What exactly is a Gacha? (Read before posting things about "unfair pulls")

heroes
gacha
pulls

Not to my knowledge. I don’t believe they have ever disclosed rates.

(The percentages given for TC20 are player-recorded over 1000 pulls.)

The problem is that this game doesn’t have “micro transactions” but rather “massive transactions”. Those prices are just insane and I can’t understand how one can spend such money on pixels on the screen. For the price of those offers 28,99$/E that pop up from time to time, you are buying a proper, full game on PC. For the price of 10.000 gems – 99$/E, you are buying a brand new AAA game on PS4 or Xbox and that game won’t charge you more, you have got a full game for that price. Here, for those 10.000 gems you haven’t even got 1x 4* hero guaranteed during 10x pulls. Sorry guys, but I think that you are being properly ripped off paying something like that. To consider it as “micro transactions” those prices should be divided at least by 10.

It isn’t called gambling for nothing.

The point is, you don’t have to buy any of the offers if you don’t want to. You can take your time, save the gems and summon tokens you earn through gameplay, level up your stronghold and training camps, and train your own 5* heroes, all for free. You can complete every quest, complete every Challenge Event, defeat every titan, and maintain diamond raid tier all without spending a penny. It will take a lot longer, but you can do it.

You’re overthinking this. The main reason they are not disclosing the odds is because they don’t have to and don’t need to.

So they’re fine with the current situation where they let everyone find out on their own how the odds are by doing their summons.

One might question the ethics of this approach, but from their perspective it would be a negative to their business to take it a step further than competing companies, who don’t disclose their Gacha odds either.

So in the end, SG wins, and the player that plays for free/well within their personal (however high/low that may be) entertainment budget wins as well.

I’m not saying it’s all pretty and dandy. But it’s the current status quo.

You’re viewing this from your personal entertainment budget. I think it’s comparable to mine, because I also lay aside those 30$ offers as if they were roadkill. But we’re surely not all on the same budget, and there’s clientele for the 30$ offers, as well as clientele for the 100$ offers. So if there are players that are able and willing to afford that, that’s their prerogative.

Value assessment is also partly personal. With my limited budget my $ spent / hours played for this game is INSANE. I will add though that I don’t do 10x pulls anymore, took me just 1 to drop that ball. I do think that those are probably the worst way to spend your diamonds. I rush chests. Buy the odd guaranteed unfarmable ascension mat. Never any “get 2 of these” offers which I think are poor value. But other players love those. Or love doing 10x pulls. That too is their prerogative.

Ok, so let’s see this under a different light.

If I want to go to the movies here in Brazil, I’ll spend 50 BRL (2 tickets, me and wifey) plus around 30 more with popcorn and soda.

If I go by car, I’ll spend around 20 BRL to the nearest movie theater and around 10 BRL on parking. That amounts to 110 BRL for less than 3 hours worth of fun. That is, if I don’t eat or buy anything else on the mall, and if I go straight from home to the mall and back.

There was an offer yesterday of 3k gems, one of each ascension mat, Epic Hero and epic troop tokens and a few more things I don’t remember, that cost 119 BRL.

This means I could improve my gaming experience, an experience that will give me at worst war depth, at best, an awesome hero or two, both things, even the worst scenario, that will make me entertained for weeks, even more if I get multiple 4*+ heroes, and that would cost 9 BRL (less than 3 USD) more than what I would spend on the movies for 3 hours.

Honestly, if I can spare 110 BRL (I currently can’t, but hope I can soon) with 3 hours, I can sure spend 120 with something that will keep me entertained for weeks or months.

When I have money again, my intention is to get one offer like that every 2 or 3 months, plus VIP every month. I really think it’s worth it.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Player question - research/builds and opening thread

I agree with you - those are not micro transactions.

Prices are really high. When I saw how much euros is for that package for tickets, I started laughing.

I mean, tickets should be like 1-2 euro = 100 pieces, tops, and vip should give at least 10, not one :rofl:

And yes, gems should be at least divided by 10, then you can play, click, spend, and I think they’d get even more people spending, because they wouldn’t see it as big expense as it’s now. Then it would really be micro transaction. Now it’s definitely not micro, 30 euros is significant transaction :smiley:

Odds are still low, and even if we pull a lot of heroes, what, we’ll just spend more time farming and titan hitting to get ascension mats, so that’s again win for the SG.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Converting Forges to Barracks (and other questions)