What should I be strengthening for raids?

Yeah, my alliance – very uncommunicative. They don’t talk much. Like, if it weren’t for system messages, the chat box would be all cobwebs. Even the spiders would have left out of sheer boredom. They’re there, because somebody else is putting dents in the dragons while I’m reloading. But conversation seems like a foreign concept to them.

Sounds like you need a better alliance

@npnky, probably. I’m still pretty new to the game (as if that wasn’t obvious to any semi-literate forumite), and it’s my first alliance. They all seem to be noobs too, with much lower level heroes than me, and doing about half of my damage against titans. But they are getting new members every few days, and they are active enough against titans that only two of the last 10 or so have escaped. So I’ll give it some time before I think about bailing on 'em.

Danny, do you have anyone experienced to guide you and the others?

Loyalty to an alliance is admirable, but your loyalty should be earned. Believe me when I say that an active alliance that helps teach you is as important as a good set of heroes for new players.

There are a lot of great teaching alliances. Find one that you mesh with and never look back.

1 Like

Hi. I’m only a fairly new player of around 2 months and purchased a yearly VIP about 2 weeks ago (provides daily increase of 30 gems plus a couple of other things) but don’t expect to spend any more doe for a while, I’m only at level 16 atm and on stronghold 11 just about go to 12 and hover around 500 to 600 cups.
I’ve enjoyed thus far and learnt quiteva bit reading these forum posts. I see a lot of complaints about players being disappointed because thier not moving up ranks at a faster speed.

I like to say these people that this way of thinking is no different to real life where you get an apprentice with no skills who expects to be paid top dollars from the start. This is just a game to be enjoyed and not a competition to get to the top. It’s about trying and finding different ways to better your own skills with what your given and chose your battles wisely instead of trying to beat those with experience.
I already have 3 x 4* heros which I’m now working on building up and these where gotten by through spending 300 gems at a time when I have them and a couple through other means (can’t remember how right now) but my point is that you can achieve good things uf your smart about the way you do things and concentrate on your own game rather than worring about how far ahead others are and trying to catch up to them.
I found replaying already completed levels not omly quickly increased my materials but help me better my fighting skills as I found that no 2 replayed matches are the same. I remember only a couple of weeks ago having as many as my 2 training grounds with about 50/60 loaded heros in training and my recruits maxed out aldo at around 60+ and couldn’t level up my heros fast enough to make room.
I mostly concentrate on upgrading only 1 of my 2 craft to the max and same with my training grounds which i have 3 of with only one maxed and only upgrade the others when I find time between levels. I concentrate most of my resources on upgrading food & iron storages to keep with high amounts asked for everything but I plan every upgrade carefully mostly concentrating only on food and iron buildings and upgrades as I found the rest will keep up accordingly during the games progression.

So what I don’t understand is when I read posts about players complaining that they have been playing for 4 or more months and/or spend heaps of dollars to try and get ahead faster than what the game is capable of allowing them. These people should sit back and take a breather and start thicking about what this is which is just a game to pass the time and not a competitive tournament of any kind and they find themselves happier for it.

Remember the apprentice who does get lucky to find some idiot to pay him more will find themselves without any respect and in many cases without a job sooner than later because nothing beats experience and learning from them. What you will find is the experienced ignoring you because all can do is whinge instead of learn.

So enjoy the game for what it is and be a better person for it.

Just like to add that I totally agree with a comment made above which stated that creating an empty space in battles and then using that empty to increase you heros power to continue fighting is my most used method for winning battles and I just like to add to that that I never complete (as much as I can control it and the allows me) a battle round without first loading upnall my heros power first this way I start the next round always fully charged and with an advantage over any opponent. Just a thought for food to hopefully help you along your troubled journey.

Hey, I started this thread not to complain because I’m not moving up fast enough, but for tips and strategies on how to be more competitive in raids – which I’ve received, thank you very much. Big difference. Because it was frustrating getting roasted by seemingly inferior teams game after game. And I do throw in a few $$$ here and there to support the devs in some small way, but I’m not dumping hundreds into a GAME. I’m perfectly content advancing as fast as the game will let me, or at my own pace, as long as the game is still fun to play. I am not going to get caught up in that must-advance-at-all-costs nonsense that I’ve seen far too much of in other games.

Sorry, but your sermon is a bit misplaced here.

1 Like

Hey I also thought of a great series of posts I read awhile back, written by @Blaaarggle_Blaa. I’m not sure how to link pages but it was called ‘raiding in the top 1000’…While this might not describe your current competitive level, there was some great information and all-around advice on raiding. If you have some free time to browse, perhaps take a gander.

