What does tc14-18.give you

Since they are pretty much useless, can I suggest switching them to train colour specific troops !?

3 Likes

It’s been suggested multiple times but considering how much money people spend to max troops, i wouldn’t count on that change ever happening.

Even if it did, it would probly be added to the barracks since barracks only have 10 levels right now.

What they could do is make those levels specific color versions of the guaranteed rare training with a bit higher cost than guaranteed rare training

Small simple improvement that would make those camps slightly more useful

3 Likes

If these were a guaranteed 3*, they would be way more useful (obviously). As is, I don’t even know anyone that researched them.

TC5-8 are more expensive (Slower, use more food) color specific versions of TC2. They are generally a bad idea to run, although there may be some place for pre-running them to power-level next month’s hotm, or for finishing a 5* hero over level 70 where the food cost is really really high.

But they are variations on TC2, which is very useful.

TC14-18 are variations on TC10, which is pretty much useless already.

I think the developers realized exactly how bad/worthless TC10 was when they made the color specific versions of them without even making them cost more food / run slower! :rofl:

I’d guess that they put out ~5% 3* heroes and mostly 1* and 2* … but I haven’t found anybody foolish enough to try them out and report what the results are!

Even with a highly unlikely output with equal chances of 1*, 2*, or 3* heroes by my calculations they still seem like a waste of recruits, food, and time to run.

Last time I asked if anybody had tried it, I never got an answer…

2 Likes

I’m going to report my result :rofl:

Advanced Training Summary
E\S 1☆ 2☆ 3☆
Total 0 5 4
% 0.00% 55.56% 44.44%
Advanced Fire Training Summary
E\S 1☆ 2☆ 3☆
Fire 0 4 2
% 0.00% 66.67% 33.33%

Combined result of all advanced:

E\S 1☆ 2☆ 3☆
Total 0 9 6
% 0.00% 60.00% 40.00%

I have been curious, do the advanced training give 1*??? My brother did some advanced training and he don’t remember getting 1* either.

5 Likes

I agree ( see Notes )

Notes

Click for Notes

FIN

I love this suggest! You should make a thread in the ideas section. You will have my vote!

Thank you so much for reporting that, @yelnats_24! I’m a bit surprised … and now going to check my math and confirm that even with these results which are way better than I had guessed these TC modes are still a bad idea. (I’ll be loudly and publicly eating crow if I discover that they are good for something!)

2 Likes

Well I’ll be dipped in :poop: TC 10, and TC14-18 are the 2nd choice pure* food bank (after TC12) instead of the last choice one, since they produce 50% 3* and 50% 2* heroes, no 1* heroes. (See Link: https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/notes-50-3-50-2-recruit-training-advanced-general-rainbow-dark-holy-ice-nature-fire-odds-and-requirements-or-rt10-rt14-rt18/109879 )

The first measure of a food bank is how effectively it stores food, and how much food (and recruits) it burns (wastes) per day. The second measure is how much feeder hero XP it produces while burning food and recruits. (I’ve included TC11 for comparison, just to show how bad the food banks are at producing feeder hero XP)

Mode Food/Rec Rec/Day k food/Day kXP / day
TC11 500 24 12 3.2
TC10 4200 25 105 0.51
TC12 3644 22.5 82 0.32
TC13 3786 35 132.5 0.32
TC20 2970 50 148.5 0.38 (.33 If saving 5*s instead of eating them)

TC12 still is the lowest recruit and food burn of food banks, with TC10 taking second place. TC10 produces a little more feeder XP. And TC10 stores the most food with each recruit of any food bank.

I’d say that the best scenario would be one like this: You know that a new hotm coming up in a month, and you are planning to power-level that hero when you get him/her. You could use a TC14-18 food bank of that hero’s color, not collecting those heroes for a month, and then have a bunch of 2* and 3* on-color feeders you can use toward the end of feeding that hero. That might save you enough hams to justify the extra losses over the month. (I’m leaving that math to somebody else since I’m not currently hoarding finished heroes like that myself; I’ve got too many heroes to level up now to hold them waiting to pull somebody new)

*Pure food bank = not counting any value for keeper heroes it produces. Most players using food banks also want to get 4* or 5* heroes for their roster, and that alone makes TC20 the overwhelming better choice as a food bank despite being less efficient. It also makes TC13 a reasonable choice for mid-level players with strongholds between 13 and 20, assuming that they don’t have enough 4* heroes to level up during the few months before they can run TC20.

4 Likes

Wait, am I just now learning, after playing for 6 months, that I don’t have to research every level of the TCs, that I can skip researching levels as I build them? So, my TC17 that I just started doing the research for, could have been skipped??? Dang. So I can at least skip researching 18, and continue pushing the build toward my first TC 20. SMDH!

2 Likes

Yeah, you can skip them. Only the building level controls what is available.

2 Likes

Ugh
(bang)
(bang)
(bang).

3 Likes

Yup. And it may be too late for TCs, but the same applies to forges, the hunter’s lodge, alchemy lab, and will presumably apply to the hero academy when it is released someday.

Personally I found no reason to research either revive scrolls or miracle scrolls, as I very seldom use them and have got quite a few in loot. I forgot if I researched it but I never craft super healing portions either. (Might have to research and craft a few of those for a daily valor thing someday, hmmmm)

You can also choose to build or research based on whether you are short ham or iron, or whether both ham and iron storage are sufficient, and also considering that research takes time and resources and ties up the instance doing the research, but doesn’t use a builder, so you might be able to do it at a time when no builder is free.

1 Like

If researching does take a builder why is I can’t use my second builder whilst I am researching something.

I am pretty sure used to be like that but either it’s a bug or something but ATM I can’t use my second builder since I started researching in Hunters Lodge

Maybe path of valor will have a TC17 task, and you will have the last laugh over the rest of us that didn’t research.

1 Like

Researching doesn’t take a builder, but you can’t do both on the same building at once.

If you are researching with the hunter’s lodge and using one builder to upgrade a storage, you cannot use the second builder on the lodge … but you could use it on something else like a different storage building.

Make sense?

Note: the alchemy lab is a little confusing, as it apparently can do multiple things at once; it might be an exception.

Ok i know that… i am telling you that whilst the HL research is active the option use my second builder is not displaying on the other buildings.

Now having said that… as I have 3 acc’s, on one of my other accounts I had 2 builders going and was able to do a HL research.

So maybe it is a bug that when you active a research before the second builder it doesn’t display.

It won’t display unless you have an inactive building to upgrade and the ham/iron required available.

Maybe that was it; you spent the ham and then could no longer upgrade a mine because you were out?

1 Like

Research 19! Get recruits fast

1 Like

I think after 2yrs of playing using 2 builders I know how it works, thank you, lol.

As it turns out today the second builder is showing up as it should so I can only put it down to a clitch for yesterday, cheera

1 Like