What exactly is a Gacha? (Read before posting things about "unfair pulls")

That’s exactly as @paulon said. You buy the gems. You do whatever you want with them, INCLUDING pulling for heroes. Unless they change the wording on the rule saying that anything randomized must reveal the odds, SG isn’t breaking any rule (moral, maybe, but that’s not the point).

1 Like

Stupid loopholes :frowning:

Regardind past HotMs, i think they will be available again with season 2, isn’t it?

The beta Season 2 portal includes Hel and Perseus. My guess is that they will rotate the old hotm, in periodically.

Note that pulling a HotM from the Atlanta portal IS the summons. It’s not a bonus pull, like the current HotM.

1 Like

That’s the problem with people who came here looking for some miracle. Those who came because they LIKE match 3 games, and also the stuff that this game brings on top of it… I assume won’t get that bored or frustrated.

I would like to see different versions of match 3, like they did with those easter eggs which would explode.

2 Likes

Yup!!! Gotcha exactly what they do

Why even try if your whole group doesn’t spend megs bucks???

Rocket league released drop rates for their game on 7/23.

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/drop-rates-in-rocket-league-crates/

Incorrect gem shopping. 3000 gem 10 rare 0 epic heroes.

RNGesus doesn’t like you.

2 Likes

First, excellent post @Almeida! Really helpful and well thought out. You’re right about the pull rate included as making a huge difference in managing player expectations and experience.

The only other Gacha I play is The Walking Dead: No Man’s Land. It’s got pull rates clearly listed for both its regular daily pulls & for special events. I’ll edit with a cap of their listing system. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Very well written, and sounds exactly what to expect in Vegas. Because they have found a way around informing players, it is up to us as players to spread false odds that are extremely low and force their hand at providing the true odds. I’ll start. Odds of receiving a 5* hero from any box is 1.2%. Odds of receiving a 4* is 2.3%. Each pull is random of any other pull from any box. So a ten pull is 10 separate 1.2% chances of a 5* hero.

1 Like

Admittedly, I have no access to SG’s code so I can’t say for certain, but it seems to me that there would be one potential problem with publishing any odds. That being I don’t think they’re totally fixed. I’ll explain.

This is easiest method that I know of for setting up the summons, at would I would use. I would list every hero available in the summons. Next I’d assign each hero a number, 1, 2, 3… Then, I’d use a RNG to select one of the numbers and award the corresponding hero.

The reason I say they’re not totally fixed is that I’ve seen heroes be added and retired so the odds would change based upon how many heroes are available in the summons. Admittedly, I’m talking about an incremental change, but it’s still a change.

The only odds which might be fixed are for the HOTM. For that, I would assign a number to it then use a separate RNG with some preset limits, for this example, let’s say a number between 1 and 100, to determine if that number is selected. If it is, I’d award the HOTM. In this scenario, the limits of the RNG would be the odds.

Now, I have thought of a way to show the odds, but I believe it would have to be coded since it would vary depending on the summons. That way would involve displaying something along the lines of, “Odds of summoning any specific hero is 1 in,” whatever is the upper limit of the RNG.

Based on a number of scraps of info, I’m highly confident that the decision tree is this:

1. Select rarity of hero (5*,4*, 3*)
  2. (Atlantis and event): choose whether to pull special or standard hero
  3. Choose a hero

For Atlantis we know the odds for #2. Odds of #3 depend on the number of heroes that match the spec determined by #1 and #2. What people don’t know and would like to see are the odds at step #1, which I don’t believe change over time.

1 Like

I believe you, but doing a separate RNG for level seems overly complicated.

Perhaps, but it definitely works this way. Before Obakan and Domitia were introduced, the only dark 5* were Sartana and Quintus. When they released these new 5*, the odds of pulling Sartana halved.

2 Likes

That makes sense than and complicates odds calculations even further. You’d have a 1 in whatever chance of pulling the right star level then another 1 in whatever chance of pulling the hero you want.

If we knew the odds for step #1 (i.e. What are the odds of pulling a 5* from an elemental summons?) then the rest is easy. If the odds of getting a 5* are, say, 4%, and there are 4 available 5* heroes in the draw set, then the odds of getting any particular 5* hero are 4%/4 = 1%.

Of course there are other odds SG doesn’t publish. On the Ascension Packs, are the odds of drawing any of the parcels the same? And what are the odds of getting three draws from the pack, instead of the guaranteed minimum of two draws? What are the odds of getting a 4* troop from the Epic Troop portal? And so on.

Great post!!!

Altough i was pretty informed about the RNG concept i didn’t know what a Gacha was and the story behind it.

Ik also play Heartstone, that game has also a fantastic shop for new card packs with random content.

Just like E&P its f2p.
People, enjoy f2p games and consider when you buy.

Ik enjoy both games!

2 Likes

So pretty much more money you spend you might give us a chance… Right you rigged this more like an election.

1 Like