What constitutes VC2P, C2P, and P2P?

I’ve played this game on and off since 2018. In that time, I’ve spent around $200 throughout game play. I mainly paid for the Path of Valor, and when I needed it, the 30 day VIP. I only paid for 1 ten pull (Black Friday, and I got Treevil!) since playing.

What in your opinion is the money limit you think of when seeing these acronyms?

1 Like

Now this can mean a host of different thing to different players.
But just for me, and my opinion only, and you did ask:
Very Cheap To Play (VC2P) - probably limited to the extremely cheap gems offers that are occasionally available and possibly VIP
Cheap to Play (C2P) - gems offers, POV, VIP, event special offers for pulls etc, Black Friday offers, cheap Christmas event offers etc
Pay to Play (P2P) - you chase everything to get that new hero and level it and keep on top buying the top offers that include gems and mats and aethers etc. so to some money is no object (or you are just addicted to the game and spend money you don’t really have)
Just my two pennies worth

5 Likes

I was just thinking about this. Here’s my defenition.

Free to play, speaks for itself.

Cheap to play, I consider that under 90 a month. I got that number based on my personal spending habits. I used to drink like 4 Red Bulls a day, depending on can size, that was 10-14 dollars a day. So the way I look at it, 90 a month is like buying a coffee everyday. (Mind you I was spending like 300 a month on redbull and I have stopped lol)I consider that doable and cheap for most people earning a decent income.

Pay to play, so that for me is over 90 bucks a month, more liberal with gems, doing summons here and there but keeping a budget.

Whaling, I consider this pulling every portal, advancing every chest, buying every offer and gems on top of that for heavier pulls. There are also levels to whaling. I whale hard, but I know for a fact people are farming all day, buying WE all day, raiding all day, mercing titans. I don’t go that hard. But there are levels to the whaling aspect be of the game.

That’s my take. I’ve had insane luck. In 3 months I can’t count how many amazing 5 stars I received. For me, I cannot enjoy the game unless I buy stuff. Constantky feeling stifled in my progress would really make the game unpleasant. But let me say, if you can play free or cheap and enjoy the game, man I envy you. I simply don’t have the patience or self control. It’s impressive honestly. Cheers!

3 Likes

Whales

Translation of how I use the following terms:

P2W

Whale++

Gets every featured hero, gets every featured costume, and gets every 4* ascension item offer

Whale+

Considers results from paid summons / offers only:
Gets an average of 1x featured hero every time it is offered, gets an average of 1x featured costume every time it is offered, and the necessary 4* ascension offers to level these

P2P

Whale

Gets every 5* HotM and the necessary 4* ascension offers to level these

Mini whale

Gets an average of 1x to 3x 5* heroes per month, Gets an average of 1x to 3x 5* costume per month, and the necessary 4* ascension offers to level 1x to 2x of these

Baby whale

Gets an average of 1x to 3x limited availability 4* heroes per month, gets an average of 1x to 3x limited availability 4* costumes per month, and the necessary non farmable material offers to level 2x to 4x of these 4* heroes and 1x 5* hero each month

Not Whales

Translation of how I use the following terms:

C2P

Anti Gambler

Only buys offers that guarantees items they are currently short due to Merciless RNG, spends gems on summons to fill gaps in roster, or play style

Example
PoV only when need the exact 4* ascension item

Challenge festival summons only until first Guardian Falcon

Strict Budget

Has a set entertainment budget, spends X% on Empires, wants to spend more for better results but cannot justify anything more than X%

If X% is large enough to qualify as a whale, use whale terminology instead

VIP yearly

Only buys yearly VIP

VC2P

VIP monthly

Only buys 30 days of VIP when needs it, spends $2 USD, or less, per month

Gift Budget

Asks for iTunes, or Google, gift cards, spends them all Empires

Time Budget

Only does time based purchases like Mystic Vision, or Google rewards

No Spend

see

( No spend trap OR past 5* HotM, small team, alliances and Valor points OR why SGG ignores most suggestions )

FIN

6 Likes

Not sure how to link but hopefully this works

2 Likes

Looks like Homaclese has finally found where he belongs

whale

3 Likes

E&P marine biology

P2W (Whales)

Whale++
Blue whale :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

Whale+
Humpback whale :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

Whale
Sperm whale :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

Mini whale
Narwhal :money_mouth_face:

Baby whale
Beluga :money_mouth_face:

C2P (Sharks)

Anti gambler
Great White :sweat_smile:

Strict budget
Whale shark :wink:

VIP yearly
Basking shark :blush:

VIP monthly
Nurse shark :smiling_face:

Gift budget/time budget
Greenland shark :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

No spend
Angel shark :innocent:

1 Like

Am I the only one who spends money for everything except summons?

I mean, I spend money mostly for: VIP, POV, loot tickets, get gems (and covert them into flasks / loot tickets).

E even permanently deleted my account (including from Google Play Games) but then I restored it because I had nothing else to spend time on :sweat_smile:

I spend like $30 - $40 a month and I consider myself a Pay to Play, not Pay to Win, since most of my heroes are meh. Thank RNG for huge the 4* collection.

1 Like