I suppose I might belong to a separate category Cr2P. Because in technicality, you stop becoming a F2P if you spent anything of real monetary value besides the in-game currency (Gems, Atlantis Coins, Tokens) to get something, even for something like a few dollars.
I’ve mentioned in a few of my posts that as of now, playing since January of 2018 and have only been using Gems/Token I’ve acquired through normal game means (Chests/Titan Loots/Mystic Visions), and upon a certain point in the game, Google Play Store decided to gift me a promotional 1 to be used. So it wasn't really my money to begin with (e.g. it did not come from my own bank account), and I spent it on a flash deal of Gems. But to SGG, it's still money coming into their coffers (doesn't matter the amount or original source the ). So my account has only generated +$0.99 for SGG since its creation, but to SGG, even with so large a player base worldwide, if they can quantify how much of expenses they would incur to upkeep my player data/profile/status, I may as well be a loss revenue account to them.
So having only 0.99 from my profile, I've not ever had a VIP Pass, not spent further on Gem acquisition, chest skips, packs, avatars and pins. So I will probably viewed interchangeably between F2P or C2P (for both my view on spending for this game and how much I’ve actually “spent”), but I may be even cheaper than the C2P “qualifications” than the ones who have posted here.
Why do I not spend more? Don’t I want certain and certain heroes or achievements?
There are several things that I keep in mind every time there is an opportunity to spend on this game.
- There are plenty of players with far larger/better rosters than I will ever be able to catch. There is no $$ to be gained for me even if I somehow make it as top ranked player.
- The game does not have an end-game moment where you are pressured into having to get to in a certain amount of time.
- The game has PvP elements, but not required for advancements, it may take me longer to get some materials, (because I don’t Raid, so my Hero Chest has been filled a total of 2 times since playing, only because the Season 1 Map forces you to create Outposts by Raiding in order to advance).
- The game gives me normal means of having some level of success, and that is through training camps. I won’t get event, seasonal, or heroes of the month this way, but at least they aren’t terrible.
- Perhaps one of the most discussed, and is the source of most of the players frustrations, is that even I do spend money, there is no guarantee that I will acquire so and so uber coveted heroes.
- The game is a means to test my patience, resolve, and discipline.
So, understandably not every one would play like I do, but it’s just the method I choose to play E&P.