What happened to First Atlantis Deal?

I went to buy the Atlantis deal and it has changed. Instead of $1.99 for 400 gems and 25 atlantis coins, it’s significantly different at $9.99 for 300 atlantis coins, 350 gems, 30 loot tix, and 3 WE flask.

Is there a way for me to pull up the original deal? I just want some cheap gems and coins for summoning.
It wasn’t up for very long…W.T.F.? Nerfing Atlantis Rising is having some seriously whack consequences…

Edit:
When two deals are up at the same time, they usually stack on top of each other. Why not do this?

This should have been included in the announcement as people were used to having the deal up all weekend, specifically past Friday night (in the US) when most everyone gets off work for the week, and starts their weekend gaming. This is extremely suspect that the deal ended before the work week did, and was up only for 24ish hours.

I’m already angry about the Nerf to AR. Now I’m extremely angry and even though I acknowledge it’s entitlement, I am angry that I no longer have the cheap deal available. Most everyone gets off work Friday night. Arranging your deals so that the majority of U.S. players miss them while they are at work, is downright dirty!

SGG, you have made a pretty good game. It’s pretty popular. Keep on this course of screwing over your players who feed you, and you will ruin it completely!

1 Like

The one with 400 gems and 25 coins comes in the first 24 hours of atlantis and it came this atlantis as well, seems you have messed it

7 Likes

There is always a time limit on the deals.
Either you get them, or you dont.
There is no way to retrieve them

4 Likes

One may even dare to say the deal…expired…

14 Likes

Indeed it is :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

To be fair to the original poster though, every previous Atlantis event had that 400 gem deal offered all the way through to the end of Atlantis.

4 Likes

Because of old HotM and AR, they reduced the first deal Atlantis summons deal by 48 hours ( 36 hours now) and added a second Atlantis summons/ AR hybrid deal.

money

1 Like

Hmmmm… cant really recall how long it lasted as i always look forward to it and buy them as soon as atlantis starts

I only noticed when I started a F2P/C2P account and those offers kept nagging at me all weekend.

SG’s change to the duration of Atlantis and then offering 3 flasks + loot tickets is something between suspicious or downright money grubbing. The WE flags that would have dropped over the course of the day that was cut off is about equal to 3 flasks.

3 Likes

This should have been included in the announcement as people were used to having the deal up all weekend, specifically past Friday night (in the US) when most everyone gets off work for the week, and starts their weekend gaming. This is extremely suspect that the deal ended before the work week did, and was up only for 24ish hours.

I’m already angry about the Nerf to AR. Now I’m extremely angry and even though I acknowledge it’s entitlement, I am angry that I no longer have the cheap deal available. Most everyone gets off work Friday night. Arranging your deals so that the majority of U.S. players miss them while they are at work, is downright dirty!

SGG, you have made a pretty good game. It’s pretty popular. Keep on this course of screwing over your players who feed you, and you will ruin it completely. Grrrrr! Anger!!!

3 Likes

It does feel a lot like somebody is just trying to meet their quarterly projections, so they can get their bonus. :confused:

I mean I’m kinda torn. On the one hand, I have no real need for Alberich or Aegir in my lineup, but the projected heroes for next month (Zimkitha and Thoth) are even worse for me. So I want to try pulling for Kingston but have no good prospects to try for. Pirates is an underwhelming pool already, Atlantis probably won’t have what I’m interested in, and Halloween is… bleh.

I’m trying to be realistic and not expect either Kingston or Evelyn in November, but I’d like to get either a Lianna or Joon since my yellow and green benches are pretty weak. I mean I’d even be alright with Leonidas. I just need something that’s not Justice or… Guardian Owl.

Idk

1 Like

I took it considering 300 AC = 1050 gems (technically if spent on summons) and I have yet to get 5* healer (and there is only Viv in TC20, who is by no means bad, but she’s 0.4% per training assuming all 5* heroes have equal proportions to be sorted) and here 3 are featured. But keeping my track so far (last 50 summons without 5*, last 12 TC20 trainings all 3*) it’ll end either badly or finally accumulated bad karma will be compensated. I mean, there is literally no other possibility :smiley:

Otherwise I have two fully-powered fast hitters in Sarthana and Magni, Ranvir for Titans and Gregorion as another powerful hitter and buffing attacks as well. I have also Miki*2, Guardian Kong, Leonidas and Isarnia, so really anything I would need except those healers. And maybe tank (Grazul would be nice at least, who is also a healer, especially since my alliance runs red Tanks in war).

Edit: And yeah, unless they buff them, Pirates suck. Peters is okay but no need when I have two Hansels and her sis, Boomer is just terrible, both Captains are jokes and Finley was nerfed into oblivion. Lady Locke and the other one are okay-ish, but not something I would try to summon for, so I’ll skip that one as well as Halloween where odds are terrible for the strongest Vampire and Valeria.

1 Like

Wow I didnt even look at when the first deal expired.

1 Like

And on a related note, I wonder if the deal that would have normally been offered on Saturday will now go away and be replaced by this thing.

2 Likes

Me either. :frowning:

My screenshot of the first deal shows it having 1 day, 11 hours left when I first saw it. Given the rounding down on counters, that looks like a 36 hour duration.
Not that I noticed the reduced time on the deal any more than most other people seem to have.
The new one seems to have started 36 hours after the first, judging by the timestamps on my screenshots.

It’s easy to say that the information that the duration of the usual Atlantis deal had changed was visible, because it definitely was, but it’s still not exactly the most customer friendly thing to do to change a long-standing and regular deal without any announcement. Most people, myself included, would miss a little detail like the changed timers.

1 Like

I knew I never had any luck on Atlantis summons but I never missed the cheap deal offered during the 1st 24 hours.
Too good to be missed.

Change

This was changed before AR was reduced by 24 hours and Challenge events v2.0 was released.

Using limited time business modeling, it makes sense not to overlap two offers. The smaller the window, more urgency. Two offers overlapping might also lead to choice paralysis and no purchase.

SGG is typical of many studios with legal departments, very little communication about IAP because that lets the paralegals and lawyers get enough sleep.

Busy time

But the first change was drowned out by the buffing of Fan art rewards and teammates suddenly wanting to be artists as the deadline drew near. If there had been a written/ poetry section, I would have participated with the final prize pool.

Oh. And for people who work/ attend school in the US, the end of summer.

Gem buff

Looks like they buffed it another +50 gems.

Coins

My alliance found it interesting because the second offer is a majority of Atlantis coins, the only offer not a majority of gems. We wondered if this would lead to shard offers in the future.

I decided not to update

([Opinion, Discussion] Effective IAP gem deals in Empires or Return On Investment)

Since the gem amount was so small.

Business Profits

You are not wrong.

Original Devs still need to meet goals for a few years or they lose a significant amount of stock/ money. Regardless of the truth, I blame these targets for Tourneys and Alchemy Lab.

But.

Atlantis gem offer is the single most popular offer among my friends. Even more popular than VIP PASS.

I blame Proteus, Wilbur and Tarlak. And in my situation, Ariel.

All game changing heroes that will not be available through Hero Academy or Season 3 currency.

So even without increased profit statements, a lot of spenders would be interested in both offers.

This month ( Grazul, Ariel, Alberich) I would have bought a third and a fourth offer.

4 Likes

Do you or anyone know if there is more than one deal? I’m used to daily deals with valhalla and after buying the first deal on atlantis, I keep waiting to see what the next deal is and if its worth it. Thanks =)

There is a second in UK its £9.99 for 350 gems 300 coins 30 loot tickets and 3 WE flasks

1 Like