What are your thoughts on Elena

I have Elena and her costume, and was thinking of leveling her up. Right now I have them both at 3/70, but I am super hesitant to take her any further due to her low defense. I know that emblems will help, but I am extremely cheep to play, so I probably wouldn’t take her emblems beyond 7. I have Azlar with 7 emblems, and looking for another red 5* to level up. I have JF at 3/11 right now, and he may get the mats. I also have Marjana at 2/60, and Khagan at 1/2. If Elena’s mana was fast I would finish ascending her in a heart beat. What do y’all think?

Edit:
I have Sartana with 5 emblems, Alfrike with 6, Joon’s costume with no emblems, Vivica with 3, Vela with 4, Raffaele with 5, Mother North with 4, Kadlien’s costume with no emblems, and Azlar with 7.

I have enough ascension mats for 2 more red 5*’s
Has anyone complained to the devs about her? They could’ve fixed it with her costume but they missed that opportunity!

Edit 2:
I should have been more specific. I am looking for a red 5* hero that would be decent on defense or attack. Elena is great for attack, but her defense is too low for me to use her on my defense team. Right now Azlar is my tank for war defense (I know, I have better, but my alliance currently wants to have a red tank), and I do want to switch him out for someone that has a much better defense, and preferably fast mana. I guess that means Marjana would be my best bet, but if enough people love Elena, and I am obviously missing how good she really is, then I will def. finish leveling her up. Thanks!

In my honest opinion, without seeing your roster detail, I would level Jean-Francois and Marjana before Elena and Khagan last.
Whichever hero you choose, good luck

5 Likes

Depends on your roster, but if you don’t have Marjana ascended she is probably the priority. Having two slow and squishy 5s (Azlar and Elena) is sub optimal

3 Likes

@Infinite, @JGE I have Sartana with 5 emblems, Alfrike with 6, Joon’s costume with no emblems, Vivica with 3, Vela with 4, Raffaele with 5, Mother North with 4, Kadlien’s costume with no emblems, and Azlar with 7.

In which case I’d say Marjana as you don’t have many snipers, lots of support heroes, but need more snipe and speed

2 Likes

Thanks for the roster detail. I would go with Marjana first then Jean-Francois.
You are better putting emblems on Costume Joon And Costume Kadilen. Good luck

1 Like

I went to put emblems on them, but their regular heroes are both 4/1. I plan on eventually leveling them up just for that purpose.

I used to buy all the deals and summon at will. Had 3 Tc-20 going and still went almost a year without a red 5* had 2 sets of rings and pulled Elena. Like you very nervous, and played with her at 3-70 for a few months knowing if I gave her rings and emblems I would pull a better option. After another month of nothing I but bullet and did it and was bittersweet as she was better than nothing and she did help my team… But she still wasn’t great.
As for emblems, it is right idea in theory but there are so many better heroes in that class. It’s hard to justifying giving to her I have her at +8 and still not that good. About a month and half later I got puss in boots and then a month after him marjana. in hind sight I should waited maybe, but rng being so fickle lol my worse

2 Likes

Different points of view on this matter… my Marjana+7 never almost never comes out to play, while Elena+11 is on my every red stack. My red mono team is Mitsuko+6 Boldtusk+18 Elena+11 Wilbur+18 Azlar+18 and it’s very effective against 4700 Telluria teams. 4 red tiles are needed to kill Telluria+20 and lvl30 troops. Then it’s a race to fill the mana bars before Gravemaker Vela Finley and Drake kill you… I actually fear Drake more than Gravey Finley and Vela… Boldtusk and Wilbur can keep my team alive and undo Vela’s attack debuff, Mitsuko will make corner Finley kill himself, but I have no cleanser for Drake’s blind… Boosted by Boldtusk and Wilbur, Elena and Azlar generate insane ammounts of damage. I know meta is fast, but, no matter what people say, slow heroes are amazingly usefull if you get to know how to use them.

Took them out for a raid, just to prove my point…

5 Likes

+1, Marjana is a “must have” in my opinion, I use her all the time. And her evade is priceless.

3 Likes

I should have been more specific. Thanks for the detailed reply! I use her right now at 3/70 when I go mono, or 3/2 against a green tank, or a team that doubled up on green. I am looking for a hero that would be decent on defense or attack. Elena is great for attack, but her defense is too low for me to use her on my defense team. Right now Azlar is my tank for war defense (I know, I have better, but my alliance currently wants to have a red tank), and I do want to change him out for someone that has a much better defense, and preferably fast mana. I guess that means Marjana would be my best bet, but if enough people love Elena, and I am obviously missing how good she really is, then I will def. finish leveling her up. Thanks again!

Now that is what I call service! Looked for a Telli to beat just for me! Thanks again!

My pleasure! Finding a Telli isn’t exactly a difficult thing these days… took me about 15 seconds to find a 4700+ team. By the way, Azlar is my war and raid defense tank, as well, and he does just fine. Not the best, of course, but I don’t usualy drop below 2500 these days…

1 Like

Marjana is a great vanilla sniper, you won’t regret investing in her. I personally like Elena better than JF. Her tile damage is excellent, and if you get a good board and are able to charge her special it’s high impact. I ascended JF and I get some use out of him but overall I find him a bit underpowered. His defense buff vs. blue isn’t usually enough to have much impact, and his def down reverse can be difficult to time.

2 Likes

The low defense is intentional on Elena. It gives her riposte more punch. She IS very squishy though…but that tile damage is great even after she’s dead. I’d rank Marjana as your best best for first ascension though as she is great everywhere and is a rare great 5* rogue. I personally have Elena sitting at 3/70 too with costume and haven’t quite been able to pull the trigger. My options are Azlar, 2nd Marjana, Noor, or her. Elena will probably get the nod.

2 Likes

I love my c. Elana… she is very fun… but I would give anything for marjana…

2 Likes

This is my squad against GTV…
Work pretty well, so you will need 3 of them; Elena-C, Marjana, JC

1 Like

I had not thought of that, that does make sense. But her slow mana makes it take too long to charge her up. She might do well flanking the tank on defense though. Someone else mentioned that even after she dies the tile damage is still good, which is def true. I will most likely ascend Marjana, and then might go with Elena. Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your input!! I think I am going to go with Marjana, and revisit the forum when it is time to choose my next red 5* to ascend. Thanks again!

I would go Elena without costume over Marjana. With costume, it’s not close IMO.