What makes you want to join a particular alliance?

What a great question!

As a leader, having clear expectations that are followed by all is a huge plus.
Specific heroes or number of maxed heroes?
What are the titan requirements?
War expectations?
… and what are the consequences?
I try to always make these known upfront so the person seeking membership knows what to expect and isn’t surprised by any actions that may come if they fall short.

As far as finding members… being active on the forum so your alliance name gets some publicity is always a good start. If you raid someone from the forum, post a screenshot or mention it here. Post an ad in the Recruitment Section and be sure to keep it updated.

Keeping members… have fun! it is a game, never lose sight of that. Interalliance challenges are great ways to keep things fresh and fun. Be fair and consistent, but always balance it with understanding. It’ll be tough at times, but it’ll be worth it.

Good luck!

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever really paid attention to names but I’ll start doing this now!

2 Likes

I guess the only answer I can give here is what initially drew me in to joining my first alliance.

I was a noob and went to global chat to ask some very noobish questions. Some guy started hounding me, telling me “you should join our alliance!” “we’ll teach you everything you need to know!” “come help us kill titans!” “you’ll be perfect here!” “c’mon man, join our alliance!”

Me and my noobishness, I didn’t know what the purpose of being in an alliance was. Didn’t even know what a titan was. I had totally planned on just playing solo. But… I was clueless and needing answers, and this guy seemed hell bent on force feeding information down my throat, so I finally said “okay, I’ll join your alliance.”

“… now how exactly do I do that?” :laughing:

Long story short, they were a friendly and chatty bunch. Designated as a “training alliance,” so I (and many others) learned a lot from the veterans. Very much enjoyed my time there, until too many membership changes resulted in the whole overall atmosphere changing, kinda all went downhill from there. Still miss the original group, and wonder whatever the hell happened to them all (I know some of them moved to other alliances, but I think many of them just quit the game altogether).

Probably best to focus on recruiting new blood. Those who seem like they might actually stick with the game for more than a day or two. Also make sure to keep tabs on them, help them out with any questions they have, etc. Old blood might just be there to merc - or worse, to spy and/or lower war morale. Veteran players might bring more to the table in terms of heroes and abilities, but they might also be a bad fit for your group. If they come in and start immediately comparing your alliance to their last one… “oh you guys are only hitting 7* titans? my last alliance was killing 9*s” “you have a guy who hasn’t logged on in two days? my last alliance would’ve kicked him out already” “oh you guys don’t do mono tanks in wars? you should really do mono tanks” etc. Nah I’ll take a fresh sculptable noob over that any day.

1 Like

Although now I think about it I think I did get one of your lot with a lvl 20 Telluria and I just went “reroll”

mine’s only +12… no reroll necessary. : )

I’m +10…I think you’d get the revenge :joy:

1 Like

I feel Line app is better then Discord( just cause of sharing photos and vids). It’s fairly simple- google “Line app” download it and install. Then message a few people and they will gladly show you the ropes- invite you too some groups etc. ( if you happen to screw that up just remember your line contact and post on here- so people can help you) . I see Math posted her line app in a post here - good start. Once your rolling-and no your way around then invite your guildies and start your own “alliance room”. You can probably hook up with some smaller alliance to make 30 from line chats etc. Etc. Anyhow, try that and see what you think and remember- if you see any beta content on Line close your eyes real fast and skip over it- it’s a three year prison sentence :crazy_face:

1 Like