What deals / offers are the most value for money?

i hear you!! i’ve maxed out my iron but still lacking in food storage and houses. helluva long road :confused:

HA10 is a pain for sure. I’m now over 30 months into the game and I’m finally at the point of finishing the last of my buildings and research for every building. And full disclosure: I had VIP for much of that time, which made building a lot easier. I wouldn’t even want to know how long it would take to max every building without having VIP at least part of that time.

I’d recommend the current VIP offer. Then I also go for the $2 USD offers that come with 400 gems & 25 summon coins. The best offers come with 200 gems per US dollar and then more on top.

The Path of Valor pass is good too if you reach tier 48+, but VIP, Atlantis-style offers, and PoV likely add up to more than you want to be spending all at once. Once you let this game in your wallet, it’s pretty good at digging deeper. You’ll want to know exactly how much you’re okay with spending before you go down a rabbit hole.

I’ll say this, though: With the typical $5 USD VIP offer and then all 4 copies of an Atlantis deal (or more likely Season 4 now), you’re buying 10 summons a month–plus an extra builder, daily emblems, and 90 loot tickets–for $13 a month plus tax.

2 Likes

Best deals are VIP pass in general followed by Path of Valor! If you don’t need anything special ypu get much more out of them than from any direct gem or summon offer!

1 Like

I am 15 months in the game and VIP up and running all the time. Still 2 weeks to go to make my HA10 fully developed. VIP is a good deal for sure.
So if you wanna spend, VIP is the best possible option atm.

That’s a pretty impressive pace. No idea how you managed to do it that fast. I don’t know how long I’ve been playing but it must be going on 12 months and i’m not that close. Although, maybe it’s feasible I will be in 3 more months.

cool, thanks for all the extra info on the other offers too. it’s nice to see a summary of the estimated total $ vs what you’re getting at the end of each month!

1 Like

It’s really difficult to spend only once in this game. Even more because that once will not help you that much.

So either don’t spend, or know that you are going to find more excuses in the future to spend again.

1 Like

I know quite well how long I am playing because I am still staying with one alliance since beginning. I did join them 20 days after I begun to play. So I am with this game exactly 450 days today :slight_smile:

Yeah, my pace to HA10 is quite heavy but I never used any shortcut (like speeding up building construction with gems).
I am lvl 59 now (60 soon) and grinding hard to farm enough resources to have them ready for buildings and research.
I can even imagine I could get to HA10 even sooner (app. 2 weeks sooner) but I had to choose in between other priorities.

FWIW, this is $4 USD as well.

VIP remains the best deal in the game, and these occasional deals make it even better if you’re going to spend at all.

2 Likes

I think this depends a lot on your play style, where you are in the game and how much you are willing to spend/ gamble. I’ve played this game f2p first 6 months, c2p next 6, vc2p next 12 months. Only pack I’ve bought this year was the Valentines gem share pack, because I wanted to gift my alliance mates a little something.

With that context, here are my thoughts:

1. VIP is the best deal in the game. It covers 3 big game bottlenecks - building, emblems and loot tickets (for farming). And you get gems to play around with. So it’s really a little bit of everything. Not enough to make significant progress (except doubling building), but enough to keep you ticking along at a decent pace.

There are 2 special VIP deals - Dragon Magic in March, and the Rudolph deal in Dec (or thereabouts).

Edit: There’s also Cyber Week Special in November

1. Loot ticket deals. There are two of them in the shop for gems and a Raining Loot Tickets $$ deal. Once you are in mid game, and ramping up your farming for recruits, items etc., loot tickets become your best friend. Especially during Atlantis Rises.

2. Valor Pass. I bought it the first time and then never again (despite completing lvl 50 every single time). Apart from that single extra epic ascension item at level 48, nothing else stood out enough for me to tempt me to get it again. Like VIP, it has a little of many things. But it’s impact on your game progression isn’t as high as VIP, at least it wasn’t to me. However, many do consider this as one of the better deals. But in my endeavour to go from c2p to vc2p, this was the first to get axed.

