What are the most frustrating parts of the game for new players?

Closest anyone is prob getting is my YouTube content that is gaining subs pretty rapidly. I have tons of content planned.

4 Likes

Frustrating:

• not getting any coloured chest
  • Leveling is hampered by material that should be in coloured chest though yesterday i got a 4* elixer in a normal chest :smiley:
  • This game is an attack on my patience :smiley: Leveling up castle (AND camps) is costing me ages. Now level 15, first leveling up some mills and then gather iron for level 16. Then again level up all my iron storage…
    Maybe at level 20 end of april. Maybe… Leveling up storage is costing more and more time :smiley:
  • No chance at the special stages. Because of leveling up slow :smiley: AND the special stages give leveling up materials… sort of a circle.

What’s nice: everything else. Especially seeing you gane 53 cups by being attacked. :smiley:

Biggest discouragement for me is the lack of ascension items and 5* draws. Especially when I look at my raids against lower level users with rainbow teams of 5*heroes maxed out…

1 Like

How are you utilizing your training camps?

5* draws come eventually. But if you can get a good variety of 4* heros, you can make up for the lack of 5* with proper strategy. Just won 5/6 raids this morning with all 4* heros and most of the teams i went against were made up mainly of 5* heros, some were all 5*

I came with update 1.5; was something like 6+ months of changes before then that I missed vis a vis two rounds of nerfs to Boldtusk for example which I just wasn’t here for but I found out after the fact.

Would’ve been neat to have a timeline @sleeperZ96BT but I’m not qualified to write it, you’re more qualified than I am Rook :slight_smile:

Global chat…

I played this game for 7 days before joining an alliance. I wasn’t sure if a phone game would hold my attention because I was one so dedicated to mmo games (needless to say I’ve got the patience thing down lol). I didn’t want to spend any money or bother folks actually trying to work together and accomplish anything that I spent my first week solo.

And I had to turn the garbage chat off. Peer support was great - but I’m not going to lie global was nothing but an eyesore.

To me, I found the limitations on world energy/flags most annoying when I first started out. Simply because I couldn’t play as much as I wanted. However, over time I’ve come to value that, and I understood early on that this game was going to be a long haul.

1 Like

When i had so many cups that i needed only 10 or so to get into a higher league in the last raid i got every single time a so awful board that even a much weaker team could kill me. I’m not talking about bad board, I’m talking about “instant lose” board (only 3 matchables in different colors, no gems, no bombs, no cascades so specials cannot charge either). There were rounds when i could not fire a single special due to this type of board. And after I lost and dropped 50 cups, many times i rematched and even if I won i got back only 20 or so. This happened me 5 times or even more. So I found this very frustrating.

I kant rite. Eye is cat. meow

Just kidding.

I really don’t have any complaints. I think the team at Small Giant do a great job. I think they’ve earned their 4.8/5 rating on Play Store. They’ve always treated me fairly. They’ve always listened. If they can’t address a ticket as requested, I always receive a polite explanation.

Yeah, the lottery can be frustrating. I think I’ve pretty much accepted that and modify my spending habits appropriately. Spending real money on a 10x pull and not getting a 5* is frustrating, but I get it. It’s a business model they’ve chosen and I’m okay with it.

I’ve seen zero favoritism. We’ve never been afforded any luxuries to the game because of our service of creating content, moderating, what have you, which I think speaks a lot to their integrity.

I’m not at the top. I’m okay with it. I enjoy taking out the 5* teams with my 4* teams and rubbing it in in my videos :wink:

Anyway, yeah I’m happy. No real complaints here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am a 5 month old player, almost F2P, and I am tired of waiting for - well, everything, good heroes, building progress (and that’s with second builder!), ascention materials, raid energy to fill, events etc.
I was really enjoying the game during the first three month. It was fun and exciting. And it really draws you in. And now it feels like a stagnation phase. End of progress. I’ve even registered to this forum and read almost every thread trying to occupy myself while waiting. Maybe I just should check the game like once a week (rare quest) to avoid this constant waiting on the verge of frustration. Or to change my phlegmatic casual alliance for a chatty one. I don’t know how to save myself from waiting that sooner or later will lead me to a boredom.
May be the game was meant to be that way for a non-paying players? A few older members of our alliance abandoned the game exactly around 4-5 month of play.
The only good things now are raids and war - but it is ten minutes of fun and then you are out of energy. It would be a great thing to have 24 raid energy per day but all at once.

