What makes you CHASE Avatars?

284802AD-DE5E-4DFD-BD87-19EC10242E46_4_5005_c

Seriously, how important are Avatars… unable to see the value to spend, hence I collect them for free via all types of sources. I don’t even chase the farming stage fellows… they come, they come & I use…
But
to pay for them, Nah !!

What is your reason for chasing specific Avatars ? via …Paid or Play a LOT !!
Whats your current Avatar ? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t know anyone that pays for avatars but does not pay for other stuff in the game. So I view it as someone has spent x amount of money and they decided it’s worth the small amount extra to have a unique identifier.

I like the season 3 mission avatars because most of my alliance doesn’t go for it so those are unique to me. The math to get those avatars doesn’t make sense but I do it anyways.

3 Likes

For me in my alliance, avatar chase is for showing progress on certain event, seasonal, map season, mythic titan, etc… so that we can see each other, what was doing.

And some of my alliance pay only pin and background, but not the avatar, because maybe avatar is expensive and already have many options to set. And also Background and PIN is not available on all free achievement in game, except maybe last event #ChooseToChallenge to get free PIN :raised_hand:.

And the point of avatar is to show off :muscle: :wink:

5 Likes

I’m a mug and paid for an avatar but it’s because I liked it. Uniqueness is a thing that’s hard to achieve in a global game but it’s nice to stand out I guess.

But most of the Avatars I get from game I don’t even like. Only Gaderius was ever interesting and I did run that for over a year.

Here’s me though.

4 Likes

Screenshot_20210510_125104
I like her as she’s unique. Too common no one bother having her as such makes it standout :sweat_smile:
Just felt she’s my lucky charm.

4 Likes

Love the lizard, but why pink and sunglasses? Not as primal, as Godzilla… Well, I guess, de gustibus non disputandum est… wear it long and prosper :vulcan_salute:

Just a bit of fun :joy:

I have a pile of the emoji. I just like the cool shades one the best.

1 Like

For me when you get to a certain level it’s just a grind. Trying to squeeze those final avatars out of season 2-3-4 gives a little purpose when the maps are mundane. Rarely use them but dammit, I achieved something!

Cheers!

5 Likes

For me it’s just a minor achievement thing. I’ve never purchased one, although I have purchased PoV but never specifically for the avatars. I do try and complete the mission ones and will try and collect all the mythic titan avatars. Small goals ya know.

1 Like

Cannot care less bout avatars

1 Like

tempFileForShare_20210511-075424
Same reason for me. Richard might be not the smartest guy (refering to the promo videos :slight_smile: ), but he was the first 5* i got. And hey: his heart is at the right place :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Currently, Sonya. I don’t chase avatars but would like my national pin. The thing that irritates my most about winning avatars is that that the moment you step into that part of the shop and see nothing you like, you lost the loot. I find Avatars in the forum way more meaningful.

2 Likes

Missions are part of this game. They can be seen in the Missions tab. Completing it shows the level of dedication of the player. While other players religiously finish those missions that provide valuable goodies as rewards, some would care less about the avatars. I for one am working on the avatar mission, Wisp of Gold. Before this Valhalla Forever, I was still lacking around a thousand. Now, it is now down to 48. Will be done before this VF ends and will use the cute avatar. No value whatsoever only for aesthetics. Currently using Stompshark avatar of S4. Also missing 3 out of 5 mythic titan avatars.

1 Like

I would pay to upload my own avatar… if SGG would let me LOL.

But for now… I’ll go with this.

Why did I buy a pin and background? Because I don’t have any other customization options to fiddle with when I am bored.

But to be honest… never gonna purchase another bg, pin or avator again. I assume This part of the game just won’t improve in the future, considering more important improvements are needed.

3 Likes

Lately I tend to use the Vivica pet dragon avatar since for some reason it seems to seriously annoy p2p players :slight_smile:

1 Like

She looks like Capt. Kathryn Janeway… a formidable vibe indeed.

1 Like

I think they should get with the times and offer non-fungible avatars for those who really want to stand out. Any fool can kill a few hundred Stegosaurian, but what recognition does the first person to kill 1,000,000 get? Congrats, you finished the challenge event, but what about the person with the all-time high score? For those who don’t feel like putting in the effort can now buy a featured avatar for 1200 gems, but how about giving those who want it claim to the original for the price of a small house? But how would we tell the difference between all the copies and the original? There is a very simple solution, just put a diamond frame around it, and make all of your alliance mates running around with gold frames super jealous.

1 Like

No background, pin or fancy avatar for me. My avatar is Marjana. I put on the completion avatar of big milestones (season completed on normal or hard) and post a message on my alliance chat saying « showing off for 3 minutes Sharp » and revert to Marjana 3 minutes later.

2 Likes

I will chase one if it kinda looks like me or I think I can cosplay them at some point !
So like bertila,Francine, Valeria, Natalya,in summer Delilah , lady lock ,morgan lefay and kill hare are ones I have or would buy

3 Likes

Killhare avatar is free. You may already have the avatar. If not, wait till next Springvale event and all you need to do is finish the legendary quest.