What if Soul Exchange is Over?

I’m surprised at the poll results so far. With the nerf mania going on, I couldn’t care less about soul exchange. Like everything they put their hand to, they managed to screw that too.

1 Like

Firstly, in my understanding, SE ain’t off but delayed & they won’t reduce the quality of heroes on offer….

• Silly to think, suggest that option.

Yes, While it is irritating, but the delay isn’t the end of the world & SG can have its time , if they are trying to sort things constructively….

• They are already dealing with a Rebellion….no point starting another front… & additional drama…

SE has Zero connection to me enjoying the game = so, No quitting….But…… Reduced summons for sure, which is already in effect….

• SE provides FuN option to get a hero I don’t have & clear up space ….

Too much player hostility on the topic of SE delay is coming for reasons other than SE….as I see it…

• Roster space clear up🤦🏻‍♂️

Patience ….and enjoy the game as a game…. & practice No or low spend….no summons…. Clean up roster of dead wood….

Cheers !

3 Likes

That’s it, isn’t it?

The majority of long term players are still here because of the alliance feature, and the friend made through there, or the forum, or both.

Scarily, the number of level 3x or 4x players with fully levelled LB2 teams of S level meta defences seems to me to have increased recently.

So, do SG/Zynga/Take Two care enough about the (forum) active playerbase as a whole? Unlikely.

As we know, everything they do is financially driven. If they are seeing through the numbers that new money is still coming in, they don’t care about the players who have been involved for 4 years, 5 years, the ancient ones from the beginning. They’re all about money.

Even if there are some employees who push back, their overlords see the $$$ signs and push for more.

However, I don’t think that SE will be cancelled - I just think this falls in the “not aware/don’t care” department.

As many have said in the past, the % of active users on the forum pales in comparison to the player base as a whole, so the chances are they’ve already made the decision about it coming on the 29th but have forgotten to communicate it.

The frustrating thing is that this really is customer service 101. It’s cheaper to keep an existing customer, and has a higher ROI, than getting new ones.

Just by engaging more and being more open, the majority of us on here would be welcoming, and enjoy discussion - not to mention appreciate the discourse. But no. Radio silence and weeks of speculation.

It really is bad community management, that could be dealt with SO easily.

5 Likes

I guess SG/Zynga are reluctant to post their SE 5 star options because the majority of those 5 star heroes are in flux with the ongoing Big ImBalance Update…

What will be posted in SE is all subject to:

Round 1, Round 2, Round 3 of future change…
In fact ‘multiple iterations of change’

So to post a SE @tm would add to the player dissatisfaction don’t you think…?

4 Likes

Will we demand more stop spending on this too?

Depends. If no announcement, no spend. If get announcement, but no Miki…WE RIOT!!!

4 Likes

I just thought of something. I think the developers were intending to feature G. Panther (non-costume) this time around, but are considering doing something to her base costume form because they realized that she would be running rampant in defenses who already have one, super saturating the game with a broken hero that would have to be super nerfed like M&M.

Since Soul Exchange has started my stats show that chance of a 5* has changed from 5% to 3.3%. I run tc20 non-stop and track all the pulls so there is enough data for correct results.

4 Likes

I actually see soul exchange as something BAD.
It’s just feeding whales even further.

Normal players DON’T have 10-20 heroes extra every 2 or 3 months which means they are just giving to those who already spend like crazy and have enough heroes and make the situation worse for f2p and moderate spenders.

1 Like

It’s amazing you are tracking every TC20 in the game. Can I ask how you are doing this?

Because I’m sure you’d know that to provide actual scientific data that you need to blend all the results to give this as a fact.

2 Likes

I would not agree with you. I buy only premium and sometimes diamonds when I need to collect for 10 summon. 3 camps works permanently on 5* summon and for feeding I use only one and academy. Till now I skiped SE only once. Depands on your strategy and owned heroes but I found always possiblity to pick up someone.

And to be clear- im also little bit annoyed that se is not announced, but itvis funny how people complain because of this. When it will be told who will be for exchange people will complain on this also and promise quiting

1 Like

I guess we’d all have to level up all those level one hero of the months lol.

1 Like

I highly doubt the whales care too much about it, they’re trading 10-20 feeders to get 1 feeder, as most would have chased the heroes upon release and in the following portals. However it clears up roster space for them, which might slightly decrease their need to spend to increase it. It’s a good thing for all involved, if they’d just stop meddling with the heroes that free and cheap to play could benefit from. It’s hard for some to get excited about heroes in it, which in turn kills the desire to spend on the soul exchange portal. If I’m short a 5 star, or 3 of them, and the portal guarantees them, I’m not going to spend out of fear of their hero balancing scam

3 Likes

it is beneficial to all players.

many in my alliance are happy to get mn, loki, ludwig, Milena… etc and they are happy to find more value in tc20 and unlucky s1 5* pulls.

4 Likes

This makes the most sense to me …

Back to topic … I actually have yet to use to SE feature on the first one i had 15 to trade i now have 24 …(off top of me head)

So it hasn’t had much of a impact on my game sure i am excited when it comes … But im a bit picky haha … Realistically i have no idea when ill have heros to exchange each time it comes around …
So bascially i wouldn’t quit id be annoyed as where im putting these heros as roster space id like … Also no way im doing ha10 unless that improves mine is on troops and thats the way i like it.

2 Likes

I am not a whale and am playing just over 2 years. I do spend a bit, true.
Still, I think I could exchange 40 heroes if needed/possible this time

Every measure from above, there will always be a counter-measure from below.

No SE=No Summon (pay for it)=Nospend
5star hero will become fodder…^⁠_⁠^

I think a possible alternative is to have trades available. You would only be able to trade with your own Alliance members, each member would have to be part of the alliance for at least 30 days so you don’t get people jumping around, and you could trade 3 stars, 4 stars, and 5 stars. But you have to trade 5 stars for 5 stars and 3 stars for 3 stars. All heroes in the trades have to be unimproved or they become unimproved once traded.

2 Likes

Have you reached out to support? I have and received a cryptic response to check the forum topics and only read the posts by the moderators. So I did. I found nothing pertinent about the timing or even if there is a release coming.

I do think customer service is important and a little information in an announcement would be the bare minimum. I am not sure why this is so cryptic this time around. The last several times, SE has been placed on the official calendar at the beginning of the month when published.

Obviously, this is important to many users. Hopefully they make an announcement soon.

2 Likes

Can you post your response that support gave you?