What exactly is a Gacha? (Read before posting things about "unfair pulls")

Spot on post. Merely pressing the “heart” doesn’t do it justice. Thank you.

2 Likes

The only thing I disagree is the last part, since they’re going to re-release HOTM eventually. People who start later would be licking their chops to spend money and get Hel or Alb.

Other than that, it’s awesome to know there are more mature people here, like @redPython, who understand it’s a game.

There are people who have a hard time accepting the fact that they have to work hard to keep up with early players.

4 Likes

If there is anyone who actually needed to read this post to learn something, you should probably stop playing right away. Great for kids who play this game (I should say great for lazy parents to show this text to them).

2 Likes

If you don’t like it, play a different game. It’s a game. There’s nothing preventing you from uninstalling and installing a different one. It’s not like your life depends on it.

And before you bring the “money” argument, this is the argument bad poker players use to justify keep playing a hand they know it’s bad, just because they’re “pot committed”, meaning, in their minds, they already putso much money on the pot that they can’t give up before knowing if they’ll win or lose, even know they they’ll probably lose.

I’ll give an example. I started playing Conqr. It’s an awesome game. I love everything about it at first. Then, I spent 100 USD on it to help my faction win an Atlantis.

Then I noticed that I’d have to spend a lot every month to keep up and decided to play without spending another dime. Then, I also noticed that the region I was playing had nobody else doing it, making the best part of the game, ie conquering territories, useless, because once I conquered the areas nearby, there was no competition, I didn’t have motivation to keep improving my defenses, since nobody would attack them. I decided to stop playing. I may get back to it one day, but I doubt I’ll ever really play it as I was doing before, because the game is not getting any more popular.

I had already spent 100 USD. That’s half a minimum wage in Brazil. It’s a lot of money. But I decided that the money I had spent was not going to make me keep playing and feeling miserable. I played, I enjoyed. I was not enjoying anymore, I stopped.

2 Likes

Not necessarily. Some people just need to read it to put their expectations in the right place.

Who said I spend money, and even if I did, I can do what I want

Oh I accept it, that’s why I’m still here. I’m just stating the facts, the chances are terrible and are not released for a reason

Tsk tsk what did I tell you… anyways; I like the game, I don’t like the summon chances, no one does

I’m removing a couple of comments above that left “constructive criticism” and went into rude. Please keep it constructive.

1 Like

400 USD are 2 minimum wage in Brazil.

I know. It was a typo. 100 USD is what it should’ve been, as before.

Gacha in full effect lmao

1 Like

True, and if you’d track back my post history on this subject, you’d find out I have suggested and advocated to make these chances public. I’m afraid however, that this will only happen after legislation forces SG to do so.

2 Likes

You don’t like THIS game. You like some imaginative game that’s in your head, and you’d like this game to be that one in your head. That’s the whole problem here.

You can ‘do whatever you want’, but also, we can as well - and we’re saying - please, if you don’t like what you see, go find something else. Whining how this game is bad, scam or whatnot I’ve seen last few days, won’t make us, who love the game ‘stop believing’ and stop having good time, but more importantly - it won’t make you happy. Why you want to be unhappy?

@Almeida it’s called sunk cost fallacy, and it’s the same reason why people stay in toxic relationships as well. However, I’m still baffled how people fall for it every time. Even when people from the outside yell them - you’re not happy there, we both see it, you’re free to go, go, find your happy place somewhere else. No. They insist on staying. :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

I’m stating the cons of this game, no game is perfect

Deal with it

Edited

Thank you for omitting the mental imagery and sticking with the statement.

When unsure, please refer to the Forum Rules.

1 Like

Thank you. This is an extremely responsible post :+1:

1 Like

Amen to that. This says it all …

1 Like

I was thinking about it the other day, wondering about why SG might not reveal their odds for drops. And I’m wondering if the reason is that the rates change.

It’s pure speculation.

And it’s hard to say it’s anything but coincidence of course, but me and the mrs pulled a 5* hero at about the same time (within a few days). We pulled our first 4* on the same day.

Neither of us had had a 5* since… we have got a similar number of 4* on a similar amount of pools

That all makes sense, except that we pulled our first 4* within a day of each other, and our first 5* same.

The odds of that occurring are slim… it’s possible. But it does seem odd.

So, I don’t know, but I am speculating that the drop rate changes over time. There’s a high chance of getting a first 5*, then a decreased chance until SH20, then the rate goes up again.

This would make it essentially impossible for SG to disclose the rates, if they’re changing over time.

And yes. My tin foil hat is intact. Don’t worry :stuck_out_tongue:

(Has SG ever said whether or not rates change?)

Not to my knowledge. I don’t believe they have ever disclosed rates.

(The percentages given for TC20 are player-recorded over 1000 pulls.)

The problem is that this game doesn’t have “micro transactions” but rather “massive transactions”. Those prices are just insane and I can’t understand how one can spend such money on pixels on the screen. For the price of those offers 28,99$/E that pop up from time to time, you are buying a proper, full game on PC. For the price of 10.000 gems – 99$/E, you are buying a brand new AAA game on PS4 or Xbox and that game won’t charge you more, you have got a full game for that price. Here, for those 10.000 gems you haven’t even got 1x 4* hero guaranteed during 10x pulls. Sorry guys, but I think that you are being properly ripped off paying something like that. To consider it as “micro transactions” those prices should be divided at least by 10.

7 Likes

It isn’t called gambling for nothing.

2 Likes