I finally made my list. I know that it looks like I hate the game, but that is not the case. I did not want to include mundane things like “the fact that we can now set up five teams.”
Things that I hate about the game (in no particular order)
- The selection of Rewards and Hero summons is far too random. Higher story missions should always give higher level items.
- Not having a way to forge/craft your own high-level items using much lower-level items yourself. A few in my alliance have been waiting six months for particular ascension items.
- Wars in general and how frequent they are.
- No ability for a leader to opt out your alliance from wars.
- No ability for the leader to remove a member from the war roster. If you have a weak member who sets up a defense but never attacks, he becomes a weak link, but maybe he attacks Titans, so you do not want to kick him.
- Wars take up far too much time and effort for rewards that are no better than beating a daily Titan.
- Arrows in war. I hate them. Alliances are already on equal footing. Each individual chooses who to fight against. Perhaps you fight their weak members and they fight yours. There is no need for an extra attack other than what the game already provides for raids.
- The inability to trade items, especially since rewards are so random. I have what he needs and he has what I need. It has been that way for six months, neither of us able to ascend our heroes.
- No private messaging in chat. (Yes, I know, “install another program.” That’s not the point.)
- A shortcut is needed to highlight/change the color of a member’s name in chat to make it quick and easy to spot (e.g. “@Name” turns the name yellow to stand out from the white text.)
- A regular way to replay missions you have already beaten. The “tickets” are random and rare. I want to be able to blaze through 12 missions each and every time that my energy refiles. There is no reason not to allow this, in my opinion, since energy has to refill regularly.
- No ability to endlessly spar (no energy needed) with members of your own alliance to kill time and test your offence or defence against other hero types.
- Beating the story mission and having no extra-special reward.
Things that I love:
- Fun idea. I like match-3 games, and I like the unique spin that this puts on the game verses the many standard games.
- Being able to play on your own without having to be part of an alliance (even if that gets boring)
- The visuls of the game are beautiful. High quality artwork everywhere.
- The kindness of the community. I have run across very few trolls in General Chat and they are easy to block.
- Having such a wide variety of heroes with abilities that both contrast and ballance againt each other.