What is the worst topic ever

I managed to find my current alliance from the count to 20 thread maybe you should try counting how many people you could recruit from there.

8 Likes

It’s here, but it petered out in the summer

Tag!

5 Likes

It would be fun if not for @zephyr1 and @rook ruining the purrade

7 Likes

Wait!!! There’s a Latest feed? All I’ve ever seen are categories. That’s where I go for recruiting…and counting! :bouquet: :heart: :smile:

5 Likes

I got it!

Just found the topic I don’t like the most.

Get rid of war aid. Deal with it or opt out and go raid…

5 Likes

here it is @littleKAF

3 Likes

I concur. He’s annoying.

Don’t worry, I’ll personally see to it that he doesn’t post here as often. :wink:

1 Like

Oh! Oh! But wait… before I take a break… can I annoy people just one more time? For old time’s sake…

I really don’t think 1.2 million players read this forum every day.

I really don’t think most people come to the forum to look for an alliance. I think the majority of players find their alliances in-game.

And finally… if your alliance is only recruiting players with 4k+ TP and 2500 cups, or whatever the usual “big bad tough guy greatest alliance on earth” alliances are usually asking for… LOL.

Let’s just be completely honest here.

99% of those types of high echelon players either already have alliances that they’re very happy with, or they’re quite content being alliance-less mercs. So if only the top 10% of players meet your minimum recruitment requirements, and 1% of players read the forum, and only 1% of that 1% of 10% of people are even actually looking for a new alliance…

Those who do regularly use the forums, are experienced at the game, and are actively looking for an alliance, well I’m guessing they’re probably smart enough to figure out that the best place to look for a new alliance would be in that one category conveniently labeled “Alliance Recruitment”. If they can’t figure that out, all I can say is, have fun holding their hand while they try to figure out what the heck a titan is. :roll_eyes:

But hey, if you’re running a training alliance, very simple - set your alliance to open and trophy requirement to 0. If you don’t get at least one random person joining your alliance every week, you’re doing something seriously wrong (my private “invite only” alliance got at least 3 join requests every single week before I set the trophy requirement to 4000)

Sorry if I’ve ruffled your feathers, Mr./Ms./Mrs. Thinker. There are just some things I don’t think I’ll ever truly understand. Back in my day, people took real world violence seriously, and played video games for fun. Now people commit real violence for fun and take their video games seriously. :man_shrugging:

Oh well. It is what it is. Not my world, I just live here, for a while anyway.

Have fun all (or try to anyway).

13 Likes

8hrs. 8hrs before i can like this.

3 Likes

Okay, just a few more (hundred) words before I log off…

I’m not saying I’m permanently quitting the forum (sorry to those who were hoping for such)… just probably won’t be here as often. I’ll try to refrain from posting 50 times on the counting thread - and no, not just because it annoys some people. I’ve been annoying people since I was born. I’m pretty sure my own parents tried to drown me in the bathtub several times when I was a baby. They couldn’t keep me quiet, so there’s no reason for anyone else to think they can either. There’s only one person who can shut me up, and that’s me - hah just kidding, I can’t even shut myself up. Only death can do that. And I truly believe that the only reason I’m even still alive is because death doesn’t want to deal with me either.

I just might take a brief respite from here to focus on other things. No offense taken from the many members who dislike me, or those who tolerate me but like to give me a hard time, or anything like that. You guys are all awesome and I wish you all the best. I’m still playing the game, albeit less enthusiastically so (RNG blah, hero pulls blah, loot blah, quickly approaching an ascension/pull wall where I suppose I’ll eventually just have to start feeding my feeders to each other just for ■■■■■ and giggles, blah). I :heart: most of you all (and hell, I even :heart: the ones I don’t :heart: just because, at least you gave me something to rant about, no hard feelings on my part and hopefully that’s mutual).

I like this forum because it taught me things about the game, and I got to shoot the breeze with other players while waiting (and waiting and waiting and waiting) on flags to kill whatever titan or fill whatever chest to get whatever crap loot, then ■■■■■ and complain about said loot. I spent a lot of time in chat in my first alliance, it was fun, but inevitably drama ensued (I won’t pretend to be blameless, I know I can get on peoples’ nerves, but honestly most of the drama wasn’t my doing). I’ve been using this forum as a way to fill the void now that I’m in an organized, drama-free, but antisocial alliance. Tried to help people on here (mostly unsuccessfully because I don’t really know what the hell I’m doing myself), tried to make other people laugh (mostly unsuccessfully because I’m really not that funny to anyone but myself), mostly just tried to entertain myself (and it was working for a while).

I know I annoyed many of you in the process, and I apologize for that. That was never my intention. Apologies to the devs for my foul mouth, my mother tried washing my mouth out with soap many times but as it turns out, most soaps taste better than her cooking and the average bar of soap also has more nutritional value than anything she ever fed me. :grin: Apologies to the members that I’ve annoyed with my corny jokes and useless, ridiculous posts; I just like to laugh, and I can find humor in even the most groan-worthy of jokes. Apologies to those that I’ve disagreed with on certain issues - it’s not personal, I just have opinions, like everybody else. And opinions are like ■■■■■■■■, everybody has one and we all think everyone else’s stink. I do enjoy spirited debates though, regardless of which one of us is stupid and wrong (and I’m willing to admit that said party is probably me 50% of the time).