3. Various gem offers. This is a great thread to see the $ value comparison for gems across different offers.
    Gem-Dollar Spent Deal Comparison
    I use gems primarily for hero summons and a few for hero cap increase. I’ve also used them to buy the loot ticket gem deals a couple of times. This is the table I consult before spending for gems.

4. Emblems and Ascension Items offers. Here we are moving away from c2p and getting into higher wallet zones. Simply because the amount of emblems/ items needed is so high, that one deal doesn’t make a big dent. Unless you are super close on a certain level and just need a little something to get over. Then again, that’s the starting of the slippery slide. I recommend farming alkashards for these if you want to stay c2p or below.

5. Trainer heroes. Not going to lie, I’ve bought a couple of these. Same as point 4. It’s a momentary fix, and starting of a slippery slope towards more and more purchases.

6. Goblin Balloon. Never bought it. Never wanted it. Possibly the most horrible p2p ad in the game.

7. Share with your alliance mates deals. There’s a couple of gem ones and the Mythic Titan items one. Depends on your group, your personal connections and wallet size. I’ll buy the gem one for my mates. Never bought the items one and don’t plan to.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@Circe this is super detailed & really informative!

i’ll be honest, i was so fixated on the double builders that come with vip that i haven’t given much thought to the loot tickets. They seem like a major plus point considering i always burn out during atlantis.

I have the same sentiments as you on the valor pass - some of my alliance mates swear by it but i’ve never been too enticed by the prizes. Will probably consider valentines / share the gems when it comes back around though.

thanks a bunch!!

1 Like

Happy to help :slight_smile: Just be aware, even with the double builder, HA10 takes quite a while. You need your stronghold, ALL food and iron storages, and your HA maxed. And you’ll probably also want to max your iron mines to keep up with your iron requirements. It’s doable of course, just set your expectations accordingly, since the build times get super frustrating!

Good luck :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You also need to be able to hold 300 recruits; so, don’t forget that houses need to be pretty high, too…

3 Likes

Best summons deal is the final day of tavern with 3000 coins for $30, so about 1/3 the usual cost for summons and you also get some gems and WE flasks

Except that Tavern of Legends offer only gives Legends portal summon tokens, not gems. And that portal has the worst odds in the game of summoning a non S1 hero. You can search the forums for various threads on the math comparison of legends portal vs others.

1 Like

Bad memory on the gems,

But none the less it’s still the cheapest dollar amount to each pull in the game, even if you don’t like the portal it’s still a good value deal

1 Like

Whilst I still dislike it (my summons are generally rubbish in it) it is better than it was.

At least you can get the current HOTM in the portal now.

But if there’s a very specific past HOTM you want (such as Seshet for example) then yes, the odds are terrible. If you just want any old HOTM it’s pretty similar to the other portal now.

It did originally, but it now has the best odds… by a slim 0.1%.

The odds for getting a PARTICULAR hero are the worst, but most people summoning aren’t trying to chase a particular non-featured hero, but any non s1 hero.

The bigger issue with Tavern is that outside of those 5 stars, everything else is crap. At least with the others you could get a useful 3 or 4 star. Which is why I still think Tavern should have ONLY trainers if you don’t get a 5.

I also think there should be a minimum 0.1% chance for every 5 in it. Which, yes, means the odds of getting any would constantly increase.

Well I haven’t really tracked tavern odds lately because that’s not a portal that appeals to me. Yes GM (or insert any other still desirable old hotm here) is great, and I still don’t have him, but I’m doing fine without him for the last 2 years.

As vc2p and sometimes c2p, I rather focus on the latest heroes with power creep, where even the 3-4s are new. Given how good Valhalla’s 3s turned out, I’d rather focus on S4 portal, and increase my chances of getting any new hero, rather than old dupes. And perhaps spin my luck in Costume Chamber sometimes to see if I get lucky with a 5 S1 costume, since I’ve already invested in levelling those up and costumes don’t need as much ascension mats.

1 Like