What happened to 5-8 and backpacks?

I tried 5-8/5-7 but the low recruits and low xp are turning me off and also I didn‘t find many backpacks. I rather stay with 8-7. you can never have too many recruits and it drops a fair amount of backpacks too.

what about 7-1 for swords & backpack? any better?

Glad to read this topic, as I was about to think that is was just me having bad luck.

I’m farming Province 5 to 8 over and over again, but have run out of wooden swords and backpacks and can’t seem to gain anymore.

Now trying to find other useful place to farm these.

Found the same at 5-8 and switched to 5-6 which farmed a great backpack haul over a run, but that seems to be drying up (at least for me) at the moment

I personally farm 6-8, as I have recently said elsewhere, due to the items I’m looking for. It also drops backpacks, so I am satisfied there. :slight_smile:

What happened to 5-8 and backpacks? - #5 by Rook

RNG does what RNG will. I had a day recent where I got only 1 backpack in 8-7 on 10 runs and then the next day I got 15 on the same 10 runs.

Yes, but for some of us it has been going on for weeks and weeks. 12-9 and 17-1 have been working for me the last few days. More experience, different mats (including tall boots and chainmail)

I’ve noticed this the last week or so – 5-8 has been my go-to place for them, but they’ve been in pretty short supply everywhere else, too. I just get a string of cheap, slow trainings going until I get a pile of backpacks to speed things up. Heroes have been a little rarer lately, too.

Apologies for a little self-inflicted, this verse on lucious loot may bring a little cheer

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/ode-to-loot-poem-art/28888

1 Like

That was lovely! Puts a little balm on my bapckpak-broke soul :wink:

1 Like

Very kind of you to say, Flint. Search the forum for ‘ode’ or ‘ballad’ and you’ll find more verses for wars, heroes and all our other woes and triumphs!

I did Rook ) , heres is my data since patch 1.13, abt 3000 flags worth

1 Like

Nice list! I wish it had 5-8 too for comparison on packs.

I’m surprised you got more packs at 8-7 than 6-8, but that’s what tracking the data is for, right? :wink:

Looks like 8-7 is still superior

UPDATE. After @Rook’s advice, I completely stopped farming 5-8 and focused on 5-6 and 5-7 until one started to yield. 5-7 is doing it for me right now; I even got a 4-pack run this morning, something I hadn’t seen in a long time!

So my plan is to stick to 5-7 for a while, than if it dries down, go back and hope 5-8 has somehow “reset” !

1 Like

Just to follow up. After 3 days of mostly farming 12-9 and 17-1 I went back to 8-7 and 5-8 and both are back to producing as normal. Bad RNG luck or something about over farming an area? I don’t know but it did go on for weeks and a few days break seems to have made a difference.

1 Like

4-6 & 4-5 seem to give either backpacks or swords constantly for me.

UPDATE. Now that Season 2 is here, Province 2-1 sometimes gives up to 5 backpacks per run. Does anyone have a fairly constant yield in one or more specific areas? And considering it costs 6 energy to run, is it worth more than the usual 5-7 or 5-8 yield?

I notice that doing a lot of time in the province does not give you what you are looking for, it forces you and go to others to restart. I do not know what they did to the updates but it’s not the same anymore.

Ya thank you I’m going to try this as I’m having no luck today with bwckpqcks