Anyway… thank you all for the fun, I’ll probably stop in here and there to post some really long rant that most people will never read, just to let you guys know that I’m still alive. And I’ll try to drop a lame poem or something in the staff appreciation thingy just to let them know that I don’t take it too personally that they never give me anything good :angry: :wink:

Zeph… keep an eye on that counting thread. Should be easier to shut it down without me around. Sarah… keep giving Zeph hell on that one :laughing: Saph… keep making that art. Jonah… keep on barding, brother. My presence was never needed here as long as you’re around. Rook… sorry I called you a “he”, I just refer to random internet people as “he” when I’m not sure of their gender. To all those others I haven’t mentioned personally - don’t take it personally. I recognize most of you when I see you, but you’ll have to forgive me if I forget little details here and there. I personally can’t even remember what I had for breakfast this morning. Or if I even had breakfast this morning. (what day is it, anyway?)

And also, a special shoutout to Jedon, never chatted with you but I hope you’re doing well.

I’ll still be around, here and there, just maybe dropping down to 5 posts a day instead of 50, and might skip a day or two here and there. So you can all breathe a sigh of relief on that one. :+1:

12 Likes

I was tempted to flag you @TGW for being waaaaay off topic - would keep our mods distracted but only for a second to keep counting :thinking:. For the record you’re not annoying, and I’m not quite sure why you’re apologising to everyone - most puzzling.

Take care my friend :smile:
Apologies to the OP (now I’m waaaaay off topic).

10 Likes

Meanwhile in a bunker underneath Helsinki…

23 Likes

Hah! This thread is titled “What is the worst topic ever”. The answer is literally anything and everything I’ve ever posted. So I can say anything here and never be technically off-topic. :grin:

I’m just apologizing for being an oddball. I don’t feel guilty about it myself, I’m used to me, and I’m actually quite fond of myself. But I realize that I’m an acquired taste, and not everyone has had the pleasure/torture of having to live with me 24/7. :wink:

Anywho… I’d better stop now before I get tempted to post 47 replies on the counting thread and/or insert my uninformed opinion and/or some ridiculous joke on every other thread, or go on a rant about how I keep getting trap tools but can’t pull a compass to save my life (what the hell am I supposed to do with all these stupid trap tools if I don’t even have a single damn compass?)

its-a-trap-32146204

In the meantime, I’m trying to reacquaint myself with a game that I haven’t played in over a year, and finding myself running into walls and jumping into pits to my death because I can’t for the life of me remember which button does what. Just checking in here because I need a break after dying 437 times in a row. :crazy_face:

7 Likes

@TGW, For the record, I don’t think you’re annoying either. And we could use you in the counting thread, actually. We’ve been stuck at 26 for an hour with no mod in sight :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

26 means you’ve already won, and you did it without my help :wink:

Don’t worry, the mods are sleeping. I put a little something extra in their night caps (nothing dangerous, I personally consume 10x the amount I gave them on a daily basis, and I’m not dead yet).

I suppose I could drop a 27, but I’ll pass on 29+, wouldn’t want to drown out all of those very entertaining and informative recruiting ads.

5 Likes

Worst topic everyone? All the topics in languages no English speaking person can understand!!!

2 Likes

I also dislike those.

Not because I have anything against their languages, but how the hell am I supposed to post ridiculous replies to a thread posted in a language I’m not fluent in?

Wait a minute… what am I saying? Google translate can easily make me sound ridiculous in any language, with zero effort on my part :grin:

4 Likes

Fun police here ma’am, we’ve heard mention of the “F” word being thrown around quite carelessly.
Mind if we take you down to ask you a few questions?

@Sarah2, you have the right to remain silent
If you choose to give up this right and begin hurling number at our ears we will me forced to use this sock to silence you.
You have the right to an attorney, we suggest The Count, he’s had many successful defenses of this particular offense.

Now come along quietly

6 Likes

Too funny @PapaHeavy :rofl: :rofl:
Guilty as charged :socks:

6 Likes

Yo @TGW, you ARE kidding right? You aren’t seriously leaving? I mean that would be downright depressing? I actually started to look for your post, what can I say I’m a glutton for punishment??

But really rethink this horrible idea of yours. The Xbox and PlayStation will still be there next week, unless the Hamburglar pays a visit to YOUR house too!

P.S Borderlands 2 was my favorite game for quite a few years. Now BL3 is out and man am I a mess. I’m throwing grenades at myself, driving into walls, can’t get in or out of vehicles and I thought purple weapons were legendary…:joy::joy: so I know exactly how you feel

I expect to see you bright and early tomorrow which happens to be today!!

4 Likes