3 Likes

Thanks for the shout out @badassninjadad

This may help @DannyLinguini Raiding in the top 1000

I ran into the same issue @DannyLinguini is hitting. The first part is 100% applicable to the “wall” you have hit. I feel it is the same wall I hit…

IMHO

2 Likes

Part of my problem when I first posted my pseudo-mini-rant was that I was very thin on food supply and either didn’t have enough to re-roll or just didn’t want to blow what little I had. I now have a decent stash where chunks of 1200 are more easily expendable, so I can roll for more favorable matchups. I’m now winning most raids - thanks in no small part to advice I received here - except when I get a little adventurous and go after whoever pops up first regardless of their ranking, and among those endeavors I’m probably 50/50. My only issue now is that I run out of energy and have to wait until it replenishes to keep playing! :rofl:

3 Likes

So what do you do in world battles that are all (or mostly) purple or yellow? I’m looking at 16-4, which is all purple. If I stack my team with two or more yellows, sure they may be stronger attacking, but they’re also weakest defending. I haven’t been able to beat it yet with my highest ranked ‘balanced’ team (one of each color). And unfortunately my alternate yellows aren’t very high yet. This is where I think I may have hit a temporary ceiling with my team of one 4* and four 3*'s, or at least getting close.

With yellow or purple, I double a neutral color and leave out the weak color. So against all purple, I would replace my purple hero with blue, green, or red rather than yellow.

1 Like

I did finally beat it with my balanced ‘A’ team (one of each). But I might try it again replacing purple with my next highest hero of whatever color just to experiment.

Now what about the yellow? Leave it in or replace with another blue, green or red?

If it is really getting difficult in the world map I would say it is time to pause and start farming the lower province to make your heroes stronger. It’s not important how leveled you are or how far on the map you are, it’s about how strong your team is. I suggest farming 5-8 as much as possible to get those backpacks and level up your heroes with the swords and backpacks RT1 and RT2. Also don’t research any levels in the training camp that you don’t need this will help you save food. If you’re spending some I would suggest sticking with the levels 1, 2, 4, 11, 19 and 20. If you’re free to play maybe level 13 but priority is rushing to TC20 and starting those heroes. Use TC4 as recruit storage and later on TC11 as a recruit storage to constantly pump out feeder heroes.

Edit: Here’s a more thorough explanation for recruit storage from GryphonKnight. [Play style] Recruit (RT4/ RT11) & Food (RT13/ RT20) Hoards- Updated 4-14

Here is the Empires and Puzzles Bible with a ton of stats and useful information. I typically use the “best level” tab the most to see where I should farm. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19fcmMLrBiXLt0rhnUXE68ONZIPorWS5qUXdKCm-0br4/edit#gid=1209151993

2 Likes

I actually do spend most of my time farming the lower provinces. Once every session or so I’ll try to beat the next stage, and advance until I can’t, then go back to farming. I was stuck on that one stage for a couple of days. Good to know about 5-8, though – the game has been really stingy with backpacks the last couple of days, when of course I’m all out of them.

Definitely use the 2nd link I post often. It’s so useful especially the best level tab.

I had the exact same issues and thoughts as you and was even with allowing holes to recharge my heros.

I found that looking at there abilities before attacking helped a lot aiming for first thier health and strongest hero, meaning one that replenished the others to me was far stronger an opponent than one that does 300 damage.

So my first step in any battle is ridding those that feed the rest of the team first and then use a hole to recharge mine.

The other thing that help me a lot in map wars was to make sure that alk my heros where fully charged before finishing off the last hero as that gave me an advantage into the round where I could start off doing the most damage to their strongest brfore they even get a shot in.
Nice way to stsrt a battle don’t you think.

The rest depends a lot on how the tiles fall because I often see that I am left without options but one and that’s usually not the tiles I would like, but hey that’s the game and what majez it fun. It wouldn’t be no fun if it was always easy would it now.

Hope these tactic help you.

Cheers

1 Like

So sometimes it doesn’t matter what you do, if the game decides you’re going to lose, you’re going to lose.

I needed two more hero kills to finish the Heroes challenge. My first opponent is one level and about 150 cups lower than me, I figure sure I should beat this one or at the very least get two kills. The gods decided instead to have a good laugh and give me one of the crappiest set of tiles I’ve seen in this game yet. I had one hero left when I finally managed to kill the other’s tank. The tiles were just lining up against the worst possible targets, no combos, nothing more than 3’s anywhere, and they had a healer who had everybody back up to full health before any of mine had enough mana to take a shot. I ended up, and I still sit here with 39 hero kills, waiting another 20 minutes for more raid energy.

I desperately need a 3* or 4* healer, but I’ll be damned if there’s any such thing to be had whenever I amass enough gems for a pull. The closest thing I have is 2* Sha Ji, who gets killed so fast it’s just a wasted slot.

Just venting a bit here, I know the law of averages says I’ll get something I need to fill that void at some point. But boy there are some pretty miserable times waiting for that to happen.

Belith is a 3* green healer and Hawkmoon is 3* red. They occasionally stroll out of the summons gate

1 Like

Wow – I just snagged Melendor from the event summon. Unfortunately my only other 4* is also green – Little John. I was really hoping for another color healer, but I’m not gonna complain about a 4* grab like that. I’m sure I can find a slot for him. Convenient that they’re also offering 5 packs of 200 gems for 99¢ right now!