Well, as for now, I think it was a silly thing to be so deeply invested (not with money but with time and interest) into a mobile game. I should have known better. From now on E&P place in my schedule is during morning coffee and ten minutes in the evening. And that it all there is to it.

1 Like

If you want to collaborate, I’m willing to do the typing for a timeline of E&P changes. :wink:

3 Likes

I have had many frustrations over the past couple months, but I can also say that many have been ironed out by reading the forums for advice.

Example: raids were definitely a pain early on, but through strategy adjustments and lineups changes they are becoming more and more of a fun challenge. Ditto for monthly events.

For now, my one and only frustration is the lack of ascension items and the absolutely dreadful loot tables. Heroes and monster chests almost never give anything good. Rare chests seem to come less and less often now (I’ve cleared almost 40 of the above chests since my last rare chest spawn), and that’s kinda sad since it seems to be one of the few reliable ways of getting decent stuff. Titan and alliance war loot is mostly a miss, so that leaves a few of my best heroes in a holding pattern, waiting for the item that never comes.

1 Like

Minus a small monetary investment early on, and $5 bucks for VIP, I’m largely F2P. There are so many avenues to keep myself entertained in this game, and they keep adding more. The big milestone for game change was reaching TC20 (Training Camp 20), where the 4* and 5* gave a much higher chance percentage of hits.

If you have hit a wall for ascension items, you should be checking:

• Wanted chests
  • Rare Wanted chests
  • Mystic Vision
  • (high-level) Titan loot*
  • Rare quests*

*These items are more easily obtained with a high-level team

5 Likes

Well, I forgot to add that the thing I loved the most about this game is the great community. And the very helpful forum I’ve been studying to avoid the stress of waiting. And all the videos of 7DD guys.
So, yep, Rook, I am doing almost all you mentioned above and there actually are some good things coming. I’ve managed to get Grimm at my second legendary training today. I hope that with 4 TC20 running the game is going to become interesting again pretty soon. I need Wu and a deeper roster for tier 9 rewards. And the bunnies - need those Easter bunnies to cheer me up. :rabbit:

4 Likes

:grin:

Let’s race to Wu and the bunnies…I don’t have them yet either.

On your mark…get set…GO!

1 Like

Raiding the drives me crazy
Quiet for one or two weeks
And one shot we get attack every two minutes for two day aaarrrhhggg
Bullst
W
re
#!#!!### rage

I am not quite f2p, but I’m a very modest spender. I’m on my second (and presumably last) VIP (for now, lol), and I have bought some of the cheap gem offers during events and a couple flash offers.

However, this game certainly takes time, regardless of spending. This is mainly due to the rarity of ascension materials, world/raid flags mechanic and slow research. Don’t fixate on getting that 5* roster completed, but evolve your 3*'s and 4* (as you get them from training camp). Check the forum’s to get ideas as to who’s worth training (but keep all your 4*'s and have double colours on all 3*'s).

Also, I get the impression that you might be in an alliance that might not be ideal for you. Don’t hesitate to search for greener pastures. Loyalty can easily block your progress and kill your fun in the game. Finding an alliance that suits your game is vital, so don’t get stuck in a half dead group.

1 Like

I know that’s true. The discouraging part is when the lower level players get lucky with filling a 5* rainbow team. Turn on my account’s “good luck draw” flag or something. Haha

The Ascension items have been an ongoing frustration for a lot of people. For those that have been playing for a long time, I don’t think are quite as frustrated, because it used to be WAY WORSE, lol.

Still frustrating, but it’s improved quite a bit since I’ve started. And perhaps it’s easy to see where it used to be and what it is now, and so I’m blind to it :sunglasses:

4 Likes