What happened to Commander grey?

I won’t spoil it for you, but advance through the Season 1 story and you would find out. :slight_smile:

I have finished s1 but cant remember

Spoiler alert… You kill him like a savage without regret or remorse cuz he’s completely unimportant lol

And let’s be honest, as the new commander of the army, he’s your main competition, so he has to go :rofl:

5 Likes

It’s been so long since the game started and there is really no way to go and relive the story through galleries or things like that. But from I remembered, during the tutorial phase, he fought the Dark Lord along with 2 other companions (I think one of them was a Lianna, and the other was Colen?) so Elena can fall back to retreat and regroup, that’s the last we hear of Commander Grey.

Later on in the story, we found the Dark Lord have captured and taken control of Grey and made him fight against Elena and her new found friends, strangely enough that we never really fight Grey (as a boss). I think around the end of province 20-21(?), Elena faced off against Grey’s forces one last time and in her victory, laid Grey to rest, who in his last moments regained his own mind and apologized to Elena for his actions.

Yeah, that’s all I remember, so unless someone made a video of all the story progressions, or are just starting the game from scratch, they can probably offer better explanations than my fuzzy memory.

5 Likes

It’s too bad the Commander Grey isn’t a hero we can collect, like Tarlak and Misandra.

4 Likes

Or the Dark Lord. :frowning:

2 Likes

I think SGG should reward players either an avatar of the Dark Lord, the smoldering mountains as avatar background, or some kind of pin for finishing season 1 story.

2 Likes

Yes it would be great if L.Grey would become a playable hero…maybe we we see him as HoM or something else

The Lich King corrupted him with a toy Frostmourne, did minor adjustement to his look and his death knight’s name becomes Thorne.

2 Likes

Yes, at the beginning of the game, Commander Grey with Thunder Ultimatum (Quintus’s skill) as his skill, was flanked by Lianna and Colen. He fade away (die) while finally free from Darklord’s corruption at the end of 21th province.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for confirming that. I think most of the time some of these details (e.g. Commander Grey, and his companions) went largely ignored by players because that’s considered a tutorial phase of the game. I had previously thought Commander Grey was like Thorne, but since we don’t see his stats, we don’t know if he was built like Quintus despite using his special.

2 Likes

They should release commander grey as HotM.

2 Likes

Or any 12* titan :rofl:

Has anyone brought this up to @Petri or any of the staff? I personally would love to see Commander Grey come back as a hero card as well as the Dark Lord. @zephyr1 @JonahTheBard

1 Like

I’m not aware of threads in #ideas-feature-requests for them, so I don’t know whether it’s something they’ve ever considered or not.

With Season 3 rolling out, and revamped Seasonal Events coming, I’d sort of assume it’d be unlikely for them to revisit adding characters from the Season 1 storyline right now, but perhaps they will at some point.

My thinking was, since s3 includes Valhalla, Commander Grey could reappear as a guide for this season. Kinda like Tarlak and Misandra were in s2.

The initial dialogue screens in Season 3 feature Richard, Elena, and Vivica, so I supposed it’s possible that he could return…from the dead. :thinking:

1 Like

Have you seen Richard’s costume?

Richard’s costume definitely ADDS to my headcanon that he and Grey/Thorne are related, possibly father and son. I also always saw Thorne/Grey as the King of Corellia, with Richard being the next in line.

1 Like