What Its Like Being A #traitor Due To Not Following The Flock

I think that is kind of the point. Spending is good for the company. But nerfing heroes and buffing only the strongest is not good for the players. Ergo, not spending and making it clear that refraining from doing so is a result of the proposed balance change applies pressure on SG to adjust their proposed balance change in a way that is more favorable to players.

4 Likes

New heros etc keep many interested in game. Change is good.

1 Like

Watch Mr Spock on Youtube, he talks about the game a lot (i suspect that’s the game in question). Personally, i think youd be mad to jump into something very similar after all thats gone on here :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Lowratehitman
I watched your video and I really can’t believe that somebody feels so bitter about SG/Zynga and E&P that they decided to find you (and probably other youtubers) and call them a traitor.
I noticed that something that should unite all players is actually dividing the community, because some people decided to attack those that still want to spend their money on that game.
Personally I’m very neutral about this movement. I’m enjoying the game as it is, I’m not upset by nerfs and other changes. I don’t support it, nor do I criticize it. Let people play as they want to.

Have a nice day. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Was this widespread criticism or one comment?

Just interested to know as some comments above appear to apologize for the whole movement, which doesnt seem due based on the example presented. Even this forum is prone to trolls, and its much more closely policed than Youtube comment threads which are a bit of a Wild West at times.

4 Likes

Removed from the comments section as the YouTuber (the OP) reported it.

As stated in the video, I just delete or block the comments.

Firstly I was a liar, and it never happened, and it is just for attention.

I posted proof.

Its really not about me, yet people stepping out of their lane.

Rubbernecking in my video comment sections will be a waste of time.

2 Likes

Id let the debate rage in the comments section, rather than blocking. Its all traffic to the channel and who cares what keyboard warrirors write?

Because what happens is that my channel turns into a toxic playground for others.

Kind of like the current state of the forums :rofl:

3 Likes

All I’m going to say is this, it’s funny that there’s three or four other threads about don’t spend. But the one thread that saying, let me play without being labeled, is being attacked. Maybe you should just turn this into a “go ahead and play your game your way” thread instead. That way all the nonspenders and those that want to do that movement can stay in their chats and others who want to spend without judgment can come here and vice versa.
:popcorn: :kiss:

Or they can do as I have done, bite my tongue, shake my head, laugh, and go to the next thread.

5 Likes

Gratrefully Empires And Puzzels is very mild when it comes to trolls, which most complaints are about spending or troop levels.

10 years ago while doing Dust514 videos getting 10-30,000+ views a video with 100s of hate comments daily, than dealing with toxic forum drama kind of hardened my skin.

On my channel I try to promote positive vibes for the most part.

I am a dedicated daily player and uploader, and only promote Empires And Puzzles in my videos.

Unless i do a random game review

5 Likes

That shouldn’t be the case though. There are plenty of mature enough individuals but there will always be drama queens one way or the other.

You can support them and cheer them on, while not participating. Equally, it isn’t hard to say “Nice pulls” to someone who chooses to spend their OWN money on their entertainment even if you don’t spend.

World we live in :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Sorry to hear this, hitman. I like your videos. Totally uncalled for and stupid of these people.

4 Likes

Anything online with anonymity has the potential for folks to be abusive or negative. It isn’t like they showed up to your place of residence to yell at you or called you via Line at 2am to tell you what they thought of you.
If a person wants to spend money on a match three tiles gatcha game, that is their prerogative. The #nospend movement is about sending a message to the dev regarding how some players feel their issues with heros are being ignored; it isn’t about antagonizing individual players that continue to spend on the game during this effort. There can be outliers that miss the plot, trolls just being trollish or possibly false flaggers. There are all types of people in this game: some are amazing, a few are jerks.

8 Likes

That mentality probably worked 15 years ago, but dosent really jive at this day in age.

I get what you are saying due to myself having that mentality at one point in time.

Same thing growing up with the sticks and stones mantra as a kid… which only creates a fallacy.

It is not ok being a disrespectful person anywhere.

So if able, I just block BS, it is my right and freedom as a human.

8 Likes

Thanks Dyna. I scrolled right passed it.

In @Ralsha’s defense it came a crossed as dishonest to me also. Because I didn’t see the comments, but mostly because of the conflicting message from the video:

"I don’t keep up with this crap…so I block’d 'em, I don’t caaaaaaare"

I don’t care, but care enough to delete comments, make a video and a thread.
Immediately what popped in my head was this:

IMG_8228

A movement to get money out of politics.
It got undermined… and mutated into some kind of homeless tantrum.

@Lowratehitman, sorry you were attacked on YouTube. And I can’t blame you for “not keeping up”. I’m just as guilty swiping to the bottom here.

If you ever do look:

You’d see the heart of this is with you, and that you are NOT a traitor.

Hope you have a good weekend

7 Likes

Man I do Youtube by myself in German language. Just to entertain and provide content for the community. As I started I thought it may would be helpful to keep the game alive.
Kind of a newbie to the game peeps told me instantly I’d do better to stop posting. My Gameplay, my Troops, all not good enough.
The same Dudes giving me a high five today for my content as I got better &better :man_shrugging:
Don’t worry
Just keep it up bro.
Do what you love, no matter what

4 Likes

Lets catch up to the spenders and close the gap. Make the game fair again. Lets spend to catch up.

1 Like

You pirates…so contrary

Well since it’s been merged I guess this now becomes the # PlayYourWay / #YourWalletYourChoice thread. @Lowratehitman you’re not alone LOL :popcorn:

1 Like