What do we think the Gravemaker nerf will look like?

So before anyone gets their underwear in a bunch, there hasn’t been anything released about a Gravemaker nerf, nor do I have any inside info on this (and yes, I have him on my main account). This is simply me having played a ton of games and seen SGG’s reaction to other, less powerful heroes.

BUT: he’s crazy stupid good. You can hit GM with a lvl 1 4* troop on him with both Magni and Alaise’s special (both max 80) and it won’t kill him. That’s a bunch of crap right there. No VERY FAST red damage dealer should be able to shrug off the two best blue one-shot damage dealers’ specials (with level 13 4* troops on both)

He’s probably one of the heroes that will push event + HOTM teams out of reach of standard hero teams and into the “you only win on a God board” scenario. They nerfed Guin 2-3 times and Zeline 1-2 times and they are less powerful than this guy, so I’m creating this to see who gets closest to what ends up happening a month or two down the road. (Note this is very different from what SHOULD happen).

3 Likes

Now you’ve done it.

Not a

I hope they don’t. At first I wasn’t sure about him. Holy smokes is he good. The very fast mana and DOT is brutal. I run an all red team so he’s paired with Boldtusk, Marjana, Azlar and Khagan. He is a difference maker

• Or a DEF nerf to make him die faster (with a buff to ATK and HP)
  • Or a DOT damage nerf with damage /3 turns vs the actual /2 turns
  • Or the special speed changed to fast

But certainly I would be pretty upset as he is my tank :disappointed_relieved:
Not so sure about Zeline being weaker than Gravemaker.

My guess is that they would first try reverting him to his original incarnation with lower damage percent:

Dont you feel claustrophobic when you see grave in d especially at tank? I was like come on, give me some space

Well, if it follows other nerfs like Guin and Zeline, they’ll probably lower his dot from 177 to 167 a turn.

He’s good, but he’s not even top 5 event/hotm, I don’t see why he would need a nerf. Especially with all the new crazy hotm and season 2 heroes coming out. I don’t have any issues with him in raids. Isarnia and Magni combo kill him outright, even from full.

3 Likes

Moving him to fast is too extreme, unless Guin goes to slow and Zeline to average…

He is a good Zeline, Alby counterhero. He is the reason why u see less Alby, Zeline Combos. Zeline is much stronger than Grave in my opinion. Nerve him is not good if Alby and Zeline stay as they are. Better is to give some other heroes Little more life, then the dot is not that impressive → Heroes with high lifebar are needed - more diversity is my biggest wish in E&P for future.

3 Likes

What are his maxed stats compared to marjana cause i dont recall a huge difference

I think in the same way, like giving to other heroes effects like Aeron’s debuff block ones or new effect that prevent the affected target to put debuffs & dot (only damage, heal or buff allowed).

Less damage, probably halfway from now and the 90% of the first beta.

SGG has had a year and some to do that. But they haven’t…

2 Likes

If I were to nerf him, I would reduce his direct damage to keep the core concept of a heavy, quick burn intact. At first launch in beta he did 85% instead of 145% initial damage. I think he’d be very strong still at 115% or 125%.

I see more danger with Khiona flanked by Drake and GM soon enough…

Why give them such ideas? :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually devs never do things that we suggest.
So this way he prevent his hero to getting cut.

Clever :face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

how about instead of nerfing thing how about reworking and buffing the heroes

1 Like

At 3 70 He’s a joke, I can steam roll him with Grimm and Alasie tile damage before he goes off. At 4 80 he’s tough unless Rigard is charged to cleanse. Takes a good board to beat him maxed but my team is only 3273. Ares is more annoying than GM.

3 Likes