What motivates you? Why keep playing?

Yes, I hear you.
Our alliance has lost a few good people who have quit the game.

I still hang on, for the nice people and the fun chat.

But it would be nice if we could do some more activities among ourselves.

Actually, I chose this game because it has an ingame chat. Loved that in my last game, and love it now. (alliance chat, that is)

7 Likes

Not offended and i always push for change if its good for the game

Hopefully your week gets better and your frustratating woes go away

I get that way myself if you cant tell by posts similar to a couple of your recent ones

Usually a small break or just alliance chit chat vs public chat is a good way to fix it

Few different ways to fix it but the list would derail the thread more than this post already has

Best of luck man, keep playin if you enjoy it, if you stop enjoying it then hang it up

It’s a game and not a job/chore

Same thing i tell my teammates when they act like titan or war is a chore, i look forward to ever titan/war/raid flag i burn, if a player hits a point that they dread those things or have to remind themselves to do it, it’s time for a temporary(maybe permanent) break. Can always keep in touch thru Line and other medias, don’t need SG for that

1 Like

I still enjoy playing this game a lot, which is probably a good thing since I’ve invested quite a bit of money into it, and perhaps my investment also contributes even further to my devotion for the game…The honest truth of it is that this game could actually use an enormous amount of improvement in my opinion. The game gets incredibly stale, and it does not take late game for this to occur. I remember feeling that this game was extremely sub par when I first started, all of the stage progression and general character advancement seemed pretty stale and was comparable to every other game I had played. The main difference of course is the puzzle board, and to some extent the elements. And then of course there is the community. There is another game I play called endless frontier, and it’s their community that gives that game the longevity that it has, same with Empires and Puzzles.

Two things I really enjoy. A sense of endless progression where I am always collecting and building up heroes/items/buildings in an effort to diversify and keep getting stronger. The other part to this equation is an amazing community of folks that I can nerd out with and share this experience with as well. This game has nothing short of an amazing community and I’ve been a part of 2 alliances that fit that bill. My current alliance is Conan, and these people make it an absolute delight to play this game. There are many other things this game actually does do quite well, but this sums it up about the best I can.

Also, I’ve been playing since February 2018, so 11 months now :wink:

To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

3 Likes

@Branwen,
Yes!
20 ROFL emogies… Roflmao!

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
Good response :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

One good thing about spending in small doses (vip and nothing else) is there is always something to push for. Every hero token that drops feels awesome. There is a thrill to getting a 5* from a TC because my roster is thin. The rare quests are vital and exciting to see. Challenge events are genuinely a challenge even for the 3* levels. Trying to up my titan game and working with my mid level alliance to try fun ideas out for war. The alliance members keeping it low key and fun with no pressure to hit certain scores. And so forth.

This is a year in. I have one hotm (aeron) and a few months of vip. As much as I am envious of people dropping screenshots of wave after wave of 5* many hotm or event stars I wonder how satisfying it is and wince at the grind to level them.

I was heavily involved in another match 3 game before this and helped found what became a top 3 alliance that led to a collection of nearly half of the top 25 alliances but the pressure to keep hitting scores as a non spender in a crazy power creep environment with mounting bugs where a single glitch knocked you down from top 5 to out of the top 100 for a 2 dayevent vended that experience . This is far more moderate game and there really is no #1 rank to chase for most so I’m happy with my lot. Keeps my occupied on bathroom breaks if nothing else :slight_smile:

Yup, just imagine those of us who spend nothing

I puked* Obakan the other day and wasn’t really that upset by it as I’m short on 5*.

*was a typo but still reads fine

2 Likes

Exactly. I spend a small amount and I am always working on leveling and getting better heroes. I don’t see boredom on the horizon for a while.

@Gruntface there is something very refreshing about your comment. I think maybe i just take things too serious and i think if you play this game and spend exhuberent amounts it makes the game a complete bore.

Maybe the real course of this game is for f2p players.

I can completely see that. This game 100% is not for spenders. If it were, then there most definitely would be a point to getting most every 5* hero. But as it is there is really no point to getting 5* heros other than the ones that can be pulled at tc20. Not sure the developers realize that they made a game that discourages spending but in all honesty, after 2 years of playing, that is exactly what I believe they have done.

