What is the best 1-2 punch / Hero Pairings in the game?

Frida does not do alot more damage, they basically do same amount of damage.

Grimm: 716 atk x 295% = 2112
Frida: 733 atk x 290% = 2125

So hitting with Frida first is better.

2 Likes

That is true for the main target, however Frida does 290 x 3 enemies whereas Grimm does 295 to 1 enemy and minor damage to other 2 enemies.

So quite a large difference in overall damage dealt.

2 Likes

ahhh yes, this makes sense. I did not do the math on that one, but I would like to know as well. I guess I was just looking at the main target, for example if 1 was left or vs titan.

Lol on top of ur head… U got a great memory lol

1 Like

Mine is frida and grimm with crit troops of course i have kiril to make it even better. I used to have two fridas and grimm but my other frida got left at 2.60. But with just my. Frida and grimm i typically knock out 2 to 3 heroes firing frida first to bring element defense down then letting loose with grimm.

Let’s do this! I’ll use base max stats without factoring in emblems, and we can sort of ignore defense since they are very close on max attack rating anyway, that calculating with defense in mind will only be a very small difference anyway.

Frida has 733 Attack x 2.90, and hits 3 targets for that amount.
733 x 2.9 x 3 = 6377.1 (call this “damage factor” as it isn’t the actual damage number you’ll see, but it represents a number we can use to compare)

Grimm has 716 Attack x 2.95, but hits the sides for half, so:
716 x 2.95 x (1 + 0.5 + 0.5) = 716 x 2.95 x 2 = 4224.4

GRIMM FIRST:
Grimm hits for 4224.4 damage factor, applies -34% Def to enemies
Frida hits for (1/0.66)x6377.1 = 9662.3 damage factor
TOTAL = 13886.7

FRIDA FIRST:
Frida hits for 6377.1 damage factor, applies -54% IceDef to enemies
Grimm hits for (1/0.46)x4224.4 = 9183.5 damage factor
TOTAL = 15560.6

Conclusion: Hit with Frida first. It should net roughly 12% more overall damage than hitting with Grimm first. Plus, she also dispels the targets’ buffs too, so potentially Grimm could benefit from that also. (Sometimes in a raid, if I need to clean up or finish off someone, I’ll sacrifice Frida by having her bash right through a Riposte from Boril, Cyprian, Elena, etc. and then Grimm whomps them afterwards. Do this with tactical intelligence to win raids… don’t just kill off Frida for nothing. :wink: )

6 Likes

It’s actually more dramatic than your numbers suggest because of the exponent in the Damage Calculation.

3 Likes

Do we know minor damage is half of full damage?

@maldos04, Minor is half… so Grimm does full damage to the center target, and half damage to each side. Frida does full damage to ALL THREE targets.

@Kerridoc, the exponent also exaggerates the difference between their attack ratings a bit, and depends on the defense rating of the targets too, but that would’ve made things way more complicated. :wink: But for color-stacking purposes, they are both there in either case, so it’s probably good enough to just fudge it a bit and use rough numbers for illustration purposes.

I think it is sufficient to show the benefit of the higher -IceDef going first. Unless you are indicating that the exponential damage calculation might change it to have Grimm go first?

1 Like

No, no, I agree with your conclusion; it’s only that the difference is bigger than your rough-but-serviceable calc suggests.

1 Like

Also noteworthy: in a “typical” emblem situation (as I think mine is), one might have Frida emblemed up to about +7 or so but emphasize Defense (since it plays into her Paladin talent); whereas Grimm might be heavily talented (mine is at +18) and may very well be pushing that Attack rating through the roof.

So the “base max” situation doesn’t illustrate that the swing may go even more heavily in favor of Grimm going second. My Frida has 748 Attack, versus my Grimm’s 827. Fun, fun. :smiley:

Good gaming!

2 Likes

My Kiril / Grimm / Lepus combo just did 909 damage to a +6 Hel, and 879 to a +6 Misandra.

Wilbur + Azlar

Value of mental damage - priceless :rofl:

Wu Kong + massive tile combo

is my best 1-2 punch. :smile:

1 Like

Lol just know most heroes, especially the ones in my roster, like the back of my hand. So much useless E&P knowledge taking up storage in my brain, that I’m glad there’s a forum where I can at least try and make use of it all somewhere :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Lol same here. I used a few of your suggestions in the past on a who to ascend post so thanks for that.

1 Like

Frida into Magni Is my most brutal but not always my most reliable combo. My commonly used raid team fires a +20 Kiril into +7 Frida into +20 Grimm while +8 Magni cleans up some scraps. Those 4 with Kuchen about all I raid with anymore.

1 Like

There are some great combos here.

I do want to chip in to say that any two of Magni, Lianna and Sartana together are also a great 1-2 combo.

Those two can take down pretty much anything.

Remember the above post? :slight_smile: Thanks to the new Pirate heroes, here’s the 5* version of that:

Finley Magni

(Alasie, Alice, Misandra, etc. can be used too instead of Magni)

2 Likes