What kind of event is Wonderland, Seasonal or Challenge? [ANSWER: Reflect Green Challenge Event]

heroes

14th February we have an event, still not sure which event will be.

I assume if all go smoothly with Alice, we can hope to see the Queen.
Otherwise same cycle.

Petri said “new” not “next:slight_smile: so I think it will be Alice :smile:

Yes, i guess that’s what they want too.
Not great problems or different opinions in beta, so it is likely to be the new one.
Still that’s not official.

If we get a new version before that date, i bet we see the wonderland event in the release note :wink:

The screenshot I’ve seen that has a schedule is not from beta. It looks like a Wiki site, not the official forum. In fact, it has the same typo in June as your post. More likely than not, someone with edit privileges on that site is in beta and assumed that Wonderland was coming in February and filled out the rest with the known rotation/timing. No conspiracy theory necessary.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

@Rigs @Petri

If he got a talking to, I feel that I should stand up for Rigs here. I am the one who put the dates up on the wiki. I have zero access to any beta information. No one from beta contacts me, nor do I know who is and is not a part of the beta. I put the information there as speculation as an educated guess which will absolutely be adjusted moving forward if my current hypothesis is proven inaccurate.

If you would like to see the approach that I have taken regarding leaked beta information, then I would like to point you to the page on what many have declared is next month’s HotM, Kunchen, where I declare only the bare basics. By compare, I have actually seen all of the hero cards associated with the Wonderland event, and have chosen not to put any of that information on the wiki. @Petri If you at SG would like to have a hand in assisting with the wiki, I have contacted your customer service over a month ago with no response - a response would be a great way to start that conversation.

I wanted to air this out because of Rigs declaration that he was confused why his post was edited and he was personally contacted. I simply wanted to offer a defense - the error in the June date was consistent with my own initial error (which is now corrected, thank you for that). As such… He should be absolved of any wrong should anything have been done as a result. He simply didn’t know that I haven’t beta contacts and assumed that I might.

(fwiw - the assumed schedule is still there. I’ll adjust it when February happens and we know for sure one way or the other. I figured that my original order has zero chance of happening since it didn’t include Wonderland at all, so I might as well make an educated guess and work with that assumption until proven wrong. :slight_smile: )

Thanks for clearing this up :slight_smile: . I don’t see anything wrong with speculating a schedule (I would label it as such in the wiki), and I only guessed someone in beta wrote it since that’s where the original time frame was posted (and subsequently posted elsewhere, but that’s beside the point). The only thing I was attempting to assert in my last post is that there is no need to frame the information as a supposed leak from an uber-secret official high roller section of the forum. A more reasonable alternative explanation exists that excludes any nefarious intent or wrongdoing.

Thank you for helping to maintain the wiki, as it is a great resource to many who play the game :smiley:

Good call. This is the first Big Release since I’ve taken to the wiki in which I’ve seen so much leaked stuff and I’ve debated on how to cover/manage it. I’ll be sure to mark non-live stuff more clearly in the future.

The beta freakout thing has always been overblown. For Season 2, I got the secrecy, it was a huge reveal, and really a massive expansion of the game in a lot of ways. Challenge event heros and dates? Whatever. The Wonderland heros were up less than an hour after hitting beta. Saw them, know full well they might (and probably will) change, and I’m fine with that. It’s just nice to know generally what we’re looking at for planning purposes. To that end, I kind of wish SG would just tell the general community what they are putting in beta and what the general timeframe is for release. No photos, just descriptions.

As much as I agree with you that having that information for planning purposes is important for serious players I also know exactly what would happen.

• If they put out projected dates people will freak out when they inevitably miss a projection.

• If they put out hero information people will inevitably complain that they spent hundreds/thousands (or whatever quantity qualifies as exorbitant in their own currency) of dollars (or own local currency) on gems only to have the hero changed. “It’s a bait and switch!” they’ll cry.

• Some other stupid conspiracy theory to accompany all the “random isn’t random” conspiracy theories.

I’ve seen it happen with other games where developers that were really engaged with the community gave out information (especially estimated release dates) on unreleased content and the backlash after that information really soured the relationship.

Basically, any large population will have enough vocal idiots to ruin things for the rest of that population.

I’m not offering an opinion on the decision. But I think the problem was this statement:

I have no idea where Rigs got his dates (and I’m not asking to know). But he flat-out said that SG had released them to a select few (Beta? APL? Big spenders? Top alliances? The implication is unclear).

I assume it is this claim being made alongside the posted schedule that made Petri hot under the collar.

But having said this, we probably need to drop the discussion about moderation decisions. If you feel strongly about the issue and want to talk about it @CheTranqui, I’d recommend you ask Petri to PM you.

The paranoid fear of speculations, beta leaks and whatnot must be a syndrome connected to those actually participating and the staff. It’s totally ridiculous. For everyone else, such information and discussion is merely interesting and helps to keep our attention up.

For outsiders it must seem like we’re discussing super secret, important stuff in here.

@CheTranqui do you have Line? My id is jrigs

I still did not see the screenshot i posted on the wiki. And SG has banned it from being posted, if you could look at it and link me to the same image, that would be great

If this was all a big misunderstanding on my part, I’ll openly admit that. But that’s the biggest reaction I’ve seen from SG staff to something I’ve posted since i started playing so definitely has me suspicious

Nevermind @Garanwyn showed me how a browser could have been used to view the wiki with similar color scheme to what i have. So i stand corrected.

Just 1 big misunderstanding. Thanks @Garanwyn and @CheTranqui

At least now we know wiki info can’t be posted to the forum

That was only due to my not sufficiently marking something that wasn’t live in the game. It should be perfectly safe to quote and link to the wiki. Every other page that refers to non-live material states as such clearly. That schedule was a new addition and I hadn’t thought there to be a need to incorporate ‘tentative’ wording. It has been corrected and the dire nature of such warnings is now at the forefront, which will keep it from happening again.

It’s perfectly safe to link to and quote the wiki.

I didn’t spend much this month in hopes that the wonderland event and heroes would be released in the first quarter of this year. Glad to see it’s true!

Yes, just wanted to clarify that posting E&P fan page links (such as wikis) is perfectly fine (and thank you @CheTranqui for all your hard work with the wiki). Claiming something as official information, however, is not.

That being said, seems like there was indeed a misunderstanding and thank you @Rigs for clarifying it.

New Event Information

So that rising palace thing is final set of stages or are you guessing?

I don’t think we know for sure yet, but we do know there will be 270 stages:

And we know there are 10 stages per Province so far, and we know there are only 24 Provinces shown on the map:

So the logical possibilities are either more stages in some of the remaining provinces, or more Provinces that are not yet visible.

Atlantis Calendar & Guessing Returning HOTM [Currently discussing Feb 2019 Atlantis]

Lol! Now I feel dumb because that makes total sense. Thank you :).