Thanks for you insight.

2 Likes

I don’t think I quite agree with you. There is another thread called “not getting value” or something similar. I believe it’s more like this. If a younger player pulls say 30 in Atlantis, they can get excited over new heroes like Wilbur or proteus or pick your hero. However, if you’ve got all and maybe a duplicate of some, then you are only really looking for a single hero or so and that can get tedious. So I don’t think it discourages p2w per se, but does not feed into those types of games where you spend and spend and spend cause there’s something new every day. It does give the newer people a viable chance to catch up as well (despite many threads saying that a new person can’t catch up) as you can gain many heroes, though older event and hotm will be harder. You never know, the rabbits may never come back or may be replaced with something else that likes to, uhm, multiply.

Just a different perspective. Hope it matters and helps.

2 Likes

Hi I’m also quite new to the game. What motivates me amongst other things are the quests. Particularly the event quests. I thought the legends event was superb. Not too sure about the Ninja tower. I can muster several teams with peers up to 3200, but I’m stuck on level 13 on the first day. Using dragon attacks, bombs and various antidotes and mana, I just can’t defeat the enemies. The stones are a great idea but their not killing me the bosses are! Seems a shame that on the first day of a 5 day event I won’t be able to advance. Any thoughts?

1 Like

In which term? It will take at least 1 year them to build stronghold lvl 25 with HA lvl 10. If you buy VIP as well. Maybe a bit more… so its far from a qucick catch up.

I really waited for the Tavern of Legends in this week… but developers are made a statement and they shifted by month and reduced it to a bimonthly events…
So now they reduced the option and chance to summon old HOTMs…
Again newer players like me had reduced chance to get old HOTM and catch up with the old players. I was willing to spend on tavern but now im reconsider it.

Back to the original topic why am i still playing? Its hard to say as now i want to quit after the changes which happened in the recent month.
I still playing as i was invited by friend of mine and i want to help to our alliance but its more like a loyalty towards people and not the game.

3 Likes

What motivates me to keep playing? My stupid brain being addicted. It’s that simple. :laughing:

4 Likes

Addiction.
I don’t know what else i can do if i unistall this game… watching phorn maybe :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Do you have Line?

As to help, I’d really need to see your roster in order to give pointers, or let ya know if it’s even doable

ID: randapanduh

Every game comes to an end. I even got bored playing the Witcher the 3rd time through. If you have a roster of 30-50 maxed out 5 stars, yeah, what’s to come? I’m in the middle, getting the feel of being finally able to grasp the basic elements of this game and im enjoying it a lot. But I have also invested close to a 1000 bucks on this game and this is the big difference to the Witcher. How do you let go of a game that you are so heavily invested in? I’m not there yet for a long time but I’m already fretting that moment…

Well, To those who have spent a lot in the game… They still have the account and everything you built and can leave and back whenever they want. It´s not a waste, like going out for dinner is not a waste when going to the toilet. Or leaving your old car in the garage as a memento while using a new one.

It´s just the same that a runner who pays hundreds of dollars fo racing some Marathons. It´s a waste? No, of course not, quite the opposite it´s an investment on enjoyment. And people can choose paying for races or just going for a chilling run around the park.

1 Like

I don’t really know. I guess the fact that I already spent some money into this game is also a factor. I don’t think I put too much, nor too little, so in my eyes a moderate amount and I don’t regret it honestly. Even though I’m sticking with 20€ a month since the start of 2020. Supposedly, I enjoy it even with it’s flaws (for me it’s mostly too low pulling odds for 5* and my really bad pulling luck curse, which just won’t get away).

In almost 3 years I had a feeling of quitting more than once, but after a short break I started missing the game again and I got back and played regularly, again! And that’s how it goes with me till this day. It makes me feel that I invested into the right game, if I start missing it after a short while.

2 Likes

Is it the game itself, or the alliance friends you have? The camaraderie within the alliance is the thing I miss most…celebrating/lamenting summons, the excitement of a close war…it’s certainly not shuffling a few pixels around on the screen that keeps players going for years on end. Lol

2 Likes