What exactly is a Gacha? (Read before posting things about "unfair pulls")

@EVA01: I’d like to get clarification on this comment you made in Epic troop summon drop rate regarding increased odds of getting 5*/special heroes:

Before I drain my bank account doing pulls, do you mean the final hours of the month, or the final hours of a challenge/seasonal event, or final hours of an elemental summon, or what?

Take your pick, it’s just superstition, so whichever one makes you happy works.

5 Likes

LOL… I’m not really gonna drain my bank account, but I would wait until the final hours of whatever he’s saying to wait until the final hours of if it really does increase the odds. I can’t imagine the devs coding that in, but I’d like to at least test out his claim—just need some clarification on what exactly it is he’s claiming.

They’ve explicitly said that they have not, but people have many beliefs about patterns and timing with Summons nonetheless.

Since the odds don’t change, there’s no harm in trying out different timing.

If it doesn’t work out for you, you’ll probably forget about it.

And if it does, you’ll probably end up randomly convincing someone else to try your superstition too. :wink:

Well if you look around the Forum, you can find people claiming basically every possible combination…with many of them contradicting each other.

I think @Garanwyn tried out some sort of timing that someone was convinced had higher odds at one point, and collected data about the results.

Maybe he can share some of his experience.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s all I needed to know.

Probably not due to superstition; more likely it’s because—like me—they haven’t seen any stats on it, and are unaware that the devs have stated the odds don’t vary.

If the devs have already said the odds aren’t variable, then there’s nothing to test, and waiting until the final hours of whatever wouldn’t make me or anyone else happy. :wink:

2 Likes

Over 500 summons between a few of us showed no statistical significance for the last time-based theory. And, indeed, the distribution follows the published odds pretty darned well.

On the other hand, there’s no harm in pulling at a “lucky time” either. So…if it makes you feel lucky, may as well.

3 Likes

That’s what people need to know.

Don’t care anything about feeling lucky, just wanted to know if there was anything to @EVA01’s time-based idea—and now I know there isn’t.

Thanks! :wink:

3 Likes

Good day ladies and gentlemen,
at the moment I’m at about 5000 €.
Without having to calculate.
Score, heroes and troops consisted in screenshot to see.
Games since about 04.2017.
What I do not like is that for some time it has become harder to get 4 star climbing gear than loot or reward.
The probability has definitely been reduced for over 1 year now to get 5 star heroes and 4 star troops. This is very noticeable in the game.
Otherwise I would not complain here.
So you can lose good players as fast as you won them. I often complained to support after I got back light bundle nothing in incantation.
Support Response: “We’re sorry they were not lucky enough to summon.
Wish you continued good luck with the summons!”
And in event remaining under the top 100 times,
it is also impossible in legal and epic difficulty.
Have enough experience to be around the top under Top 100.
Nevertheless, become impossible.
No matter how much swirl wind and hourglass
I used in event livelihoods.
From place 45 I am out to the event to be pleased to place 145.
This is a betting race, who will invest the most money can also go to event 100 in Event.

There it does not make fun of investing money for the game.

Many thanks to the games makers!

Sincerely
NİHAT

1 Like

5000 : 25 = 200 per legend

Oops… :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Click on the little ï icon one the summons in upper corner. It tells u the pull rates.

Just a little bit of advice. Take what the defense gives you and make it work for you. You can get a good pull, awesome …if you don’t ow well it wasn’t meant to be. Sometimes you have to look at it that way. Personally I’m grinding diamond status with four stars. Anything’s possible just put it together with what they give you. the less money you spend, the less you got to worry about ,and the more fun you have… take it easy.:v:

3 Likes

I finally read this post. I read it a bit too late. I didn’t go ham over spending, but when i began, I thought to myself, “Hey, I’ll spend a few hundred dollars, get some 5* to work on and then get a head start on the process.”

I learned too late that this game has a DOUBLE Gacha system.

Not only do you need the 5* hero but you need to gather super rare ascension mats.

I love this game for what it has done in combining aspects of all the games styles that i love. I will keep playing, but I know that I have an addictive personality. I have rage pulled. I have gotten frustrated and spent more than i should have while chasing a specific pull. I have kept 2 of every 3* (rest are feeders), nearly every 4* and of course every 5* that i have pulled (even Mok-Arr and Atomos - May they soon be fixed).

Knowing that I now need to play for years to level them up all the way, emblem them, I have been able to slow down on spending and focus on the things that matter most.

I will pay for VIP. I will buy the Atlantis deals. I will pull only in Atlantis, for the ascension mat chest.

These are now my new reality and helps to limit my spending to the areas of best gain. I just wanted to outline my experience as a new player who is working on self awareness and loving the new shiny game that I found a couple months ago.

This thread should be required reading for all new players. But hopefully we can feature it somehow on the Forums. In the mean time… Bump.
:crazy_face:

“The opposite of chance, is choice.”

3 Likes

This game is designed to keep people spending. Even if you pull all the S2 heroes you want, there will always be a shiny new hotm with special and unique abilities. They’re are adding new event 5* heroes and S3 will be also coming probably the next year.

So you can be happy with the heroes you have but it’s obvious that new heroes will be (by small steps) better and better than current heroes, like Seshat is better than Toth Amun. When I joined this game back in June 2018 Vivica was considered one of the best healers. Now Ariel and Kunchen just outclassed her.

So if you want to be competitive, you may end never maxing most of your heroes but pulling the new ones which are just better and more fun to play.

1 Like

Welcome to the game! I’m new comparatively as well. My best advice is that you pull until you get the 4* mandatory hero’s. Wu, Wilbur, Proteus. After that you USE YOUR GEMS TO GET ADVENTURE KITS AKA BACKPACKS during Atlantis Rising by refreshing your World Energy

1 Like

Good perspective! I think you’re generally right to want to limit pulls to Atlantis. However, I’d suggest you give the Guardians of Teltoc event a few spins as well, because:

• Titans are the best source of unfarmable ascension mats

• Maximizing tile damage is the key to big titan scores

• Guardian Jackal and Guardian Falcon have very powerful (and unique) specials for the purpose of maximizing tile damage. (Guardian Panther too of course, but she’s suuuuuper hard to get.)

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice. I was lucky enough to get Jackel in a ten pull in guardians. If I’d gotten panther too, that event would be complete as far as I’m concerned.

The odds are so, so, low. It actually hurts to think about.

I’ll probably do some pulls in some events, but the best advice in that article for me to work on, is to know when to walk away without getting what you want.

The Developers at R&P are laughing us straight to their bank. I agree with everything you said here. They really love playing “Jedi mind tricks” on us!! One of my favs they use to make you feel you’re receiving “free” stuff?? When you check your Inventory after PURCHASING pulls, Daily Deals, battle items, etc… they have the audacity to light up the items and stick “free” over them!!! Ticks me off ROYALLY & TO NO END!!
That crap was NOT free - it was bought - they’ve given you NOTHING free!! #trickery #ridiculousness #jedimindtricks

There’s a simple solution: stop spending.

They tell the pull rate. There is a small question mark in each section. You can click it and everything is nicely listed.

Also, I would like to add that probability doesn’t stack. With each pull you start with the same probability. If a chance to get a legendary hero, for example is 1.7 %, with each pull you have a 98.3% chance to get something else. Statistics does not count how often a single player has already pulled.

1 Like

@Almeida wrote that over a year ago. SG only added the pull rate when it looked like various significant authorities were going to legislate.

And while you’re correct that probability doesn’t stack, the more pulls you make, the more likely it is that you will be successful once.