What is "poach" in alliance?

Any sufficiently advanced explanation of phenomena can seem like a conspiracy theory to the uneducated :rofl: To flagrantly mis-paraphrase Arthur C. Clarke

I have always had my issues with my group, some come grow get larger but come and then go. Thatā€™s all ok when you are a leader of an alliance, but when a player joins up to pull good players out of your alliance that just sucks. I went from 10 good players to now only 6 just so they can merge to a higher team for the bonuses and such. My little group has always been little and thatā€™s ok. Just sucks to lose good players cause they have changed the gameā€¦

How exactly did they change the game for this to happen?

It has always been true that you get better rewards in a stronger alliance. You will be hitting stronger titans. You need to decide exactly what type of alliance you want to have and work on getting players that align with that type. You sound like a casual training-alliance type with newer players coming in and learning and then leaving to increase their potential elsewhere. Which is all good. Nothing wrong with that at all. Quite similar tyo mine actually, except we have a core of strong long-term players who like the casual style of play.

But you have to realize that many players will not be satisfied with that and will leave. It is hard to find a like-minded group of players if you arenā€™t intent on being ā€œat the topā€. If a poacher comes in and lures away a bunch of players likely they would have moved on anyway. One option is to make the alliance invite-only to keep poachers out. But that will often deter the newer players from joining too.

1 Like

My alliance has recently had a couple of players join just to make a recruitment post on the allianceā€™s board. One just posted it and got out, another had to be repeatedly kicked out because of this. Is this considered good form? Is there a way to permanently ban a player from an alliance, besides kicking them out every time theyā€™re seen?

This is generally seen as not appropriate game play. The easiest way to stop it is have leadership change the alliance to invite only. Unfortunately this can stop you from picking up legitimate members.

@JonahTheBard @littleKAF @zephyr1

Can one of you direct this towards the right discussion?

1 Like

What is "poach" in alliance? this sort of thing has come up before.

Edit. Belatedly, welcome to the forum @Caete :smile:.

Merged. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I saw it in our alliance once. Player popped in, posted ā€œCome join us at xxxxx, kill 9 * / 10 * titans, win wars.ā€ Then immediately left. No one joined them.

Some of the comments after were priceless.

1 Like

Hello! Looked but didnā€™t see this discussion. Thanks for getting my comment where it belonged.

2 Likes

That would be an invitation for my alt account to join them and leave after war starts :stuck_out_tongue: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

To answer your questions:

No, itā€™s generally frowned uponā€¦ I donā€™t think itā€™s very successful and generally gives the offending alliance a bad nameā€¦ Pretty sure there is/ was a Line group which tracked this kinda thing but not sureā€¦

Unfortunately not, no. There have been requests for something to that effect, usually to stop a troll/ harasser rejoining alliances under a different nameā€¦
More recently itā€™s popped up around the titan poaching that has been happening after the start of the Path of Valor challenge