to be good on defence, so of course you win when you see her - a) she doesn’t belong there and b) if she’s on a defence that indicates the person you’re hitting either doesn’t understand the game well or is very limited by their roster - indicating weakness across the defence.

But if that’s the measure you’re using - then Frida/Eve/Panther all fit in the same boat - I don’t fear any of them when I see them on defence - but they are three cornerstones of my offensive mono stacks. And they’re not “niche” heroes simply bc they are more suited to offence.

When she is paired in a defense with a counterattacking tank she is pretty good. She clearly isn’t the best yellow for overall usage but is she can prevent a dispel or charge the right hero she could allow a hero to live enough to cast his one or more specials, very effective with Mother North or Alberich too.

Think mana generation needs to change. Average should be 9, not 10. With the unforgiving boards, u have a better chance of actually using a cool hero. Defense has no down side vs your offense. Boosted defense and 100% damage even vs opposite elements and they hattack multiple times as if they had a x10 combo.

I have inari, love her, and find her 90% useless. By the time I activate her, battles over. She has fox minions so she has minions. I like the way she is, but I just cant activate her…

Inari is like a mini low-rent Mother North or Alby. Instead of maybe resurrecting dead team mates she maybe keeps them from dying

That’s a lot of maybes, rng reliance, and caveats for a 5* when comparing to other 5* heroes…

That’s the whole point of this thread. She has potential, but she needs a lil tweak to bring her to the level of 5* heroes that you are comparing her to.

The maybes are the same as North and Alby. If you’re unsure if they’re awesome, I can see why you’re down on Inari. But if you acknowledge that North and Alby are two of the best heroes in the game, then I have no clue why you’d be down on Inari who’s just a notch below.

1 Like

Because they at least have abilities that go into effect immediately in case their rng part of their ability doesn’t go through.

Inari solely depends on rng to do anything with her ability. If she summoned a minion right away, then it would be a different story.

To be fair, I think Inari is useable and fun, but the major differential between herself and the others is that they both have some (in Alby’s case pretty darned good) effect even if they don’t proc, the RNG attached to Alby and MN is also not dependent upon the defense for activation, and they certainly do not require specific defensive setups for efficacy.

Additionally, MN and Alby do not NEED to fire early in the match to have optimal effect. They provide the capacity to recover from horrible starts to a degree that no other heroes can provide.

3 Likes

Well I originally came over to this thread to amuse myself by saying adding an extra 0 to the end of a hero’s damage percentage would constitute a small tweak that would drastically change a number of heroes but see this conversation has significantly focused around Inari and Santa so I’ll drop some of my small change on them…

Inari: Whilst Inari isn’t on my list of heroes I’d be arguing for a buff right now I don’t think the original poster’s suggestion that Inari should summon a fox minion for all and that the dodge produces additional minions would make Inari too OP. I mean those fox minions are seriously flimsy even for a minion that they’re not lasting long against slash/tile attacks any how whilst at least giving something guaranteed in her special.

I agree with @Mr_Style_Points on the Alby/MN comparison. Indeed Alby’s additional perks are enough that I’d still use him even if he had a nerf tomorrow that removed his revive abilities. Whenever I see arguments (typically comparing the two) about Alby/MN in which they’ve been reduced simply to who has the higher revive percentage it becomes clear how many don’t appreciate how much of a hole Alby’s mana regen can dig you out of having no useful tiles on the board.

Personally I’d much prefer to see Margaret get a buff but then again I’m biased in that as there was an instant healer that gave all allies a dodge buff that I loved playing with in another match three game that really makes me want to see what Margaret would be like with a heal over time added either to herself and nearby allies or all allies. But as I say I’m biased on that.

Santa: Santa is designed to be a stalling tank, his bulkiness combined with blunting your attack stat is meant to buy enough turns for his supporting defenders to charge and kill you whilst your defences are down. His small amount of damage is there simply as an added bonus. Santa’s effectiveness at tank depends heavily on his supporting cast.

Unfortunately it’s attack whether raids, events or titans that bag you mats rather than defence at the end of the day which means that whilst Santa does what he was designed to do well, that role may not necessarily that useful for your roster.

Though having bagged Santa myself with the free EHT SGG have out on Christmas Day last year (never powered him up as I already had enough serviceable options if I needed a red tank that an additional defensive focused red wasn’t needed) I’m not gonna stand in the way of you trying to buff him - I don’t think it will be successful for the reasons outlined but if you do perhaps I might actually power him.

Personally, I would say the best tweak for these heroes would be for them to actually show up on my roster.

2 Likes

I’m sure I said this somewhere but I can see the parallels with @zephyr1

1 Like