What am I doing wrong?- Where are my Elemental chests?

I can confirm that burning tickets repeatedly at 23-11 did not give me an elemental chest. Tried that for a long while. :wink:

2 Likes

I get one every two weeks minimum. I skip only when the gem cost is 5 or less. I do make sure I clear both my monster and hero chest as close as possible together to ensure that when they active that they roll over together. In fact my second chest after opening my first hero chest was a blue element and I had to go onto global to ask what it was!

As for things I dont get, I have only ever got an epic token 3 times since I started playing. In fact I have more 3 and 4 star troops than some in my alliance have that have played 3x longer than I have, so there’s that.

I spent the first month of playing, leveling a complete rainbow team, instead of focusing on one or two hero’s at a time and that almost put me off the game. Having my alliance convince me that getting vip was “the best option to do when starting” has to be the best advise I have ever got.

Finally, focusing on getting atleast one ( two of each is better if you want to drop tanks and ne useful in wars) of my 3 star hero’s made a huge difference to my enjoyment of the game in general and also taught me to focus on what I had and not on what I wanted.

Overall I think that this is probably the best game since Magic The Gathering was invented. Same concept,l except this is better as the players you play against come to you. No traveling to groups only to spend an hour argueing the nuances of a card with somebody that was an “expert” lol. The hero cards in this game are straight forward. Easy to use, play with and they are the same for everyone. It’s those that experiment with team rosters etc that find the real treasure hidden in the game.

3 Likes

Hello Randa,

I did not say that I got no 3* material but it wasn’t for ascension (AM)…

AM = Ascension material. Purple chests always have two slots for 3* or 4* AM. Are you saying you didn’t get any? Or you didn’t get any of the unfarmable ones?

@stormy, Keep track of your elemental chest. When you do, the waiting seems less long. estimated, they arrive every 30-35 monster, raid and Titan chests.

AKA Traggeter

1 Like

I did not have any unfarmable AM but high class material for crafting.

I’m assuming you’re not talking about an elemental chest then.

Elementals always have designated slots in place:

• Rare Crafting Item (4*)
  • Rare Mat (3*+)
  • Rare Mat (3*+)
  • Rare Battle Item (3*+)
  • Gems (~20-50)
  • Token (Summons, ETT or EHT)
  • Loot Ticket (~3-6)
  • Flask (WE, Raid or Titan Flask)
  • Trainer Hero (1*+)
  • Atlantis Coin (~3-30)
  • Emblems (~3-50) (Haven’t had an elemental with these in em yet so unsure of where they’re placed)

So if you indeed did get a purple chest, you should have gotten two 3* or 4* mats (farmable or unfarmable).

Unless I’m understanding something incorrectly?

2 Likes

So as I see this, you don’t get all of it. And rare Mat is not dedicated an Ascension item, right? If I remember correctly I had:
•Rare Crafting Item (4*) CHECK
•Rare Mat (3*+) CHECK (but 3* crafting)
•Rare Mat (3*+) No
•Rare Battle Item (3*+) CHECK
•Gems (~20-50) CHECK
•Token (Summons, ETT or EHT) CHECK Epic troop
•Token (Summons, ETT or EHT) No
•Token (Summons, ETT or EHT) No
•Loot Ticket (~3-6) CHECK
•Flask (WE, Raid or Titan Flask) CHECK world energy
•Trainer Hero (1*+) CHECK
•Atlantis Coin (~3-30) CHECK
•Emblems (~3-50) CHECK

No, you should be getting one thing that meets those requirements in every slot. I’ve been tracking my own elementals for six months and it has never strayed from that path. So if that’s true, then something’s not right.

In total, you get one crafting items, two ascension materials, one battle item, gems, three random tokens, loot tickets, a flask, a trainer hero, some Atlantis coins and some emblems. Every Elemental Chest should have some variance of those. For example, you will always get three tokens. Sometimes, you’ll get three summons tokens, and sometimes, you’ll get two troop and one hero token. You will always get two AM. Sometimes, they’ll be darts and a scope, and sometimes they’ll both be boots, but you always get two AM no matter what.

4 Likes

Yeah, I usually hit 1-8-4 to fill my monster chest. Cheap and fast. I’ll keep 13-6 in mind for the mats. My husband is particularly having a hard time getting the chain mail coats. I’ve been receiving them in 2-1-1. I farm the crap out of that one. I see another golden macaw, I’m going to gag though :joy: Yeah, I did the 400 golden macaw mission :crazy_face::woozy_face:

2 Likes

Haha, I haven’t brought myself to do any of those missions; I’m not committed enough to kill that many specific monsters, while forgoing getting recruits, for an avatar. Lol one day!

& Yeah 1-13-6 has a lot of monsters (more than 1-8-7), but isn’t good for recruits. Only good for 3* farmables mats, exp, and filling the monster chest. 1-8-7 is the best 3 flag level to farm, especially if you’re after recruits. Though, if you’re not after filling the monster chest fast, 2-1-7 2-1-8 and 2-1-9 on hard are good for backpacks. 2-15-8 (hard) and 2-15-9 (normal) are good for recruits and lots of other items. Those two are now my favorite place to farm, but they cut down on how many monster chests I can fill a day.

Try out a few of those levels and see if they fit with what you’re looking for; hopefully they help :blush:

This piqued my interest. I’ve been tracking all sorts of data since June 2018, so I just looked at my own history. Apparently I’ve been averaging 38.5 monster/raid chests, and 9.6 days, between elemental chests. Maybe I’m due for some quick ones!

(LOL. I know there’s no such thing as “due” when it comes to RNG. But if they come more frequently for me going forward than they have been so far, that’ll be great!)

For reference: I skip the raid chest timer every time my raid flags fill up, and never skip monster chests. Most days that means two monster chests and three raid chests, but some days only one monster chest, and some days only two raid chests.

2 Likes

This does not compute for me.

4 Likes

My Hero chest has been filled exactly 2 times since playing about 1 year ago. All were forced raids from S1 Maps.

1 Like

Consider me flabbergasted.

3 Likes

The data I have doesn’t give a tight enough 95% confidence bound to exclude ~38 days as the true mean. It’s only a few hundred samples. It also didn’t break chests out by type, so I don’t really know if the percentages are even across all types of chests (meaning your mix might have a different average frequency than my dataset). So I’m afraid I can’t promise you any mean reversion.

If you have your tracking data in a format that’s shareable, I’d love to get my hands on it and add it to the data I already have.

I’ve got it in an Excel spreadsheet. I could e-mail? Or maybe create a google sheet and copy this data in?

But, it also occurs to me that it’s possible that I failed to record an elemental chest or two over the months (fat fingers maybe hit “claim” before I could screen shot?), which would obviously skew the frequency data. There were a couple of pretty long gaps that seem like outliers at the very least.

All of the recording is a little imprecise, so I wouldn’t sweat it too much. I’ve shifted to screenshotting chest loot, and then periodically batching through the screenshots to minimize errors. But I’m sure they still happen.

Excel is what I use too. The email addy I set up for E&P data is: catch2005-EandP@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Thank you for doing this and putting it out there so clearly! I’ve updated the wiki’s Wanted Missions page to include that - info on the reward slots was sorely lacking. Tyvm!

1 Like

OK, great! I’ll send it to you next time I’m at a computer other than my work computer (on which I can’t access my personal gmail).

1 Like